GTA Heaven

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
omg wat were they thinking wen they made this $hit.
They even said prior to release that this game is really optimised and wud work even 3yr old systems

R* said:
Most users using current PC hardware as of December 2008 are advised to use medium graphics settings. Higher settings are provided for future generations of PCs with higher specifications than are currently widely available.

This is what they had to say post-release.

ajaybc

Youngling
^^
See this:

At first glance, the game looks brighter, sharper, and more vibrant, with the development team looking to take advantage of the increased flexibility presented by the PC platform. The aim is to ensure that the game not only looks good on top-end hardware--at a maximum resolution of 2560x1600 pixels--but also runs perfectly well on three-year-old machines, according to the Rockstar staffer taking us through the demo. Recommended and minimum specifications for the game are yet to be released. "

Source:*www.gamespot.com/pc/action/grandtheftauto4/news.html?sid=6200321&mode=all

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
It's the lamest excuse for a bad port job, that's what it is. Now they are trying to cover that up with making BS claims like the highest setting is supposed to be unlocked only with "next big generation hardware leap". WTF!

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
So the 499 price point is to justify all this? They released in the usually lucrative US/UK markets, got slammed from gamers, start refunding and then decide to sell it cheap in the Indian subcontinent to salvage whatever they can, or lose it all to pirates.

In short, they knew it was a bad port beforehand.

anispace

dattebayo
I dont get it. seems rockstar doesnt give a **** for PC gamers. Why else would they wait 7 months and then release this crap. And the lame future gen hardware excuse. How did they test it? did they go in the future and play it on a decacore system. And the same game is perfectly playable on a 2.5 year old Xbox 360 system but not on the latest highend gfx cards.

ajaybc

Youngling
I dont get it. seems rockstar doesnt give a **** for PC gamers. Why else would they wait 7 months and then release this crap. And the lame future gen hardware excuse. How did they test it? did they go in the future and play it on a decacore system. And the same game is perfectly playable on a 2.5 year old Xbox 360 system but not on the latest highend gfx cards.

What I dont understand is how IGN,Gamespy,Videogamer and Eurogamer reviewed this game??!Did they goto the future?!!
They are mentioning this perfomance issue as a small problem.
IGN gave it 9.2/10 Gamespy 5/5 Videogamer 10/10 and Eurogamer 9/10

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Actually I just went through the IGN video review & they used a Quad Core processor, an 8800GT coupled with 2 gigs of RAM & said that they still ran into frame rate issues. Despite that the ratings are high because of the overall gameplay, which they seem to be highly impressed about. The video seemed to be very smooth. I reckon they might have toned down a lot of settings.

shantanu

Technomancer
i got a quad.. 8 gigs of RAM and 4850.. i dont think that GTA will give me more than 15 FPS :D the systemrequirments lab crosses everything .. the graph is full :D lol

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
It will, easily. All you need to do is tweak the settings according to your allocated VRAM. This means that by default your Texture quality will be capped at Medium & Render Quality can be set to high. Then tweak the traffic density, view distance, shadow quality bars accordingly. Don't exceed over the limit of your VRAM else it will cost you a crash. My best bet is to lower shadows to a large extent as they would gobble up a lot of memory for rendering & they aren't that great looking either. It should easily gain you 36fps atleast or may be more if lucky.

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
i got a quad.. 8 gigs of RAM and 4850.. i dont think that GTA will give me more than 15 FPS :D the systemrequirments lab crosses everything .. the graph is full :D lol
lool but you still have an ATi card which GTA hates:pThe issues should be resolved if a patch comes through.

Actually I just went through the IGN video review & they used a Quad Core processor, an 8800GT coupled with 2 gigs of RAM & said that they still ran into frame rate issues. Despite that the ratings are high because of the overall gameplay, which they seem to be highly impressed about. The video seemed to be very smooth. I reckon they might have toned down a lot of settings.
The overall ratings are high because of 2 possible reasons.
1.The reviewers only considered gameplay ignoring the junk software and other bugs.
2.A minimum score was settled before the review in return for exclusive hands on previews etc. in R* studios,so they ignored the mess.

Last edited:

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
A guy on GTA forums with an Athlon 64 3500+(my model) was able to run the game perfectly by some tweaking.:shock:
Thanks for those links,I have more hopes:p
But I won't be buying the game unless the crappy R* SC gets fixed :|

Top Bottom