Graphics Cards related queries here.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@naveenthomas123.....The Best card for you would be Powercolor Ati Radeon 9550 which must be costing around 4.5k or a lil more.Below that would be Radeon 9200SE and Geforce FX52000 which would be costing around 2.5k :)

monty701

Right off the assembly line
hi guys i am new to the forum.i m planning to buy a agp card.i hav a budget of around 6000 bucks.plese suggest me a good card.i
i also want to know which is better in performance ge force fx 5700 , ati radeon 9600 ,ati radeon 9600 pro i also want to know their prices and good brand.my config is

intel p4 2.4 ghz
intel 845gebv2 motherboard [agp 4x]
256 mb ddr ram

Sourabh

Laptoping
Powercolor/ Gigabyte 9600 Pro is the best of the lot and wod cost you abt 7k

make sure u have a good PSU to power the AGP card

monty701

i have heard ati radeon 9500 pro outperforms ati radeon 9600 pro due to more no. of pixel pipelines?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@pradeep....whats the Minimum u can spend for the Second hand card and whats the Minimum GPU Or Vram You require????

@monty701.....well yes its true that the 9500pro has a fair advantage above the 9600pro in case of Benchmarks and Pixel Piplines count (8 PP in 9500pro and 4 PP in 9600pro) but 9600pro also has reduced the transistor count to half of 9500pro generating less heat for the card.The Advantage is that it(9600pro) is a good overclocker compared to 9500pro and also is marginally priced.
Overall the 9600Pro is a fair card and is more easily found out here compared to 9500pro.So the fact is,yes the 9500pro does beat 9600pro in terms of Performance :D

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Anything better than the riva tnt 2 32 Mb that i have now will do. The thing is new Nvidia linux drivers are not working with this old card thus the hunt I am not a game guy just want to free system resources for computation purpose.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
monty701 said:
i have heard ati radeon 9500 pro outperforms ati radeon 9600 pro due to more no. of pixel pipelines?
Yes it does ! But the thing is you wont a 9500pro in retail right now. Discontinued by ati a long time ago.

ratzee199

Journeyman
new agp card

hi guys .my machines config is INTEL P4 2.8 HT, 80 GB HDD,768 MB DDR, MSI NVIDIA GEFORCE 5600 FX.
now i wanna change my graphix card as it was not a good performer for DOOM3 . my budget is around 10-11k. so plz suggest me a good card. also i want that this card should be strong enough 4 nxt couple of years.
can i play games in LAPTOP?

ratzee199

Journeyman
new agp card

hi guys .my machines config is INTEL P4 2.8 HT, 80 GB HDD,768 MB DDR, MSI NVIDIA GEFORCE 5600 FX.
now i wanna change my graphix card as it was not a good performer for DOOM3 . my budget is around 10-11k. so plz suggest me a good card. also i want that this card should be strong enough 4 nxt couple of years.

premrajeev

Journeyman
HEY HE WAS POINTING TO THAT ONLY...BUT I'VE HEARD A LOT ABOUT GAINWARD ND SOME OF MY FRIENDS MANAGED TO PUSH THA CLOCKSPEEDS TO 100 MORE...

supersaiyan said:
so is the the 6800gt 128 mb worth the money. i mean is it better than the 6600gt

Mate, are you serious?? Or do you just lack common sense??!!! X:idea:X

The above was in reponse to the second part of your query. Whether it's worth the money, that depends what you want to use the card for. It's definitely not worth spending on a 6800GT if you intend to play PACMAN :p

Re: new agp card

ratzee199 said:

Current best buy for 10.5 to 11.5k is the GeForce 6600 GT.

If you're strapped for cash try Geforce 6600 Vanilla at less than 8k.

shaunak

Tux Fan
can any 1 suggest a card in the 3-4k range good enuff 4 playing new games at low res. n better than my current intel 865 onboard card.
(ps 865 as good as gforce 2 or 3 so suggest sumthin better)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
shaunak said:
can any 1 suggest a card in the 3-4k range good enuff 4 playing new games at low res. n better than my current intel 865 onboard card.
(ps 865 as good as gforce 2 or 3 so suggest sumthin better)

Read My Lips Its XFX Geforce Fx5200.....Phewww....Now i'm really begining to suggest this card in my Sleep too :lol: :lol:

supersaiyan said:
so is the the 6800gt 128 mb worth the money. i mean is it better than the 6600gt
ROLFMAO.....Dude thats like askin "Is it worth Buying an Alienware Rig.....Du-Uh??" :lol: :lol:
Dude a 6600Gt goes in the likes of Comparison with Ati Radeon 9800Pro,Whereas the Geforce 6800Gt compete's with the likes of Ati Radeon X800Pro.Now Do you feel any difference in the Architecture of Ati Radeon 9800pro and X800 pro Graphics card????? The Answer is "Yes,A Big Diff" :D
Thats exactly the case with the Geforce Hierarchy,as The 6800Gt Is a High-End Card Placed above 6600Gt.

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
hello ppl,
is geforce 6200 available in the agp version??how much does it cost??which g.card in the radeon series does in compare too??will it be available in lamington ??

i wanna get a card for my b'day next month..:)

so keep the replies coming...

Thx.

monty701

hey guys i am in a confusion that whether i should buy geforce 6600 gt agp card or i should spend the money on buying a console like ps2. coz the game on the consoles are fully optimised for it and run without any hickups. ge force 6600 gt is a very good card but is it futureproof??????? i know console and pc can't be compared but if its about gaming there is confusion.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
thegame_rulez said:
hello ppl,
is geforce 6200 available in the agp version??how much does it cost??
Yup Nvidia has a got a 6200 128 and 256MB 8X versions but AFAIK they are not currently available in India yet.Although the PCI-E version does retail at around 4k Approx.

thegame_rulez said:
which g.card in the radeon series does in compare too??
Possibly the PCI-E one Compares to the Ati Radeon X300 Card (SE) and X600 PCI-E Series of ATI but the Agp one(6200) is said to have more set of features and is a Great performer.

thegame_rulez said:
will it be available in lamington ??
Nope i Dun think so.There are Very Little chances of you finding it,as its a relatively a new card.

monty701 said:
hey guys i am in a confusion that whether i should buy geforce 6600 gt agp card or i should spend the money on buying a console like ps2. coz the game on the consoles are fully optimised for it and run without any hickups. ge force 6600 gt is a very good card but is it futureproof??????? i know console and pc can't be compared but if its about gaming there is confusion.
I say if you got Good PC specs than its advisable you better go for the 6600gt as it will definetly be worth an upgrade as the PS2's graphics are showing its aging Attire :( Also Go for the Ps2 Only in case you are fully into gaming and nothing else.The 6600Gt will be somewhat future proof for some time now but the PS2 will last for say another year i.e. until PS3 dosent invade and Wipe it out :D