Graphics Cards related queries here.

pawsingh

>>----------->
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

where are u located ..but why buy sappire HD4850 ? why not palit HD4850 ...?[/quote]

Even I am planning to buy HD4850. You mean to say that palit HD4850 is better than saphire or cheaper than saphire?

imgame2

Padawan

I came across an ASUS HD4870 512 MB for around Rs 10,800 @ *www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121276

first of all its available on newegg which only ships in US and canada and not outside...
and in india when a product comes it has many taxes and duties...and it gets costly ..

and what exchange rates u are using ..?? with current rates it comes to 12.85k(~13k)

and we are getting it for about 17k ...i think thats fair enough...

*www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&q=269.9+US+dollar+in+INR&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

nns

Broken In

I have an Intel D945GNTl mobo.. it has a PCIex16 slot..
Can I use a 9800gt or hd4850 on this mobo??

imgame2

Padawan

where are u located ..but why buy sappire HD4850 ? why not palit HD4850 ...?

Even I am planning to buy HD4850. You mean to say that palit HD4850 is better than saphire or cheaper than saphire?

its both cheaper and better than sapphire ...it comes with latest BIOS which is why its makes no noise,runs cool and gives no problem what so ever ...

while there are cards in market with older BIOS from sapphire and MSI ..and people buying MSI and sapphire are facing heating problems ...

if u get MSI and sapphire with latest manufacturing date ..it might be coming with a newer and better BIOS and might not give u problem..

i along with about 10 forum member have bought palit 4850 and face no problems ..but people buying MSI and sapphire are facing problems ..(i don't know if newer batch of card from sapphire has come )

only catch here is palit comes with very basic things nothing flashy,a DVI-VGA convertors,manual,power cords and driver cds ..while sapphire might come with crossfire connectors and stuff like that ..which in my opinion are not worth :)..when u see palit runs cool and without noise ..

yes u can...

Last edited:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

Correct me if wrong but due to downscaling...yes it'll work with lesser performance(koi pharak nahi padta)

Well...go for 4850 not 9800GT(unless u're an nvidia fanboy:-D)

yashkapoor

Right off the assembly line

obviously u need to turn off the onboard gfx option from ur BIOS ...it will be recognized and before installing gfx driver for the same ..u should uninstall the extreme gfx driver

How do i disable the on board GFX??? :confused:

What I have done:
After I entered the BIOS, I entered the Features setup, and there in the option "Primary Graphics Adapter", I see three options
PCI
AGP
Auto

I have set it to AGP.

amitjha

Broken In
ATI 4850 or NVIDIA 9600 GT

hey all,
well I have to buy a gfx card and have heard a lot about 4850 on the forum whereas when I asked the folks at nehru place(am from delhi) they suggested 9600GT.
Now I want to know which card performs better or is better as they are almost of same price and also which brand should I buy.
Also if you can then please let me know the exact prices of the specific brands you suggest as I couldn't find 4850 at nehru place(though i looked at only 1 shop but it's the coolest one out there, name : "cost to cost").
One tiny question will these gfx cards work well with my 19" wide screen display and M31 mobo from gigabyte am planning to buy....

Thanks a lot in advance.
also wish you all a very happy and auspicious navratra,dushhera and durga puja, may the goddess bless you all...

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

@pawsingh The only thing bios can do this is increase the speed of the fan in IInd and IIIrd mode the bios can also change the voltage of the chip to lower the temp but this is very improbable as it will make the chip unstable bcoz of not enough voltage .The bios can do is "report" a lower temp for the gpu which might make one think that the card is running cooler.Sapphire is better bcoz of better PCB quality better components used on pCB(capacitor,resistor,vrm etc) and most of the time better cooler.Also bcoz of better components/PCB their cards(GPU,Memory) usually overclock better than say palit .Palit is good no doubt but sapphireis better understood.

hey all,
well I have to buy a gfx card and have heard a lot about 4850 on the forum whereas when I asked the folks at nehru place(am from delhi) they suggested 9600GT.
Now I want to know which card performs better or is better as they are almost of same price and also which brand should I buy.
Also if you can then please let me know the exact prices of the specific brands you suggest as I couldn't find 4850 at nehru place(though i looked at only 1 shop but it's the coolest one out there, name : "cost to cost").
One tiny question will these gfx cards work well with my 19" wide screen display and M31 mobo from gigabyte am planning to buy....

Thanks a lot in advance.
also wish you all a very happy and auspicious navratra,dushhera and durga puja, may the goddess bless you all...

buy 4850 its a value for money and 60% powerful than 9600GT.plz don't compare with 9600gt man there is no comparison between them

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Re: ATI 4850 or NVIDIA 9600 GT

hey all,

Thanks a lot in advance.

buy the HD4850 without a second though. It beats 9600GT to death.....heck! It even beats 2x9600GT somtimes :D. Go for the Palit HD4850 for around 9800/-. I cant help you with the shop name and all as I dont live in Delhi.

comp@ddict

Not that much..but depends on config...on some 4850 is an overkill..and unless u r gaming at 1680x1050 and above..no use of 4850 as 9600GT can handle all games upto there...and OCing of 9600GT is more than any else(except 9800GT a.k.a. 8800GT) i.e. 9600GT is a monster OCer + a cooler card

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

palit 4850-Rs9500(a friend of mine purchase last month from Mumbai )

sapphire 4850-Rs10200-10300(i saw this price in forum some one quote )

imgame2

Padawan

The only thing bios can do this is increase the speed of the fan in IInd and IIIrd mode the bios can also change the voltage of the chip to lower the temp but this is very improbable as it will make the chip unstable bcoz of not enough voltage .The bios can do is "report" a lower temp for the gpu which might make one think that the card is running cooler.Sapphire is better bcoz of better PCB quality better components used on pCB(capacitor,resistor,vrm etc) and most of the time better cooler.Also bcoz of better components/PCB their cards(GPU,Memory) usually overclock better than say palit .Palit is good no doubt but sapphireis better understood.

what was my understanding of video BIOS was this

On startup, the BIOS initializes the video card:

1. Initialize the GPU
  2. Detect number of memory chips, chip size, access mode
  3. Enable memory access and set proper timings
  4. Detect if external devices (analog VGA, DVI, TV-out) are connected and enable them
  5. Set core and memory clock
  6. Enable power management
  7. Set fan speed (if supported by the board)
source
what u said are just part of these,and usually newer BIOS comes with fan profile curve for default fans

and if u mean to say palit card report low temperature cos of BIOS ..then u might have better ways to measuring temp which people all over the world are unaware of and assuming plait cards report wrong temperatures.

so far i m aware of older sapphire cards being sold in market which face heating problems ..hence i just to give u heads up ..but if u want to go sapphire its ur choice.

and sir for ur kind information palit also doesn't use low quality components either ..but i guess u always go with brand names so its upto u!

ur money ur choice -the golden rule!

Last edited:

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

oh my god not again all things r right which u written but give me the 1 factor which show the temp will be down after flash new BIOS.only when the new stepping comes then the temp goes down nd increase the performance.And that source u provided there nothing which related to the temp.

Ex-If u buy a new car and some one told u upgrade ur tyres then u will get better mileage no its totally wrong.After upgrading the tyres the grip will be improve and handling

vish45a

Right off the assembly line

I'm sick of seeing so many graphics cards related threads. Now I have made a new thread. Now post all your GFX card related questions and queries in here. Whether it is price, whether it is which card to buy and whether it is nVidia or ATi, anything which includes graphics cards. And mods please make this thread this sticky. So that it stays on the top for everyone to see. This will make it easier to find the thread for graphics cards and also it will make it more neat.
hey im goin for a palit 9600GT 1GB ddr3 sonic graphic card
i want to know abt the after sales service of palit?
ny body knows abt where their customer service centres are located in India?????

hyde

Broken In
Need Help for Nvidia 8600GT

Guys can you provide me with the address and the phone number for the Nvidia Service Center. As my 8600GT card's 3 capacitor blew yerterday night. Please help!!!:(

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?

i got my HD4870 from SMC after contacts for 15.7k ...and when i was importing it.... it was cuming out to be around 15k + shipping to delhi ....

there is a guy called katmandude or KMD on another forum who can import stuff from abroad.... and it still cums out to be cheaper than for wh its available here in india....

comp@ddict

Re: ATI 4850 or NVIDIA 9600 GT

buy the HD4850 without a second though. It beats 9600GT to death.....heck! It even beats 2x9600GT somtimes :D. Go for the Palit HD4850 for around 9800/-. I cant help you with the shop name and all as I dont live in Delhi.

no, 2x9600GT beats 4870, GTX 260 and SOMETIMES GTX 280.....

It matches itz ground with 2x4850 CFx and loses out to 2x4870(wat am i saying ofcourse it will lose out to 2x4870)

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

@Ambarcongrats man for red beast i am in Q .Its cheaper but the main thing is warranty issue wat is the way to send service centre u ship to direct to abroad or KMD and u again pay ship charges for ur card

Last edited:

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?

@Ambarcongrats man for red beast i am in Q .Its cheaper but the main thing is warranty issue wat is the way to send service centre u ship to direct to abroad or KMD and u again pay ship charges for ur card

well tht is a very minor issue.... but u just have to send it to mumbai ... and they take care of everything.... and afaik i hvnt had a single gfx card go bad till now ..

Top Bottom