Gskill Ripjaws X or Sniper ??

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Hi,

in a 'RAM-fix'...had planned to buy an 8GB Gskill Sniper (2 x 4GB...PC312800) CL9 DDR3 1600MHz RAM for my yet-to-be-bought Asus P8Z68 V-Pro Mobo for 3450/- from theitwares, but just today saw this at prime's website :

Prime ABGB Today's Cool Deal !

could someone pls advise on which one to go for ? really confused...i read there might be some problems fitting the ripjaws X with hyper 212+ (which i intend to buy)....is it true ? i would also like to OC the CPU sometime....

pls advise...

Cilus

laborare est orare
Go with the cheaper one. Ripjaw X is having better overclocking potential and the ability to run at lower cache latency that the standard one whereas Sniper is having little potential in this business. But in default setting, i.e. 1600 MHz CL9, both perform almost same.

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
yep...i too just read on some forums that IT IS POSSIBLE to fit a hyper 212+ and ripjaws X with just a bit of maneuver...also the ripjaws X operates at 1.5/1.6 V, whereas the sniper operates at 1.25 V, hence i guess ripjaws X would be better for OCing and to run at lower latency. the issue was of 'fit', and i guess its sorted out now...so i think i would go with prime's offer on ripjaws X (the cheaper one too !) :)

thanks

P.S. - got some help from these :

P8P67 & Cooler master hyper 212+ owners I have a question - [H]ard|Forum

[H]ard|Forum - View Single Post - Need suggestions on new mid/high end build

ASUS P8P67-M PRO, Ripjaws X and CM Hyper 212+ - [H]ard|Forum

Top Bottom