Graphics Cards related queries here.

[flAsh said:
]checkout my xgi V8 Ultra Duo monster

*www.freespaces.com/techlabs/BIOS/25.jpg

Yupp it looks cool and sounds like a turbo jet

Strange profile those fan blades have. No wonder it sounds like a jet.
I reckon those guys at XGI should hire someone with atleast a bachelors
degree in Mech Engg and redesign those blades :wink:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
krisjr said:
@MI2 but which company wud u choose.in other words which are ur favs..which one u hav...

Lol i dun have any favs as such but based on many recommendations and Hardware guru's opinions i always have some rough ideas framed.Asus being on the top notch as this is what i have and this is what i am satisfied with.So be assured for its quality and VFM :wink:

@bunny01in....Ati Radeon 9600 SE is still ok but its better to opt for Pro or XT version.It must cost u around 7k(last time i checked) atleast or may be less :p

@blade...ummm Radeon 9600pro for 4k u dont say.Grt man.How long will this take approx???

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
allwyndlima said:
krisjr said:
@MI2 but which company wud u choose.in other words which are ur favs..which one u hav...

Lol i dun have any favs as such but based on many recommendations and Hardware guru's opinions i always have some rough ideas framed.Asus being on the top notch as this is what i have and this is what i am satisfied with.So be assured for its quality and VFM :wink:

@bunny01in....Ati Radeon 9600 SE is still ok but its better to opt for Pro or XT version.It must cost u around 7k(last time i checked) atleast or may be less :p

@blade...ummm Radeon 9600pro for 4k u dont say.Grt man.How long will this take approx???
Umm cant say for sure but shud be a month or so for the prices to be effective.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Hey guys
Tell me what is a NV 25 chip set I am trying to get a secondhand graphics card and some one has this MSI card on which the main chip is NV25. What is this is it better than a 5200? If now where does it stand equal to say MX440? Please help. Also how much should it cost ( Claims 128MB RAM)

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
hi ppl,
my birthday coming next month...and i am thinking of selling my geforce fx 5200 for abt 2.5 k and buy a new one for abt 4.5-5 k i.e 2.5 which i get by selling this + 2.5-3 from my own pocket which i will get for my b'day..:D
so which one should i go for??
radeon 9550 gamer edition or radeon 9600 pro?
will both be available within by price within a month or so?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
pradeep_chauhan said:
Hey guys
Tell me what is a NV 25 chip set I am trying to get a secondhand graphics card and some one has this MSI card on which the main chip is NV25. What is this is it better than a 5200? If now where does it stand equal to say MX440? Please help. Also how much should it cost ( Claims 128MB RAM)

Well Most cards like Geforce Ti 4600,4400,4200 have thier cores based on the Nvidia NV25 Chipset which is also used in Current Xbox Gpu.Its a Direct X8.1,Open Gl and Direct Draw compliant Chipset.Not much if compared to FX5200 (128-bit one) but is anytime better than MX440 :wink:

Tech Specs (Coutesy Xbit labs)
6 rendering pipelines;
300MHz core clock frequency;
600MHz memory frequency, 10.5GB/sec bandwidth;
TwinView support;
MPEG-2 decoding support implemented on the hardware level;
An enhanced T&L unit with the second vertex pipeline;
More progressive anti-aliasing algorithms;
0.13micron manufacturing technology

@thegame_rulez...umm i guess a Brand New XFX Geforce Fx 5200 128MB 8X card will be costing almost the same price pal.Anyways I say u better buy the Ati radeon 9600pro to be on a safer side for a while :D

suave_guy

pedal to metal
its hard to find radeon 9600 pro for 5K i guess....well if u can strech ur budget to 7K then go for 9600 pro otherwise settle for radeon 9600 SE

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
PCI-e Solution

No one is suppossed to have a solution to this. Recently i have bought AMD 3000+ 64 Bit with MSI RS480 mobo, and 512 ddr ram, 120 sata etc. i have not bought a PCi-e card as i am bit confused, shall i wait for a while to decide on PCI-e graphics card so that there is some development in this sector with more options to choose from as not much of options at present in india(mumbai) or can any one suggest good options of graphics cards of budget arnd 5K-6K?

suave_guy

pedal to metal
pci-e technology has a gr8 prospect, is the future of gaming, but rt. now its not the need of the hour....
reason: lack of games which can actually exploit this technology....
going for a pci-e card instead of a 8X agp card is ideal but not logical....and the most imp. thing here is that a pci-e card wont give u much of a performance boost then it 8x agp counterpart....going for a pci-e card will give u few more frame rates while playing games but its not the only reason that u shud go for a pci-e card rt. now....

my suggestion to u is to go for a decent 8x agp card rt. now, collect more money and then go for a good pic-e card after a year....

can any one suggest good options of graphics cards of budget arnd 5K-6K?
in this price range the best card available rt. now is ati radeon 9600 SE....and this card can get u through a year and then u can always buy a good pci-e card :)

ENjoy....

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
thegame_rulez said:
what abt the radeon 9550?? is it better than the radeon 9800 se since i have heard that all le,se versions suck.

Nope the 9800SE is far far better than the 9550. Also beware since the 9550 also has a SE version.

@wizrulz: A resonable good card wud be the 6600 for 7-7.5k. Below that there are the 5XXX series acrds frm Nvidia and the x600 and x300 frm ATi both which dont deserve the price tag on them. There is also a 6200TC but even thats not worth it.

@suave: He has pcie mobo, and u r suggesting him a agp based card :p

@allwyn: The Ti series is definitely better than the fx5200, yeah better than even the 128bit one. Although 5200 is dx9 complaint, its useless since it lacks the firepower to run dx9 games smoothly.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@blade....yea i agree on that one buddy but this is a relatively cheaper variant model in comparison to the Ti one's i suppose and is more common find now-a-days :D

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
allwyndlima said:
@blade....yea i agree on that one buddy but this is a relatively cheaper variant model in comparison to the Ti one's i suppose and is more common find now-a-days :D

:D Well there was never an argument abt the price and availability ;)

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
hi ppl ..at what cost can i get a radeon 9800 se and radeon 9600 xt? i heard they are comparitively equal in performance..but what abt pricing..and one of my frens was saying that i can soft mod radeon 9800 se into a radeon 9800 pro!! is it true?

Sourabh

Laptoping
well the 9600Xt costs near abt 9.5-10k

9800 SE can be softmodded to 9800 pro with the omega drivers

but some cards havent

i guess the powercolor 9800 Se wod soft mod to the 9800 pro

only diff between the two is that the se has 4 locked pipelines

when u soft mod it the 4 pipe lines get unlocked which u can easily check from rivatuner

if u r buying something for 10-11k get the 6600GT then

next gen card and truly VFM

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
hi there sourabh..
i had mentioned earlier that my budget is not very high..just 6k max..i heard i can get a radeon 9800 se for 7k!!
is that true?

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
thegame_rulez said:
hi there sourabh..
i had mentioned earlier that my budget is not very high..just 6k max..i heard i can get a radeon 9800 se for 7k!!
is that true?
Unlikely mate its arnd 8-9k i think.

Top Bottom