GT 650m FOR THIS CHEAP???

NHS2008

Broken In
EDIT: IT WAS A SHAM!! THANK GOD I ASKED SOME QUESTIONS AND THEY SPILLED THE BEANS!!

Hi,
I have got a quote of 30,500-31k from Lappie World and 99 DEALS.IN From Lamington Rd Mumbai for
Dell Inspiron 5520
Core i7 3rd Gen 3610QM :cool:
8 gb DDR3 RAM :-o
1 TB HDD :)
15.6" 1360*768 :|
Windows 7 Home prem :-?
Nvidia GT 650M 2 gb :shock:

Is it normal or too good to be true??
I had a feeling that it would not have 650m GPU but he insisted it is indeed 650m 2gb.

aLSO SAME SPECS IN asus k53 Something quoted at 29k.

IMG_20121023_211008.jpg

Last edited:

p!e

Broken In
Hi,
I have got a quote of 30,500-31k for
Dell Inspiron 5520
Core i7 3rd Gen 1100QM :cool:
8 gb DDR3 RAM :-o
1 TB HDD :)
15.6" 1360*768 :|
Windows 7 Home prem :-?
Nvidia GT 650M 2 gb :shock:

Is it normal or too good to be true??
I had a feeling that it would not have 650m GPU but he insisted it is indeed 650m 2gb.

aLSO SAME SPECS IN asus k53 Something quoted at 29k.

Never heard of the i7 1100QM.
All 3rd gen Intel Procy's start with 3xxx prefix.
Specify the source from where you got this quote.

OP
NHS2008

NHS2008

Broken In
I will be going there to purchase tomm. with CPU-Z GPU-Z in Pendrive. Hopefully it is actually 650M! :Fingerx:

z3rO

Journeyman
sniff.. sniff.. I smell something fishy.. :p :p
be sure to post back after checking with CPU-Z and GPU-Z..

Last edited:

karkeo

Broken In
OK I also went to lamington road to check it out and went to the exact shop 99deals.in

He quoted me 28750 for dell(i7) and 27000 for dell i5 the same config above mentioned by NHS2008.
curios i went to another 4 distinct shops and asked fr the same and thet quoted different price ramging from 29000 to 38000.

one of them offered me 15r i7,8gb 65om etc for 38k and a gift coupoun worth 10k for online shopping + a printer worth 5300 free.

I saw the 15r model and noticed its actually n5110 but with back lit keyboard etc like 15rse they said the 15rse base is available with them etc.....
ok equally appealing the price may be but its becoming too gud to be true..............

decided to buy from an authorised dealer till i get a good feed back from someone who bought from there.

BTw we also never heard any complaints from people who bought from there yet though!!!!!!

ny way will buy 17rse(i5) in diwali yeah.... :razz:

OP
NHS2008

NHS2008

Broken In
OK I also went to lamington road to check it out and went to the exact shop 99deals.in

He quoted me 28750 for dell(i7) and 27000 for dell i5 the same config above mentioned by NHS2008.
curios i went to another 4 distinct shops and asked fr the same and thet quoted different price ramging from 29000 to 38000.

one of them offered me 15r i7,8gb 65om etc for 38k and a gift coupoun worth 10k for online shopping + a printer worth 5300 free.

I saw the 15r model and noticed its actually n5110 but with back lit keyboard etc like 15rse they said the 15rse base is available with them etc.....
ok equally appealing the price may be but its becoming too gud to be true..............

decided to buy from an authorised dealer till i get a good feed back from someone who bought from there.

BTw we also never heard any complaints from people who bought from there yet though!!!!!!

ny way will buy 17rse(i5) in diwali yeah.... :razz:

Well, They expalined the whole "Zhol" to me taking me out of the shop...They said,
"The config you wanted will not come below 60k, what we offer is a "Compromise", You see we also have to attract customers, competition is very high, profit margins are very low,..You will get i7, it will show i7 in properties but it will have only one thread and not eight."
The processors in these laptops are somehow altered lower spec processors that are i7s in name only. He said, these are Singapore processors or something...
Most people who do not understand the nitty-gritties of these models are probably looted by them. My dad had gotten the quotes in this case..
Graphic card was said to be 650m but in reality it was 7670m..

Last edited:

pratyush997

Inactive
Well, They expalined the whole "Zhol" to me taking me out of the shop...They said,
"The config you wanted will not come below 60k, what we offer is a "Compromise", You see we also have to attract customers, competition is very high, profit margins are very low,..You will get i7, it will show i7 in properties but it will have only one thread and not eight."
The processors in these laptops are somehow altered lower spec processors that are i7s in name only. He said, these are Singapore processors or something...
Most people who do not understand the nitty-gritties of these models are probably looted by them. My dad had gotten the quotes in this case..
Graphic card was said to be 650m but in reality it was 7670m..
MOther of cheat....damn... i7 with 1 thread.. ROFL

Top Bottom