Gt 630m

OP
ShankJ

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
Servicing under warrenty??:?: Do we have them in laptops too, i thought that it was available only in automobiles..:lol:

Give it for servicing under warrenty.

do we have them for laptops too??:?:.. i had thought that it came only with automobiles..:lol:

OP
ShankJ

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
so i got to submit my laptop for a week or two or is it hand to hand??

And is it there any way to remove dust from the fan externally??:blink:

ghost_z

Ghost From Hell !
Most probably your cpu is being throttled due to excessive heat, happened with afreind of mine too, take it to the service centre and ask them to clean it !
Moreover GTA 4 is cpu intensive as is Max Payne 3 so CPU being throttled will directly affect the game performance !

Last edited:
OP
ShankJ

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
Had got the fan re-installed and the cooling gel redone... Does the fan actually get filled with dust just in less than 2 months??

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
core temp 80?? what are you trying to do?? make proccy fries?

For a laptop those temperatures are absolutely normal...
My HP probook i5-2540m+HD 3000 goes to 92 C on playing crysis 2

BTW i think OP need a good ventilation & by that i mean a cooling pad ;-)

OP
ShankJ

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
For a laptop those temperatures are absolutely normal...
My HP probook i5-2540m+HD 3000 goes to 92 C on playing crysis 2

BTW i think OP need a good ventilation & by that i mean a cooling pad ;-)

but then it is having thermal shutdowns as well.. I guess it has got dust in the fan or the sync..

I have a hp pavilion dv4-5009tx i5-2450 laptop with 6 GB ram and 2 GB Gt 630M graphic card.. Recently played GTA IV and realized that the game was giving low fps) even on medium graphic settings.. The fps fluctuate b/w 17-20 and sometimes go to 12-13 as well.. Completely ruins the gaming experience..:-(

(note- i play only on "High Performance" mode with the power supply connected..)

Tell me what to do.. The games already running on medium settings, should go to low settings..?? Have encountered the same problem with games like Max Payne 3 and MW3, fps never go beyond 24 at medium settings..
I think the game is running on intel gpu even after selecting high performance in switchable graphics.This happens in intel+radeon combo hp laptops. I think there is a benchmark option in the menu of gta4. Check that option and see which gpu is detected.

Another reliable method of checking this is to download gpu shark. Run it and keep it maximized. Then run gta4. Don't do anything in between. After the save file is loaded minimize the game and see the max load of dedicated gpu in gpushark window. If it is 0.00% surely ur nvidia 630m is not being used.

OP
ShankJ

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
I think the game is running on intel gpu even after selecting high performance in switchable graphics.This happens in intel+radeon combo hp laptops. I think there is a benchmark option in the menu of gta4. Check that option and see which gpu is detected.

Another reliable method of checking this is to download gpu shark. Run it and keep it maximized. Then run gta4. Don't do anything in between. After the save file is loaded minimize the game and see the max load of dedicated gpu in gpushark window. If it is 0.00% surely ur nvidia 630m is not being used.

On using the GP Shark, the Gpu usage was 99.0% during game play.. I guess there is too much dust in the fan as that seems like the only possible reason now.. I dont know how to clean it, so will have to do with it only..:(

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
for heavens sake bro, muster up some courage and open the back plate. :\

do this: first loosen the dust with a thin water color brush. then use the vacuum cleaner on low power suction mode to suck up the dust. this is how i clean my GPU/CPU heatsink/fan/

you will get plenty tutorial to do this.

OP
ShankJ

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
for heavens sake bro, muster up some courage and open the back plate. :\

do this: first loosen the dust with a thin water color brush. then use the vacuum cleaner on low power suction mode to suck up the dust. this is how i clean my GPU/CPU heatsink/fan/

you will get plenty tutorial to do this.

since the laptop is still in warranty so i dont want to do anything that would make the warranty void..:nosy:

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
if it aint cover with a warranty sticker, then open it wont. void warranty. it similar to the situation when a customer would want to change his HDD.

OP
ShankJ

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
if it aint cover with a warranty sticker, then open it wont. void warranty. it similar to the situation when a customer would want to change his HDD.

thanks i'l try if i'm able to muster up the courage to do it and will post after that..:D

Top Bottom