Graphics Cards related queries here.

Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

are there different card from asus 8600gt with and without factory overclock which of them is reviewed if buying asus card which is better overclocking software , smart doctor from asus or any other ?

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

THe most widely overclocking software is riva tuner and ATi tool rest of.....who knows!

RexRazr

Broken In

Is ATi HD 2600XT better than nVidia 8600GT ?
Is 2600XT a DX10 card ?

In the site that "cyberboy kerala" provided (thanks for it) i saw that mostly 8600GT is ahead of 2600XT. But they've used a bit older games for the test.
So which card would be better for new games such as Crysis and so ?

Please also state which card costs more if you can.

Thanks..

sunny155

Broken In

Hi, I am thinking to buy DX10 based card.

I have 2 options - NVidia 8600 GT & ATI 2600XT

I just read tom's hardware guide abt 2600 xt. It says its 100$ and little cheaper than 8600GT.

Suggest which one to buy with their prices and models.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl

In case you are buying for gaming Go for nVidia. In case of Movie and Media stuff go for ATi HD.

ATi performance gets affected by a wider range than nVidia performance when AA and AF are turned on.

Riva Tuner can OC any gfx card [well almost] which has the supported GPU. So no matter u got ASUS, Galaxy or XFX it will OC it same way.

Last edited:

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

both 8600 GT and 2600 XT are crappy cards. If u really want to play games then hook on to 8800 GT or wait for RV 670 aka HD 3800. That card will be a real deal and the price will be same as 8800 GT and it will be DDR4 and DX 10.1!

nishantv2003

We Both Have a Mouse!!!

hi guys,
sorry for asking again, but,
i m going to buy xfx or asus 8600gt very soon(2-3 days) and i have recently upgraded my psu to coolermaster duo 600watts.
now im thinking that when i have upgraded my psu so why shouldnt i wait for 8800gt 256mb.

now guys pls help,
1.should i go for 8600gt(which one,xfx or asus) or,
2.should i wait for 8800gt 256mb.

yaar i dont want to spend more than 10k on gfx card.

thanx.

P.S. Choto cheeeta pls clean up ur private meg inbox, im trying 2 msg u:)

Last edited:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

^^Go for ASUS as i myself have an XFX 8600GT and their customer support is unreliable online.
Asus support in India is no good too but atleast they are the top pc hardware manufacturers in the world.You can also get ASUS 8600GT from rashi peripherals,they also have XFX.

Haven't you heard of XFX 8600GT users having overheating complains.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

Wait for RV 670 as that card will be almost in between 10-12K and since nVidia will also launch its 9 series GPU soon then the 8800 GT512 MB will be for almost the same price.
Remember the 8600 GT was of almost 10K when it launched and now its for 5.5K from Palit!
Just wait for a month or two and u will see a drastic fall in price!

nishantv2003

We Both Have a Mouse!!!

i was just thinking that i can buy a 8600gt now and i can run it for 1yr and after that i could change it and by then the new 9 series would have been launched and price of 8800gt would aslo have come down.
or
should i buy 8800gt now only...

as u say my frnds

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

You know....now days....as i can see the market....every single brand is launching something new within 6 months which makes the older technology obsolete.
U can clearly see in the INTEL Core 2 Duo series....same nVidia is also following and all other companies will do the same.

My suggestion is buy something that is enough for atlesat 1-1.5 year.
Now 8800 GT is the best in this scenerio....but it has just been launched....always buy something when it is available in abundance in the market and has decent value.
Buying a 8600 GT is nothing....infact, i will suggest u to buy 2X8600 GT and use them in SLI....but its not possible since u have one PCI-E slot on motherboard.
So just wait for 1 more month and see if ATi come up with something stand in nVidia way....then u should buy 8800 GT because then its price will also fall down and it will be a great buy which will remain for atleast 1 year.

mck3bangalore

Right off the assembly line

Hey ppl, i bought a new nvidea gforce 7300GT 256mb, and after installing i am having some serious problem with my monitor colour.
The monitor colour is some what blur and greenish kind. I tried with the setting of the colour(gamma, red, white balance) and other stuff, noting seems to be working.

My sys config: mercury 945 chipset motherboard
intel dual core processor 3Ghz
1gb ram
sata 80gb
windows xp prof sp2

Plz help me out in this...

sonu1983

Broken In

ok guys..my sis is in the US and she plans to come in dec end...so i was THINKING i will tell her to get me a 8800GT :)

just wondering..wats the price now..its like 250$ for the 512mb versions..will they come down anywhere near december..so tat ill tell to buy it then?...waitin for ur replies..thanks.:)

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz

Is ATI HD3850 and HD3870 out in market ???

Can anyone give me..any reviews(links) of this two cards ??

arun_chennai

tech mighty

shyamno said:
Is ATI HD3850 and HD3870 out in market ???

Can anyone give me..any reviews(links) of this two cards ??

No not yet....

sonu1983 said:
ok guys..my sis is in the US and she plans to come in dec end...so i was THINKING i will tell her to get me a 8800GT :)

just wondering..wats the price now..its like 250$ for the 512mb versions..will they come down anywhere near december..so tat ill tell to buy it then?...waitin for ur replies..thanks.:)

8800Gt is selling like Hot cakes in US.......this is festival season there...so the demand is on high side....so dont expect a price crash...:D

Last edited:

arun_cool

Broken In

hi guys ...

i have 2 options guys...

1.xfx 8600 gt
2. ASUS en 8600 gt...

which one is better for price guys...

if possible post their prices..:razz:

sonu1983

Broken In

awwww shucks..just wen i thought i could settle in for a 8800GT..damn..think i ll have to go for 8600GT as usual..sigh:(

Top Bottom