Graphics Cards related queries here.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

whoa...9800gt proces have droppe so much?? this is a real gud time for gamers :D

i think ill upgrade from my 7600gt :(

BTW, HD4850 or 9800GT ??? which 1 to go for???
also, which is the loathed brand, XFX or MSI ??? XFX rite?? (some heating issues or somethin??)

2 options:
1. 4850 @ 9.4k

If u hav Sli mobo with 12k budget for gfx card:
2. 2x9600GT @ 11.8k

9800GT is okay,, but 4850 pwns it

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz

whoa...9800gt proces have droppe so much?? this is a real gud time for gamers :D

i think ill upgrade from my 7600gt :(

BTW, HD4850 or 9800GT ??? which 1 to go for???
also, which is the loathed brand, XFX or MSI ??? XFX rite?? (some heating issues or somethin??)

Either go for the PALIT HD4850 or 2x XFX 9600GT Alpha Dog Edition (fancy name ain't it? :-D) if your mobo supports SLI.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

If u have SLi mobo then blow all the competition away with 2x9600GT but if u dont have a SLi mobo and cant buy one, then I suggest a Palit HD4850 SONIC 512MB GDDR3.

[offtopic] Digit gave the Best Performance in mid range, Editors Choice and the Best Buy award to a Zotac 9800GTX AMP! card......... dunno why. It wasnt even the 9800GTX+, only the plain jane 9800GTX. [\offtopic].

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

Hey which card run coolest...

i)Palit HD 4850
ii)Sapphire HD4850
iii)XpertVision HD4850
iv)GeCube HD4850
v)Any other brand of 4850 u know :wink:

@Kpowermania: when i was 13...i was a duffer & dull :cool:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

Palit HD4850 SONIC runs the coolest 8).

@KaranTh85 .......I am 13 and I am not duffer and dull :D.

imgame2

Padawan

ok i don't understand why u people are going gaga over 2x9600gt ?

i guess it all had to do with new article at tomshardware

if u guys haven't seen the article more closely please look again

the card mentioned there are

1)asus 9600GT silent - difficult to find in india and one available at lynx costs 12k
2)palit 9600gt sonic -availbale at itwares for 8.5k
3)MSI 9600 gt - available at itwares for 8.6k
4)spakle 9600gt calibre -since its actively cooled model should be available at the same price as plait or sonic if at all available

even the EVGA 9600 gt KO model is 8k @ itwares

all of the above are pre-overclocked(except ASUS) and in most certainity are 512 MB model and all the models used for SLI were 1GB model ..so u can guess in india if they are available they will cost 1~2k more(even if 1GB memory doesn't make much difference on single card ..but few games love more memory )

u can do the maths how much two 9600gt used there will cost atleast of 16k in any case ...even if u use cheapest available from palit for 6.5k @ it wares u will get it for 13k ...and thats the max performance these cards can give in present day games... coming up will be harsh on these cards ...

my suggestion would be to buy a xfire mobo and buy a Hd4850 for 9.5~9.7k and add another one in six months or so when prices come down ..then spending on 2x9600gt its again not value for money ..if u compare the fps difference u will get it won't be worth spending 3k or 4k more in any case ...

even though crossfire on that particular article looks bad cos tomshardware is using old ati drivers (they always do i don't know why ..) but things are getting better for HD4850 crossfire with every new driver release ...(just google it)

having said all that
to give u a general picture of everything from the same article

*www.tomshardware.com/reviews/GeForce-9600-overclock,2028-21.html

the average fps 2x9600gt(pre-OCed)(1GB) SLI in all the games is 3318.1 FPS

and plain HD4850 gives in all games 2965.6 FPS

calculating percentage increase in performance (3318.1-2965.6)*100/2965.6 = 11.9 % or lets say 12 % for 4k more ..is it worth ??
the minimum pre-Oced 9600 GT available from xpertvision @7.1k still making it a 14.2k affair ..

and no way u can get that performance with plain 9600 gt (xpertvisition 9600gt @ 5.8k @ lynx will make it 11.6k )and they will perform the same as HD4850 ..cos they are not pre-oced and not actively cooled and will cost still 2k more than HD4850 ...and i don't have to mention if u OC two SLI cards ...u will need considerable cooling investment ..cos they are cards up close together

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

1)asus 9600GT silent - difficult to find in india and one available at lynx costs 12k
4)spakle 9600gt calibre -since its actively cooled model should be available at the same price as plait or sonic if at all available

all of the above are pre-overclocked(except ASUS) and in most certainity are 512 MB model and all the models used for SLI were 1GB model ..so u can guess in india if they are available they will cost 1~2k more(even if 1GB memory doesn't make much difference on single card ..but few games love more memory )

u can do the maths how much two 9600gt used there will cost atleast of 16k in any case ...even if u use cheapest available from palit for 6.5k @ it wares u will get it for 13k ...and thats the max performance these cards can give in present day games... coming up will be harsh on these cards ...

my suggestion would be to buy a xfire mobo and buy a Hd4850 for 9.5~9.7k and add another one in six months or so when prices come down ..then spending on 2x9600gt its again not value for money ..if u compare the fps difference u will get it won't be worth spending 3k or 4k more in any case ...

even though crossfire on that particular article looks bad cos tomshardware is using old ati drivers (they always do i don't know why ..) but things are getting better for HD4850 with every new driver release ...(just google it)

having said all that

calculating percentage increase in performance (3318.1-2965.6)*100/2965.6 = 11.9 % or lets say 12 % for 4k more ..is it worth ??
the minimum pre-Oced 9600 GT available from xpertvision @7.1k still making it a 14.2k affair ..

and no way u can get that performance with plain 9600 gt (xpertvisition 9600gt @ 5.8k @ lynx will make it 11.6k )and they will perform the same as HD4850 ..cos they are not pre-oced and not actively cooled and will cost still 2k more than HD4850 ...and i don't have to mention if u OC two SLI cards ...u will need considerable cooling investment ..cos they are cards are close together
Nicely said...

imgame2

Padawan

Hey which card run coolest...

i)Palit HD 4850
ii)Sapphire HD4850
iii)XpertVision HD4850
iv)GeCube HD4850
v)Any other brand of 4850 u know :wink:

AFAFIK.... Palit and Xpertvision HD4850 are the coolest ..since both are same company ..just different brand name due to dual slot cooler and newest BIOS.

also i as far as i know palit HD4850 sonic is not yet available in india ..correct me if i m wrong.

my card idles @49 deg which is pretty cool ..

here to show u the temp ..check the pics ..i m sorry about using two different GPU-Z versions but one version gives the basic info wrong and other one doesn't let capture pics

*thinkdigit.com/forum/%5BURL=*img60.imageshack.us/my.php?image=palithd4850infouy8.gif%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://img60.imageshack.us/img60/2940/palithd4850infouy8.th.gif%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D%5BURL=*g.imageshack.us/thpix.php%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://img60.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D*img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=palithd4850tempjn6.gif*img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=palithd4850tempjn6.gif

*img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=palithd4850tempjn6.gif

this is the card

*techshop.in/store/product_info.php?cPath=4_272&products_id=2437

*thinkdigit.com/forum/%5BURL=*img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=palithd4850tempjn6.gif%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://img134.imageshack.us/img134/5775/palithd4850tempjn6.th.gif%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D%5BURL=*g.imageshack.us/thpix.php%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://img134.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D

Last edited:

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot

Palit has 3 models for HD4850:
1. Bare bones HD4850 for 9300 bucks having Copper Heat Sink and a Fan mounted on it.
2. Simple Single slot Cooler model retailing for nearly 10K.
3. Sonic Edition having Dual Heat pipe design and a fan on top of that making it the coolest HD4850 u can get right out of the box. catch is, it costs 11-12K !

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

its both cheaper and better than sapphire ...it comes with latest BIOS which is why its makes no noise,runs cool and gives no problem what so ever ...

while there are cards in market with older BIOS from sapphire and MSI ..and people buying MSI and sapphire are facing heating problems ...

if u get MSI and sapphire with latest manufacturing date ..it might be coming with a newer and better BIOS and might not give u problem..

i along with about 10 forum member have bought palit 4850 and face no problems ..but people buying MSI and sapphire are facing problems ..(i don't know if newer batch of card from sapphire has come )

only catch here is palit comes with very basic things nothing flashy,a DVI-VGA convertors,manual,power cords and driver cds ..while sapphire might come with crossfire connectors and stuff like that ..which in my opinion are not worth :)..when u see palit runs cool and without noise ..

first u giving advised do not buy sapphire card bcoz there is heating issue due to BIOS.Then u write new sapphire come with latest and newer BIOS might not give u problem.So its means the older BIOS is the main problem of heating.Its ur words ok

do u understand something about effect of fan and its speed on cooling ? and fan curve profile ..thats there in a BIOS ?

wrong example BIOS is something that starts and initializes the card,its not something on which card runs on ..something like battery ..and starting mechanism to engine..not tires

and if u had read carefully i m not talking about temperatures here ...it answers other issues as well..people do get various errors while playing games..like VPU errors and restarting.

anyways i gave an advice in good faith ..its upto a person to use it.

thats about it from me on this topic :)

then u said "if u had read carefully i m not talking about temperatures here ".So which topic we r discussing its not heating issue ?

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

even though crossfire on that particular article looks bad cos tomshardware is using old ati drivers (they always do i don't know why ..) but things are getting better for HD4850 crossfire with every new driver release ...(just google it)

having said all that

and no way u can get that performance with plain 9600 gt (xpertvisition 9600gt @ 5.8k @ lynx will make it 11.6k )and they will perform the same as HD4850 ..cos they are not pre-oced and not actively cooled and will cost still 2k more than HD4850 ...and i don't have to mention if u OC two SLI cards ...u will need considerable cooling investment ..cos they are cards up close together

i stand corrected..

2x9600GT , as u said is better compared to hd4850 for people with SLI mobo's. .for those with X-fire , 4850 is the way to go. but i find little point in asking guys with SLI mobo's to get 4850. . but if the 9600GT is costing 8k , its not worth it.. i thot it costed 6k now.. .

imgame2

Padawan

Palit has 3 models for HD4850:
1. Bare bones HD4850 for 9300 bucks having Copper Heat Sink and a Fan mounted on it.
2. Simple Single slot Cooler model retailing for nearly 10K.
3. Sonic Edition having Dual Heat pipe design and a fan on top of that making it the coolest HD4850 u can get right out of the box. catch is, it costs 11-12K !

As far as i know there is only one model available in market from 9.4 to 9.7k now and thats the second one ...the first one was the early model which is not coming anymore ...

and 3rd one is still not available in India as far as i know ..is it availbale in delhi ?....only palit 4870 sonic is what i heard is available ...

Last edited:

sahilshah1987

Broken In

Finally got Palit 9600 Gt today installed it working grt:p Now is der any optimizations tht need to be done? any ideas? How do u guys calculate gpu temp on load ie when playing game? do tell me the softwares needed.
TIA

imgame2

Padawan

i stand corrected..

2x9600GT , as u said is better compared to hd4850 for people with SLI mobo's. .for those with X-fire , 4850 is the way to go. but i find little point in asking guys with SLI mobo's to get 4850. . but if the 9600GT is costing 8k , its not worth it.. i thot it costed 6k now.. .

my view was not against or pointed towards u ...i m sorry if my words felt like that ..

yes u are right ..about SLI mobo ..and the cheapest i could find was xpertvision @ 5.8k @ lynx (without shipping charges) and thats plain 9600gt ...do u think plain 9600gt SLI @ 11.6k will perform better than HD4850 (@ 9.4~9.7k )and will be value for money at the same time ?? whats ur view on this ?

i m saying the pre-oced version all cost about 8k cheapest being xpervision for about 7.1k..so are they worth going for in india ?

please correct me if i m wrong.

Finally got Palit 9600 Gt today installed it working grt:p Now is der any optimizations tht need to be done? any ideas? How do u guys calculate gpu temp on load ie when playing game? do tell me the softwares needed.
TIA

for gpu temp get GPU-Z and for in-game FPS measuring get FRAPS

Last edited:

blacrobous

Broken In

damm this HD 4850 gets too hot even at idle states i dont know how to cool it down it goes at a temp of 82C nuts!:mad:

imgame2

Padawan

damm this HD 4850 gets too hot even at idle states i dont know how to cool it down it goes at a temp of 82C nuts!:mad:

which brand ? ? when u bought it ?

try increasing the fan speed with fan tweak ...soon catalyst 8.10 will be out and will give u the option to increase the fan speed from CCC till then use the fan tweak ..it will help u

blacrobous

Broken In

yesterday i got all the components u guys suggested its palit hd4850 goin at 82C:sad:

can u tell me where i can find tht tweak?

Top Bottom