Graphics Cards related queries here.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

well.if anyone stes a 10k budget for mobo and a 12k budget for gfx and has OCin mnd..then 780i and 2x9600GT kicks in

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

well tht is a very minor issue.... but u just have to send it to mumbai ... and they take care of everything.... and afaik i hvnt had a single gfx card go bad till now ..

its means u needed only ship to Bombay and its KMD duty to send abroad and ship again 2 u

imgame2

Padawan

oh my god not again all things r right which u written but give me the 1 factor which show the temp will be down after flash new BIOS.only when the new stepping comes then the temp goes down nd increase the performance.And that source u provided there nothing which related to the temp.

do u understand something about effect of fan and its speed on cooling ? and fan curve profile ..thats there in a BIOS ?

Ex-If u buy a new car and some one told u upgrade ur tyres then u will get better mileage no its totally wrong.After upgrading the tyres the grip will be improve and handling

wrong example BIOS is something that starts and initializes the card,its not something on which card runs on ..something like battery ..and starting mechanism to engine..not tires

and if u had read carefully i m not talking about temperatures here ...it answers other issues as well..people do get various errors while playing games..like VPU errors and restarting.

anyways i gave an advice in good faith ..its upto a person to use it.

thats about it from me on this topic :)

nns

Broken In

Correct me if wrong but due to downscaling...yes it'll work with lesser performance(koi pharak nahi padta)

Well...go for 4850 not 9800GT(unless u're an nvidia fanboy:-D)

Thanks, but what do you mean by downscaling here? (I am a n00b as far graphics are concerned...)

I did think that it wouldn't perform best at the config... I am thinking of upgrading da pc after a couple of months (waiting for nehalem)

neways.. i heard dat 9800gt would be 2k's cheaper than 4850... Is it right??

Also are Xpertvision and Palit the same?? (look at the contact information on xpertvision worldwide) Do either provide service in India??

How is Gecube for HD 4850??

Anyone from Pune here?? Any particularly good shop for graphics cards in Pune?

PS:Sorry for too many questions..

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

Thanks, but what do you mean by downscaling here? (I am a n00b as far graphics are concerned...)

I did think that it wouldn't perform best at the config... I am thinking of upgrading da pc after a couple of months (waiting for nehalem)

Downscaling means to perform lower than the full capacity. As you dont have a PCIex16 Gen2.0 slot....it will perform at a lower rate than it should but it will work and the difference will be hardlly 8-11%.

9800GT is around 1.9-2.1k cheaper but that extra 2k spent on a HD4850 is well worth it.

nns

Broken In

Thanks.. I've chaged my post a little.. Pls reply to the other questions too if u can..

I want to buy a new graphics card and a TV Tuner Card too. My overall budget for both is Rs.5500/- Please suggest me the best ones in my budget. Is there any good Graphics Card+TV Tuner Card in my budget? If there is one then please suggest me one. Which is better - XFX 8600GT or Zotac 9500GT

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

Also are Xpertvision and Palit the same?? (look at the contact information on xpertvision worldwide) Do either provide service in India??

Xpert Vision and Palit are same. AFAIK both provide service here........ Palit has more support though :).

GeCube is good but Palit is better with new BIOS and cooler.

I aint from Pune.

Ask more..... it benifits us at the end :razz:.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Seeing the above mentioned threads about BIOS...

It holds initial values which a component needs to run. It in a way tells a functional component, in which manner to start...execute..and continue running..and shut down. Just a basic storage area. Similar to an INI file for software...!

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

No probs...

Gecube is the Sapphire brand but is about 1k costlier than Palit...

GO for full sys upgrade.

and one thing..u want performance..luk no further than 4850

ironfreak

Journeyman

(dropeed previous idea quadro) :(

Suggest good option for 9800 gtx+ ssc 512 mb. From Ati may be. Shall work better or equal. Budget 15k, can extend upto max 17k if cards worth.

Waiting for reply.
Thanks...:)

tkin

Back to school!!

(dropeed previous idea quadro) :(

Suggest good option for 9800 gtx+ ssc 512 mb. From Ati may be. Shall work better or equal. Budget 15k, can extend upto max 17k if cards worth.

Waiting for reply.
Thanks...:)
For 17k get the Palit HD4870, the fastest single card solution out there, will make you futureproof for least 3 yrs.

gladijames

Right off the assembly line

Buddies ,

I hav a Intel Original 946GZ Express Chipset, 512 Mb DDR2 Ram, Intel Core 2 Duo @1.86

Ghz with Windows Xp sp3.

I wanna buy a Good Graphics Card For Gaming And For Vista !! And my Budget stands

between 6k -8k !! I need a compatible Graphic Card !!

Plz Guide me to buy a gud one?!!

How abt GeForce 8600 GTS?? plz help me Indian rates ?

Last edited:

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz

The 8600GTS is outdated now. Within your budget, you can buy a MSI 9600GT. But it's highly recommended to spend 1.5K extra to buy a PALIT HD4850.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

Buddies ,

I hav a Intel Original 946GZ Express Chipset, 512 Mb DDR2 Ram, Intel Core 2 Duo @1.86

Ghz with Windows Xp sp3.

I wanna buy a Good Graphics Card For Gaming And For Vista !! And my Budget stands

between 6k -8k !! I need a compatible Graphic Card !!

Plz Guide me to buy a gud one?!!

How abt GeForce 8600 GTS?? plz help me Indian rates ?

A new card called HD4670 from ATi will be hitting the Indian shores soon. I highly recommand to wait for it. If you juct cant wait then, I suggest a Palit 9800GT 512MB GDDR3 for 7600/-.

frederick_benny_digit

]-[ E l l F R 4 G G 3 R

whoa...9800gt proces have droppe so much?? this is a real gud time for gamers :D

i think ill upgrade from my 7600gt :(

BTW, HD4850 or 9800GT ??? which 1 to go for???
also, which is the loathed brand, XFX or MSI ??? XFX rite?? (some heating issues or somethin??)

Last edited:
Top Bottom