Graphics Cards related queries here.

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

KPower Mania,
Riva TNT 16MB gfx?

It's upgrade was my first card! RIVA TNT2 M64 32MB or something it played NFS3 so smoothly ;-)

chetanappu007

Right off the assembly line

I have a branded HP system.It has a 400watt power supply.I am planning to buy a new ATI 4850 graphic card.IS the power supply i have enough for it or should i buy a new power supply?
please someone reply.

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!

^^
Yes its fine.It would be a Bestec one.
But to be on the safer side ... Get a 500W or above one.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

^^
Yes its fine.It would be a Bestec one.
But to be on the safer side ... Get a 500W or above one.

zOMG :shock: 400W for a HD4850:confused: ??

Get a 500W above one. If your CPU has a C2D E6xx or higher than you will have to get a new PSU considering that HD4850 nearly consumes 300W at peak. :|

Look at the CoolerMaster CM500W (CM-500-PCAR)

@chetanappu:I believe that your PSU won't just have enough connector to connect your HD 4850 which it surely won't be able to supply all the juice anyway.
A PSU of 450W is minimum recommendation by ATi\AMD anyway.Try to get one of high quality although it may cost a bit more you surely wouldn't want to take risk with all your h\w and precious data.
Some links on power consumption of HD 4850
*arstechnica.com/reviews/hardware/ati-4800-series-review.ars/7
*www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-4850-and-4870-review-force3d/4

@KPower Mania::Man you have got one mindblowing,hellfreezing,jawdropping game chewing monster of a computer :D.
If you have the time please post CRYSIS gameplay pics at 1080p.

Shloeb

In the zone

Kpower Mania when did u get that beast??? Can i have some pics for evidence?? U r just in 8th class. I don't think ur parents would buy u that pc. Hehe. :D Give me the proof!!!! :evil:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

Kpower Mania when did u get that beast??? Can i have some pics for evidence?? U r just in 8th class. I don't think ur parents would buy u that pc. Hehe. :D Give me the proof!!!! :evil:

:lol: guys ,cant you understand jokes ? Read the whole sig. Read the last part :d I am just joking around.

I had asked for EVGA 8800GT KnockOut at itwares but they said its out of stock.
I asked when it will come - they said it may not come now.. it depends on dist.rs
so they suggestde me MSI 880GT OC version.

Both are 512 mb ddr3 . so does that MSI good one? and BTW which one better in KO and SC? knockOut is more overclocked than Superclocked ?
EVGA 8800GT SC is there but its high priced...

Man I knew I should have checked that dangerous dave game and seen your sig for what it was,you got me nice and clear:D.
Note to self: don't take everything that is written for truth:D.
Any way it would be nice to have rig like that.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

I had asked for EVGA 8800GT KnockOut at itwares but they said its out of stock.
I asked when it will come - they said it may not come now.. it depends on dist.rs
so they suggestde me MSI 880GT OC version.

Both are 512 mb ddr3 . so does that MSI good one? and BTW which one better in KO and SC? knockOut is more overclocked than Superclocked ?
EVGA 8800GT SC is there but its high priced...

None is better than other. And why are you buying 8800GT anyways ?:p The GeCube HD4850 costs a 200-300 bucks less than it and out-performs it by 30%. Get that.

GeCube HD4850 Official Site -->> *www.gecube.com/press-release-detail.php?id=383258

Man I knew I should have checked that dangerous dave game and seen your sig for what it was,you got me nice and clear:D.
Note to self: don't take everything that is written for truth:D.
Any way it would be nice to have rig like that.

Well, what I did was for plain humour. I have seen people (on other forums) lying about their wealth via their sigs. Sometimes someone writes 3x8800GT :lol: How the hell do you Tri-SLi a 8800GT ? But I am not concerned about the liers, I just did it for plain fun.

Last edited:

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

AMD is always value for money and give profit to customer not like Intel selling garbage by giving commission to dealer

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

^^ It's true man. Full credit to AMD for making ultra fast processors available for dead cheap prices. Who would've though that a dual core processor will be avialable for 2k??

It's only because AMD Intel is keeping the prices low and doing lot of reasearch and working hard to satisfy customer.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

^^ It's true man. Full credit to AMD for making ultra fast processors available for dead cheap prices. Who would've though that a dual core processor will be avialable for 2k??

It's only because AMD Intel is keeping the prices low and doing lot of reasearch and working hard to satisfy customer.

hmm.... does that mean he has to call Intel 'garbage'. Even today if AMD competes with Intel than Intel will beat the cr@p outta AMD :|. I can understand that he prefers AMD or by-chance is an AMD fan but that dosent mean he goes around dissing it. Even though I hate ATi (you know it:D) ,still i dont go around dissing it :).

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

^^ I supported everything in that post except that garbage thing :)

I still have lot of respect for Intel. After all, they were the inventors of microprocessors.

volmetius

Broken In

hi ppl... pls help... my moniter is not powering up.... iam using asus 590sli... I evev replaced my nvedia 7600GT card... but its in vain....it doesnt seem to be ani problem wid drivers... what can it be?? pls help..

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

Can't believe he called INTEL garbage!
If intel didn't introduced the "CORE" architecture then we will still be buying those extremely overpriced dual core processors.
I still remember that X2 4800+ was selling for $1004!

Thanks to INTEL that it brings the Quad Core to the cheaper price than what i gave for my 3200+!!!

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!

Review about ATI HD 4870 X2
*www.gamespot.com/features/6196419/index.html?tag=topslot;img;3

Call of Duty 4 scales well when you throw additional 4870 GPUs at it, but the results indicate that the GeForce GTX 280 offers a better cost per frame value. Crysis also remains an Nvidia stronghold. Frame rates didn't budge when we tried adding more Radeon HD 4870 GPUs in our Harbor Assault benchmarking, while doubling up on GTX 280 cards yielded immediate frame rate increases. The Radeon HD 4870 cards beat the GeForce GTX 280 in Team Fortress 2, but frame rates in the CPU-limited game didn't increase as we added more GPUs. A single Radeon HD 4870 card will be enough to give you the GDDR5 benefits in TF2.

Top Bottom