Status
Not open for further replies.

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
I mounted the suse partition there is no grub conf file .I think it has a different name or something.

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
there is no menu.1st in mandrake but it is there in suse and it has a locked symbol and i am unable to view its contents. By the way I think mandrake is using lilo not grub.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
This is very strange i mean we have tried all the tricks in the book and we are not making any progress. I have four OS of which three are linux and its very easy to set up as i said above. Ok let me recap linux has a dir called /boot where it stores the kernel .img and the grub files this dir can be on the same partition or a seperate partition. In your case it seems its on the same partition ok, now we have checked both the distro and are unable to find the grub dir or the grub.conf file. This is very stange and i am not sure what we are missing can you shed some more light on what i have just said.

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Actually I read an article in lfy magazine where the writer boots win98 , ubuntu and fedora.Since I already had winxp amd suse I wanted to try the same So I installed mandrake to see who it works with this.Actually as I said before mandrake uses lilo not grub I guess so how about i try installing mandrake first and then suse and may be then I can log in as root and edit the menu.1st file. Give me your comments.This I will do only in the middle of may and my exams are on monday so this my last post till may 13th where I again post here and we will again try.Sorry of the trouble.You have been very helpful. Hope you are free during the mid of may when I will try this.Anyway tell me if I can try that way( installing mandrake first and then suse )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom