Graphics Cards related queries here.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

better get a 7300GT 512MB
by KPowerMania

Wil u please tell me which brand i should go for... like XFX, LeadTek etc...

better get a 7300GT 512MB
by KPowerMania

But i heard that some of these cards making a big problem like system hanging, game crashing etc... So please help me choose the best out of this

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

by rajkumar_pb
But i heard that some of these cards making a big problem like system hanging, game crashing etc... So please help me choose the best out of this

i havent heard such a problem. Anyways buy the e-VGA SuperCloked edition ;)

prakharpunit

Right off the assembly line

hey folks i want a medium range gfx card my system is
intel d101ggc motherboard
pIV 2.8 , 1 gb ddr ram , 160 gb hd
my budget is around 5 k...can you suggest a few brands .....
i live in bangalore..........
thank you.....

nvidia

-----ATi-----

You can get the 8600GT for that price... Stay away from XFX.

anubisX

Journeyman

I'm having a critical problem with this new GPU I bought 2 days back. It's AGP 512MB GeCube ATi Radeon X1550 Pro. The problem is when I'm installing Vista on my PC, the PC will show fatal error while detecting the Graphics Driver and it restarts and Vista shows that the installation has failed (card says it's Vista Premium Ready). Then I tried to install the same old XP and it's successful. Then after installing all the drivers and Catalyst, I installed the NFS:Most Wanted. It won't show more than 1024x768 in the Video Option and the game lags badly. So I had to use my old AGP 256 MB FX 5200 and the game runs good but still it won't show more than 1024x768 and the graphics suckz. I'm so fcuked up wasting 5K on the ATi card. The same card when used on my friend's MoBo(Asus) creates big problems, his PC won't boot up and if it boots up, it hangs; sometimes it won't detect the Primary and sometimes the Slave. The same card works good on another MoBo(5yrs old Intel) with 512MB 333MHz RAM. and NFS : Most Wanted is doing good on it. What might be the problem ? My HP Pavilion is also 4 years old and the config is :

Asus MoBo (I Guess)
Intel P4 2.8GHz HT
1GB + 512MB 400MHz RAM
40GB HDD
Samsung DVD-RW
Lite-On DVD-ROM
500Watt POV PSU
19" LG TFT

GPUs :
XFX nVidia FX5200 256MB
GeCube ATi Radeon X1550 Pro 512MB

Last edited:

constantine

its quiet...too quiet....

ppl plz tell me if this card is good enuf for crysis to work in high res
= Palit NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 512MB GF
GPU: GeForce 8600GT
Memory Size: 512MB
Interface: PCI Express x16
Core Clock: 675MHz
Chipset Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Memory Clock: 2000MHz
Memory Interface: 128-bit
Memory Type: DDR3
DirectX: DirectX 10
OpenGL: OpenGL 2.0
DVI: 2
TV-Out: HDTV / S-Video Out
VIVO: No
Tuner: None
Max Resolution: 2560 x 1600
SLI Supported: Yes
Cooler: With Fan
i need help fast
and is this a good site to buy from *techshop.in/store/product_info.php?products_id=1696

Dude, you may be able to run Crysis, but 8600GT wouldnt be good enough.
you will be able to just run CRYSIS.
Even the 9800gt gets about 26FPS at full resolution.

i guess you will get very very less frames, and sometimes random crashes, even in low resolutions

IF you are on tight budget, then put some extra bucks and get atleast the 9600gt so as to run CRYSIS.
the 9600gt cost around 9k

ELSE break the bank and get the 9800 GTX2 or the GeForce GTX 280, to run CRYSIS smoothly at full HD

*techshop.in/store/product_info.php?products_id=1904

Last edited:

Kush6

Broken In

ELSE break the bank and get the 9800 GTX2 or the GeForce GTX 280, to run CRYSIS smoothly at full HD

*techshop.in/store/product_info.php?products_id=1904

Sorry buddy, but even a system with TriSLI GTX 280 with a QX9770 and 4Gb of DDR3 at 1600MHz RAM is brought to its knees in seconds by CRYSIS at Full resolutions of 2500X1600 At 16x Af and 16X AA - Not even 10FPS.
Its just too far ahead of its time. We have to wait anither era of graphics development to ctually utilize the potential of this game.
By the way, contrary to what most people believe, Crysis is not 'horribly coded'. Its just too much eye candy to hold up.

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned

Sorry buddy, but even a system with TriSLI GTX 280 with a QX9770 and 4Gb of DDR3 at 1600MHz RAM is brought to its knees in seconds by CRYSIS at Full resolutions of 2500X1600 At 16x Af and 16X AA - Not even 10FPS.
Its just too far ahead of its time. We have to wait anither era of graphics development to ctually utilize the potential of this game.
By the way, contrary to what most people believe, Crysis is not 'horribly coded'. Its just too much eye candy to hold up.

well actually gamers dont run it that high at 2500x1600 ... by highest resolution people actually mean FUll HD 1080p. thats what games run good at and thats the max u can run well even on a mammoth setup wtih good frames and everything turned on... I dont think textures are optimised for resolutions higher than that.... :)

nvidia

-----ATi-----

@constantine: You can run Crysis at Medium-High settings without AA in 1024x768 with 20-30FPS.

Kush6

Broken In

@bikdel
I suppose you are right but I saw these benchmarks (at Guru3d, I think - not sure), and the results really had me jumping in glee - I was actually running Crysis on an 8600GT - felt like some big achievement! But yeah, high end systems do have 30' plus screens so you do have 2500X1600 - and some real rich people do run stuff at that resolution - this is, of course, rare. AFAIK (I'm not sure so correct me if I'm wrong), texturing with AA is independent of resolution but AF is not - of course the effect is minimal at those insanely HIGH resolutions.

Jayanth.M.P

Journeyman

OK guys can you explain to me which is better....

GeCube RX3650 1GB DDR2
GeCube RX2600XT 512MB DDR3
POV 8600GT 1GB DDR 2
POV 8600GT 256MB DDR3
Palit 9600GSO 384MB DDR3 (service sux ?)

I really dont know much in detail about this and need your help. If you have any other card in mind.....i welcome that too (budget 6500/- MAX)

Thank you.

johnjjx

Ambassador of Buzz

^^palit 9600gso....but seek galaxy 9600gso 384mb which canb modded to 8800gts 512mb

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

^Dude don't get fooled to every GALAXY 9600GSO. I clearly mentioned earlier that not every GALAXY 9600GSO can be BIOS modded to 8800GTS.
Read technewstime report before modding.

i just meant at 1080p

ancientrites

In the zone

*priceguru.in/archives/new-hardware/1932
zotac GTX 280 AMP! Edition – Rs. 44,444/- (w/GRID Game bundle)
zotac GTX 280 Standard – Rs. 39,999/- (w/GRID Game bundle)
xfx GX-280N-ZDF9 (gtx 280) - 49000

this is too much i thought it would be somewhere around 30000 to max.

nvidia

-----ATi-----

^^Whoa!:shock:
Not worth paying that much for that shitty card.. No vfm.

Top Bottom