Graphics Cards related queries here.

Who

Guess Who's Back
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

I read somewhere that anything with GS/LE/LS on the back is not worth for gaming these days, in other words yes you can play all things but be ready to play them with low settings on 1024 x 768, or med settings on 800 x 600.

praka123

left this forum longback

^^ thx for ur inputs.I am thinking of buying 7300GT 256 ddr2 RAM based card.which brand shud i look up for?XFX or ASUS :confused:...and can i buy directly from Rashi Peripherals for a single peace?

trigger_happy

Broken In

Harvik780 said:
Don't go for Ati X1300 PRO cause it's a low end card.The memory does not matter cause it's not powerful enough to use the full memory.In nehru place if u spend a bit more of about Rs1.4k u might get an Nvidia 8600gt 256 mb which better though it has less memory.Another option is to wait as AMD ATI HD2600 pro will cost Rs6.5K when it's released in India.

Thanks man, i had a prob with opera so i posted my query twice, anyway, i'm looking for something available now, cause college starts in a month :!: anyother suggesions?

Who

Guess Who's Back

praka123 said:
^^ thx for ur inputs.I am thinking of buying 7300GT 256 ddr2 RAM based card.which brand shud i look up for?XFX or ASUS :confused:...and can i buy directly from Rashi Peripherals for a single peace?

i myself would pick XFX, yeah you can buy from them directly

trigger_happy said:
Thanks man, i had a prob with opera so i posted my query twice, anyway, i'm looking for something available now, cause college starts in a month anyother suggesions?

well you sure can wait for the ATI HD2600 series, but i also think 8600 GT cards are good & cheap , i myself have a galaxy 8600 GT which comes around 8k , the thing is they have good cooling sloution & you can easily overclock them to 700/900 Mhz with very stable perfomence also i can run games like C&C 3 & S.T.A.L.K.E.R on 1024 x 768 with Max settings & AA 8X & AF 16X with good frame rates.

yes, i also would like tell you due to 128 bit memory controller it will have a hard time playing old games like company of heros with max settings on anything higher than 1024 x 768 , i think company of heroes is the only game where 86xx series is perfoming very poorly,but they are going relase a DX 10 patch so i think it will also fix slow perfomence of the 8600 GT cards there.

on a sidenote : 8600 GT perfomences faster in sharder based games like oblivion, 8600 GT more faster in oblivion then 7900 GT.

so in the end i would go with a 8600 GT if you wanna buy card right now but if you can wait then i would say wait for the HD2600 series

praka123

left this forum longback

thanks @smit.I'm thinking of contacting rashi Kochin branch sometime today reg xfx 7300 GT card.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

trigger_happy said:
Thanks man, i had a prob with opera so i posted my query twice, anyway, i'm looking for something available now, cause college starts in a month :!: anyother suggesions?
Go for a Geforce 8600 GT 256 MB.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

will hd 2600 beat the 8600GT and wat are their prices and when is 2600 expected in india .

thanks..

gannu_rox

In the zone

praka123 said:
thanks @smit.I'm thinking of contacting rashi Kochin branch sometime today reg xfx 7300 GT card.

Contact Mr. Vinesh... He mite elp ya...

I too wanna invest in a 8800GTs/GTX dunno...

Who

Guess Who's Back

sagargv said:
will hd 2600 beat the 8600GT and wat are their prices and when is 2600 expected in india .

thanks..

well in my opinion i think HD 2600 XT will cost around 12k -14k , while the HD2600 PRO 6k-10k but hey i can't tell you for sure & about HD 2600 pro beating 8600 gt that is also another question that we don't know but i myself think there won't be a huge diffrence between 8600 GT & HD 2600 pro.

praka123

left this forum longback

OK.I contacted rashi Ernakulam(Kochi) and the lady asked whether i need XFX 7300GT 256MB dedicated RAM or shared one?which one should i try?:confused:

Who

Guess Who's Back

sharedone means one with the turbocache , if you have more than 1 GB go with the turbocache one , it may help you get some more fps, but if you have ram like 1 GB or 512 MB don't buy the turbocache model or your games won't run smooth.

here is more info on turbocache,
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TurboCache

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

smit said:
well in my opinion i think HD 2600 XT will cost around 12k -14k , while the HD2600 PRO 6k-10k but hey i can't tell you for sure & about HD 2600 pro beating 8600 gt that is also another question that we don't know but i myself think there won't be a huge diffrence between 8600 GT & HD 2600 pro.
Let me say this straight.The 8600 Gt will beat the HD2600 pro by a moderate margin.Though HD2600 pro has 120 SPs almost 4 times to that of 8600Gt,8600Gt is higly optimized for both DX9 and DX10.Recent reviews show that the HD2900 XT hardly matches the 8800GTX though it has 3 times the stream processors(320 to be precise).All this due to optimization.

Kniwor

Learner

keith_j_snyder2 said:
Dude world is changing,& there is no point of going for DX9 series.If u have buck,then grab the Dx10 duck!!

LOL... you make me laugh...

In my opinion, it makes much more sense to purchase a 7900GS over an 8600GT, and much more sense to purchase a 7900GT/X1800XT over 8600GTS XXX or whatever.

All the games now, or in near future(atleast for next 15 months) will support DX9 very well, a 7900GT/X1800XT will play a DX10(not a typo) game better than a 8600GTS XXX. I have argued earlier on this and I will repeat myself, 8600 will just support DX10, but what's the point if it's not capable of running the game at high eyecandy, a 7900GT will give u better eyecandy than a 8600 anyday. In the end, guys, dont be fooled by the mid-end DX10 cards, for the same money, get a high end DX9 card, or better still, many guys are selling their high-end DX9 card to get 8800's, it's a golden chance grab it(I saw a 7900GT going for 10k??? in market section), the cards will do good for another year, and will be better gaming experience than the 8600 crap, yes, the 8600's are truly crap, if u can afford 8800's that's the stuff to get.

I did the same, got a 7900GT at low cost, and will suggest you guys also not to waste your money. In my opinion, this is the best time to buy a card when the rich guys are selling 7900's/X1800XT's at such low rates, the 8600's don't stand a chance against them, not by a long shot

Last edited:

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

Kniwor said:

In my opinion, it makes much more sense to purchase a 7900GS over an 8600GT, and much more sense to purchase a 7900GT/X1800XT over 8600GTS XXX or whatever.

All the games now, or in near future(atleast for next 15 months) will support DX9 very well, a 7900GT/X1800XT will play a DX10(not a typo) game better than a 8600GTS XXX. I have argued earlier on this and I will repeat myself, 8600 will just support DX10, but what's the point if it's not capable of running the game at high eyecandy, a 7900GT will give u better eyecandy than a 8600 anyday. In the end, guys, dont be fooled by the mid-end DX10 cards, for the same money, get a high end DX9 card, or better still, many guys are selling their high-end DX9 card to get 8800's, it's a golden chance grab it(I saw a 7900GT going for 10k??? in market section), the cards will do good for another year, and will be better gaming experience than the 8600 crap, yes, the 8600's are truly crap, if u can afford 8800's that's the stuff to get.

I did the same, got a 7900GT at low cost, and will suggest you guys also not to waste your money. In my opinion, this is the best time to buy a card when the rich guys are selling 7900's/X1800XT's at such low rates, the 8600's don't stand a chance against them, not by a long shot
See my dear friend.U are not paying attention.If u think from my point of view u will see how right i am.
No doubt that 7900 GT is better than 8600 GT because the 8600 GT is the Dx10 version of 7600 GT.
If u really wanna compare then compare the 8800 GTS with 7900 GT.There u will see the performance.

All i am saying is not everyone is loaded like u.Your config. might cost around 60-70 K but then also no one change their system min. for 1 year....well for almost 3 years.Well in that case if u are saying that everyone should buy a DX9(New Card) then i will say it again ITS A WASTAGE OF MONEY.The Dx10 card can also run DX 9 games asa well as DX 10 game.So if 7900 GT cost around 10K then i will say go for 8600 GT for lesser price.Although its not that performance with 8600 GT as compared to 7900 GT IN DX 9 but u also have the advantage of DX 10.

Well in your words all those guys who have bought the 8800 GTX & GTS are the real LOSERS?
No my friend they are not losers they are the far sighters.

Dude not everyone can change the system like u do.Besides this there is a new thing(which u haven't heard of) "FUTURE PROOFING".
The 8600 GT is the value for money.If u have 10,000/- & u buy a 7900GT & after 1 year u sell it & buy a better card,i think u should save the money for later upgrade like RAM,processor,or any other thing.Besides the 8600 GT is not lagging in any of the game.

But if the 7900 GT is comming for 5-7K then there is no harm in having it rather than 8600 GT.

But still i will suggest all of u people out there that buy 8600 GT rather than 7900 GT because think about SM 4.0,DX 10,and HDR+AA that the 8600 GT can do but no 7900 GT can!!!!!!!

ALL I AM TALKING ABOUT OPTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Who

Guess Who's Back

also in favour of 8600 GT , 8600 GT runs sharder based games much much better than any card from 79 xx series, you can look in any review of the card you will notice 8600 gt out perfoming 7900 GS/GT cards in
rainbow six : las vegas, oblivion, C&C 3

also note : 8600 cards are just a month old, there are no stable drivers out there for it, when the stable drivers will come out , i.e like 3 months from right now , i am sure 7900gs/gt won't even able touch thses cards in shrader based games, sure they will perform faster in games like far cry but that doesn't matter & DX 10 games also run faster than DX 9 games, so going for 8600 series card isn't that bad as you say

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

Smit has another point about drivers but check these reviews:
*www.legitreviews.com/article/486/1/

U will see how the 8600 GTS or 8600 GT is better than 7900 GT.

If u wanna real comparison then compare the 7900 GTX & 8800 GTS(320MB) then u will see the difference.

gannu_rox

In the zone

smit said:
also in favour of 8600 GT , 8600 GT runs sharder based games much much better than any card from 79 xx series, you can look in any review of the card you will notice 8600 gt out perfoming 7900 GS/GT cards in
rainbow six : las vegas, oblivion, C&C 3

also note : 8600 cards are just a month old, there are no stable drivers out there for it, when the stable drivers will come out , i.e like 3 months from right now , i am sure 7900gs/gt won't even able touch thses cards in shrader based games, sure they will perform faster in games like far cry but that doesn't matter & DX 10 games also run faster than DX 9 games, so going for 8600 series card isn't that bad as you say

Up ma A**......
Tomshardware reviews... Go check out dat dude... D only 8 series card tat outperforms mine is 8800gts alrite???

Why o'clockin ur 8600 alone?? Do mine n see hw tats performin as well n talk...

Who

Guess Who's Back

*www.legitreviews.com/article/486/9/

see for yourself 8600 GT beats 7900 GT in rainbow: las vegas without overclocking

*www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTMyNCw2LCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

here is the link where both 8600 GTS cards are beating Ati 1950 pro which is faster than 7900 GT without overclocking.

also, the reason why i said you should because is the most the overclockable card ever built.... don't believe me just the see for yourself
*vr-zone.com/?i=4925&s=1

so my point is future games will be sharder based, therefore 86xxx series will beat 7900 GS/GT cards on the newupcoming games not to mention it uses low power supply :D

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl

Kniwor said:

Ummm .. NO ... a dx9.0c compatible card , whatever it may be .. will NOT be able to render dx10 in any form .. if u have any doubts , try the dx10 samples in the latest directx SDK ...

As far as it goes about performance .. definitely a 7900GT is better than a 8600GTS .. but considering the current situation , its really hard to make a choice ... one gives better performance and no dx10 , while the other has dx10 and less performance .. if dx10 does give a performance boost over dx9.0c , the 8600GTS might be able to get close to a 7900GT , and then a 8600GTS would definitely be better ... but right now , anything like a 7900GT,7950GT is worth every bit of money ..

Top Bottom