Graphics Cards related queries here.

arun_chennai

tech mighty
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

sonu1983 said:
awwww shucks..just wen i thought i could settle in for a 8800GT..damn..think i ll have to go for 8600GT as usual..sigh:(

Before Xmas 8800GT 256mb version and also ATI 3870/50 will be introduced....they will be around 180-200$ range...get them....8600GT/GTS are crap...dont get them...:D

arun_cool said:
hi guys ...

i have 2 options guys...

1.xfx 8600 gt
2. ASUS en 8600 gt...

which one is better for price guys...

if possible post their prices..:razz:

ASUS retail around 7k...where as u can get XFX for 5.5k....ASUS Fan is slightly better....but XFX is great VFM....:D:D

Last edited:

techdoc

Broken In

hi all i am planning to upgrade my system.i have already purchased a 690g jetway board and amd x2 4000 and viewsonic vg1930wm.i usually watch some movies and do some office work and general surfing.i am a linux user and support for amd 690g chipset is poor.i would like to purchase an nvidiagraphics card to get better support for compiz and other 3d stuff.no gaming.can you recommend some??budget is 3000,not any more.how is 7300 gs/8400gs??.

also should i go for the 800mhz ram or the 667??
thank you all and cheers.

cynosure

UbuntuUser

Will newer cards like 8800GT which have PCI express 2.0 interface work on PCI express 1.1?

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

techdoc said:
hi all i am planning to upgrade my system.i have already purchased a 690g jetway board and amd x2 4000 and viewsonic vg1930wm.i usually watch some movies and do some office work and general surfing.i am a linux user and support for amd 690g chipset is poor.i would like to purchase an nvidiagraphics card to get better support for compiz and other 3d stuff.no gaming.can you recommend some??budget is 3000,not any more.how is 7300 gs/8400gs??.

also should i go for the 800mhz ram or the 667??
thank you all and cheers.

Buy a 8400 GS as it is DX10 and some of therm will be hooked up with HDMI port.

Secondly, buy a 800 MHz RAm as its frequency is better than 667.

cynosure said:
Will newer cards like 8800GT which have PCI express 2.0 interface work on PCI express 1.1?

2.0 cards are backward compatible too so they will work on PCI-E 1.1 but on 1.1 speed, not on 2.0 speed!

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

I dun think the performance will drop so much, coz its da GPU nd memory thats the bottleneck nd not the PCIE x16 interface.
The data rate of even PCIE 1.1 is overkill for todays card.
PCIE 2.0 is coming takin into consideration the coming cards like HD3800 nd 9800.

arun_cool

Broken In

hi...

i m planing to upgrade my Ram to 2 GB...
i have 1GB @667 Mhz.....

so which is better 1 Gb 667 mhz + 1 GB 800 mhz.....

or 2 GB 667 mhz......

Sorry for posting in this Thread...:)

@arun_chennai

R u sure that 8800gt 256 MB will be under 200$....

Last edited:

arun_chennai

tech mighty

arun_cool said:
hi...

i m planing to upgrade my Ram to 2 GB...
i have 1GB @667 Mhz.....

so which is better 1 Gb 667 mhz + 1 GB 800 mhz.....

or 2 GB 667 mhz......

Sorry for posting in this Thread...:)

@arun_chennai

R u sure that 8800gt 256 MB will be under 200$....

yes man 512mb is retailing around 250$...so u may get 256mb for 200$...:D:D

JohnephSi

GONNA GET ALL OF YOU

Which one is the best among ati x1300xt, x1600 pro, nvidia 7600gs n 7600GT ?????

Remember the agp card should be able to connect with my CRT monitor not a lcd monitor

arun_chennai

tech mighty

JohnephSi said:
Which one is the best among ati x1300xt, x1600 pro, nvidia 7600gs n 7600GT ?????

Remember the agp card should be able to connect with my CRT monitor not a lcd monitor
7600GT is the best amongst the above cards....:D:D & all cards come with VGA & DVI o/p...so u can connect to CRT without any problems....:D:D

utsav

damn busy...

arun_chennai said:
yes man 512mb is retailing around 250$...so u may get 256mb for 200$...:D:D
u dont hav any idea wat u r talking about. 512MB xfx 8800GT is selling for 16000Rs meaning 400$

arun_chennai

tech mighty

utsav said:
u dont hav any idea wat u r talking about. 512MB xfx 8800GT is selling for 16000Rs meaning 400$

No man...be cool...:D...we are talking about US price buddy....read all the above conversation...:D:D

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

The PCI-E 2.0 draws almost double the power compared to PCI-E. So there aren't going to be the external power connectors for the mainstream cards besides this there are some speed factors too!

sonu1983

Broken In

@arun_chennai
hey i guess i will then wait for the dec ending..as we have thanksgiving in november..hope the price comes down..lol..

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

THe wait should be of ATi HD 3850 and HD3870 which will blow 8800 GT ( I Believe) in performance and as well as price too!

arun_chennai

tech mighty

keith_j_snyder2 said:
THe wait should be of ATi HD 3850 and HD3870 which will blow 8800 GT ( I Believe) in performance and as well as price too!

How do u know that man....just assumption or any proof (benchmarks)..:D

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

Thats obvious...because if ATi wants to stay in the market, they have to put some thing like X1900 XTX to beat nVidia!

It doesn't matter that if they are best performers....the only thing matters is which one is better VMF....which means main stream hardware!

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?

ya ATI does have a gud VFM..but they still lose out on expensive cards..wht i mean to say is tht there expensive cards are still not able to beat the NVIDIA's:D

arun_chennai

tech mighty

Ambar said:
ya ATI does have a gud VFM..but they still lose out on expensive cards..wht i mean to say is tht there expensive cards are still not able to beat the NVIDIA's:D

Its true that ATI always have a better VFM than nVidia....but in Indian market always nVidia products are cheaper,coz of the crap ATI marketing network...hope that will change soon...