Graphics Cards related queries here.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

^^ how is MSI service ?

this guy( imgame2 ) is backing away from MSI because of its service . i think he's from chennai. Could you help him ?

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz

will have to look for palit and sonic cards,and yes i will be using the card for about 1 and half years atleast.
Sonic isnt any GPU manufacturer. Actually, Sonic,Super and Sonic+ are Palit's models. Super generally includes 512MB and above VRAMs. Sonic and Sonic+ models feature better VRAM modules,cooling units and comparatively higher clocks than other OC'd cards. And thats why, Sonic+ models are quite costly than the regular ones. Though, performance is worth the price.
Regarding, GPU...see if u can wait then go for 8800GT after a while. By then, the price tag would be quite attractive.
As for 9600GT, Palit Sonic+ 9600GT 512MB model is highly recommendable by me! Superb performance and O/C-ability! :D

svgreatest

Right off the assembly line
Hi

My PC Config is:
915GAV Genuine Intel mobo
NavTech 450W PSU (came with the cabinet)
PIV 3Ghz Processor
512MB RAM
7300LE PCi-e card
My card temperature idles at 72 and when i play games it crosses a 100 C. Pls advise me on how to get my graphics card temp down.

Thanks

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

^^ whoa ! its burning up. .use a blower ( dont blow hot air ) to clear dust in the heat sink . if its a new card get it replaced. .if u've crossed the warranty period , reapply some thermal paste.

EDIT

It is unusual but possible that u're smps is not providing enough power and thus causing the heating problem . Try the card in ur frends house and see the temps. .

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

^^ u can compare the core clocks of 2 gpu's based on the same core. . in the comparison u gave , they have different cores.

:rolleyes: No...I wanna know dat do we have 2 take in2 account the core clock & memory clock while buying a GCard....

OK let me make it simple...:D

give them a priority:

Memory Type(DDR2,DDR3,DDR4)
Core-Clock
Memory-CLock
card version(series...7,8,9..)

so,acc 2 me is this correct:

card version(series...7,8,9..) > Memory Type(DDR2,DDR3,DDR4) > Core-Clock > Memory-CLock

as shown above memory-clock gets lowest & card version gets highest

another question:

U guys always says good PSU 4 Gcard...

Is there any chart/table showing the required PSU(watts) 4 a particular Card:wink:

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack

^^^
to get an idea of PSU needs use this *educations.newegg.com/tool/psucalc/index.html

_

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?

hey i was wondering which one to go for .....

MSI HD 3870 or EVGA 8800 GT ..both being 512 cards...but 8800 performing a little better and being expensive 18k+ ....

my budget is 16k.

ne idea bout the proce of the 3870??

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

8800GT MSI is for 12k. And HD 3870 is for same cost.
8800GT offers better performance while HD 3870 is better future proof. Its ur choice.

BTW for 16k, u can even get 8800GTS 512. Its better than 8800GT.

sagardani

Lost in LOST

No one replied to my thread so posting here. I want AGP gfx card to which I can connect LCD monitor through DVI. Should not be too costly (around 2.5k) and good for HD movies.... nvidia/ati anything will do.....

waiting for reply.... :)

sagardani

Lost in LOST

^^^But I temporarily want it. I'll change my mobo next year till then I want AGP card to run LCD monitor and watch HD films around 2.5k.. so suggest it.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

^^ 7300 LE or 6200 . but seeing that u have a mobo that has only agp support, ur proccy wont be enough to run hd movies. . so u have to find a hd 2400 / 2600 .. which i think will be very difficult . these cards have AVIVO HD which decode HD content.

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?

but i think the XFX 8800 GT alpha dog is 15k+ ....whts so gud bout this one???

quan chi

mortal kombat

@quan_chi

also check whether the speed of your two RAM sticks are the same...

and if possible run a memory integrity check.. (using memtest *www.memtest.org/)

EDIT:
bah! sagar beat me to it :D

and 8500GT is a pretty low powered card and it doesn't heat much like XFX's 8600GTs.. even some cards are passively cooled ;)

_

yes my card is passively cooled.

well i dont know how to check temp on riva tuner.as i am unable to find that option can anybody help me please.

since my card is passively cooled what other things i can do to keep it cool.

and btw i tested bioshock demo on my card and frame rates were not that good but it was playable without any kind of lag in 800x600 resolutions with settings almost high.

btw will my card be able to play games such as nfs carbon and blood money type at highest settings at 800x600 resolutions.will it be able to play games released between 2003-2007 at those settings.
here are the details of my card.*www.xfxforce.com/web/product/listC...ce™+8500&productConfigurationId=1385708

Last edited:

pirates1323

In the zone

I have just ordered Geforce-8800GT 512MB DDR3 and G-Skill (1 GB * 2) 800 MHZ... got 4 slots for ram ... so 2 alternative slots for these 800 mhz ... and other 2 alternative slots my old 1gb ddr2 333mhz ...

Old Specs: (CPU-Z: *i31.tinypic.com/28iukcl.jpg )
Windows Vista Home
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0 ghz E4400
512 MB DDR2 333 MHZ * 2
160 GB 3G HDD
Intel GMA 950 Graphics

New Specs:
Windows Vista Home
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0 ghz E4400
512 MB DDR2 333 MHZ * 2
1 GB G-Skill DDR2 800 MHZ * 2
160 GB 3d HDD
Geforce-8800GT 512MB DDR3

will it be ok for improving the overall system performace for gaming... m looking forward to play games like Assassin's Creed,Crysis, BioShock, Unreal Tournament 3..

another thing ... before installing the geforce card into the PCI slot ... should I remove the intel GMA graphics drivers .... and then install the new drivers for geforce 8800gt?

Last edited:

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz

^^specify the C2D processor model!
Apart from that, rest of the config seems nice!
Btw, u should go for >160GB, 250GB atleast! Games like UT-III and Crysis could easily eat up lots of GBs! :)
Ofcourse, u'll see a major performance difference! Believe me u are in for a tr8. (GMA ->8800GT! :D)
yep, uninstall old vga drivers before installing the new card and its drivers.

pawsingh

>>----------->

Planning to buy following next month
CPU - E8200 or E8400
Mobo - Abit IP 35E
PSU - POV black diamond 500w
GPU - EVGA 9600GT

Question: Will the PSU be able to handle 9600 GT and if I plan to buy 8800GT will it be able to handle that also.

pirates1323

In the zone

^^specify the C2D processor model!
Apart from that, rest of the config seems nice!
Btw, u should go for >160GB, 250GB atleast! Games like UT-III and Crysis could easily eat up lots of GBs! :)
Ofcourse, u'll see a major performance difference! Believe me u are in for a tr8. (GMA ->8800GT! :D)
yep, uninstall old vga drivers before installing the new card and its drivers.

processor is E4400 ... i hve 160 gb + 40GB of my old pc ... total 240 GB ...

hey i did not upgraded my system yet to geforce 8800gt and 3gb ram ... but I though of running SpeedFan software ... and got this result ..

*i31.tinypic.com/13za52r.jpg

will after upgradin to geforce 8800gt and 2gb of more RAM will lead more heating problems ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom