Grid: Autosport

quicky008

Technomancer
Whats the use of the hi res texture pack that's available as a downloadable dlc for this game?Are the textures in the original game of considerably low resolution?Does the game look terrible if this texture pack isn't installed?

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
i think hi-res pack must be for people who play at Full HD settings.

It makes sense, as my laptop is 720p, so useless for me to d/l extra data, but my desktop can handle FHD, so i can d/l it.

This is was the case with Sleeping Dogs too.

SunE

Professional Newbie
The high res texture pack is more for 4K rather than 1080p. It doesn't really make much of a difference in 720p or 1080p.

The driving mechanics are a bit hard. I am using a Logitech F710 controller. There is no way to change sensitivity for steering. I find it to be very low. Sometimes when I'm doing tight corners while braking, the doesn't really steer much so I end up either hitting the wall or coming to a complete stop.

Anyone else facing this issue or is it just me? Also is there any solution?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Controlling the car is very very very hard. There's a penalty for going off-road(I like to make my car a SUV :-x )

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^^ Apparently it has got everything you'd want. I saw a few reviews and it all looks good. I'll play thing game soon and will post a few screenshots here with the cockpit view.

ratul

█████████████████
Controlling the car is very very very hard. There's a penalty for going off-road(I like to make my car a SUV :-x )

I am finding the car control pretty easy around the corners, but hard to control on high speed curves, it just spins the rear end off.. :-?
btw, the game is good, better than GRID2, but easier than GRID2 too, playing on medium, on some races, have to raise it to high to make it somewhat competitive, especially open wheel racing, so easy.. :twisted: (maybe coz i play f1 2013 alot.. :p).

My gameplay.. :p

I am finding the car control pretty easy around the corners, but hard to control on high speed curves, it just spins the rear end off.. :-?
btw, the game is good, better than GRID2, but easier than GRID2 too, playing on medium, on some races, have to raise it to high to make it somewhat competitive, especially open wheel racing, so easy.. :twisted: (maybe coz i play f1 2013 alot.. :p).

My gameplay.. :p

How is the driving compared to F1 2013 (I know there is no comparison between F1 and other games, but still)? Does the car randomly start tail-sliding or do they stick there the tires wore off (if they do :lol:). In short, which is closer to Grid Autosport: Shift 2 or other NFS games?

Pasapa

Live to die another day
How is the driving compared to F1 2013 (I know there is no comparison between F1 and other games, but still)? Does the car randomly start tail-sliding or do they stick there the tires wore off (if they do :lol:).

Driving in f1 2013 is far superior. And yes the car did stick for me once.

ratul

█████████████████
How is the driving compared to F1 2013 (I know there is no comparison between F1 and other games, but still)? Does the car randomly start tail-sliding or do they stick there the tires wore off (if they do :lol:). In short, which is closer to Grid Autosport: Shift 2 or other NFS games?

lol, F1 2013 is a close-to-simulation game, GRID Autosport is arcade with simulation touches... :p
Yeah, most of the cars does start tail sliding, tire wearing off just makes it worse, haven't played shift 2, but if you have played GRID 1, it's close to that, drift style handling of GRID 2 still works here, though it's not efficient way for this game.. :cool:

Driving in f1 2013 is far superior. And yes the car did stick for me once.

lol, F1 2013 is a close-to-simulation game, GRID Autosport is arcade with simulation touches... :p
Yeah, most of the cars does start tail sliding, tire wearing off just makes it worse, haven't played shift 2, but if you have played GRID 1, it's close to that, drift style handling of GRID 2 still works here, though it's not efficient way for this game.. :cool:

I think I'll skip this game. After playing Shift 2 I juct cant bear arcade racing games anymore. I did try Grid 2 and deleted just after playing first race. F1 2013 has increased this behavior exponentially. Desperately waiting for f1 2014!!

ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR
PC version out on flipkart: Grid: Autosport Games PC - Price In India. Buy Grid: Autosport Games PC Online at Flipkart.com

gameranand

Living to Play
Just installed it and then guess what, it started updating for 4.3 GB more. Then I looked into it and its the High-Res Pack DLC. :facepalm:

Top Bottom