Graphics Cards related queries here.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

kapal83 said:
In X-fire your performance may go down due both cards not performing at same speed. But in SLi you can get both the cards running in 16X with ASUS P5N32-SLi

SLi is easier to config and no need for master card like in X-fire.

True but they say the X-Fire is much more stable.People go for the easier option like SLI(just like me) but quite frankly i also never liked the X-fire thing but they say if someone has X-fire X1900XTX & 7900GTX SLI,the X-fire is better.But there are very few people living in X-fire world!

samanvya_ad

Broken In

hi...

i have an ASUS 6600GT 128 Mb n 6000 in hands with SLi mobo... is it better to get another 6600 GT n make an Sli config or should i sell my 6600gt n get 8600 gt

samanvya_ad

Broken In

is it better than 7900 GS.... dont give me the reason that it supports Dx10 ... even 7900 GS is powerful enough to run Dx10 games....
pls help..

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting

samanvya_ad said:
even 7900 GS is powerful enough to run Dx10 games....

umm.. Kind a yes kind a no...

see 7900 doesnt support DX 10 so though the Hardware is powerful but still lack support for DX 10 wont allow u to run a DX 10 game...

now, no Game developer will release a game only in DX 10 version in next 2 years i think, so every game will have DX 9.0c support, so, yes, pratcically we may see, 7900 GT running a game in DX9 better than that same game with 8500 or 8600 with DX 10,

but when one brings the 8800 to the picture, story will change :D

samanvya_ad

Broken In

Choto Cheeta said:
now, no Game developer will release a game only in DX 10 version in next 2 years i think, so every game will have DX 9.0c support, so, yes, pratcically we may see, 7900 GT running a game in DX9 better than that same game with 8500 or 8600 with DX 10,

u got the point...

but then the question is how many of us are rich enought to buy the 8800 series or say 7800 series(when it was released) .... instead a big chunk of gamers is like me who wait for newer technology to come so that the price for older is cut n then buy the older.....

i bought 6600 gt last year... managed with it for 1 year... will get 7900 GS or 8600 Gt now n then manage for one year.... n then may be i will get 8800 gs n so on.....

so currently what is more powerful 8600 GT or 7900 Gs..... cos in few reviews i saw that in Vista 8600 gt is giving lower performance than 7600 gt....

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting

^^

Certainly if u are plaing to upgreade in next one year to buy a 8800 then right now 7900 is the choise, but again, which os u r in ??

Suppose that if gaming is the only reason, then stick with Windows XP and 7900 though Vista will run cool with DX 9.0.....

and in a year yes upgrade to a DX 10 based card... :)

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies

How about Ati X1950 pro ??? Is it good , will it work on Nvidia 430 based chipset motherboard ,what about the cost ??
and X1950 GT ??

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl

samanvya_ad said:
is it better than 7900 GS.... dont give me the reason that it supports Dx10 ... even 7900 GS is powerful enough to run Dx10 games....
pls help..

NO .. 7900GS will never run games under dx10 mode ..

8600GT is not better than the 7900GS in dx9.0c performance .. infact an oc'ed 7900GS can go head to head with a 8600GTS ...

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

Dude world is changing,& there is no point of going for DX9 series.If u have buck,then grab the Dx10 duck!!

samanvya_ad

Broken In

keith_j_snyder2 said:
Dude world is changing,& there is no point of going for DX9 series.If u have buck,then grab the Dx10 duck!!

world changed for optical fibres years ago... but we still use cat5 cable for LAN n networking.... Dx 10 based games will take time... atleast a year or so ... entry of Dx 10 doesn't mean game developers will phase out Dx9 totally... i need performance for my money .... i will be upgrading again next year... till then a new technology will come... how many Dx 10 apps u know....

i heard vista is based on Dx 10 ... but my 6600 GT with 2 GB RAM runs vista ultimate(build 6000) in an ultra cool way .... 2-3 years ago when Dx 9 came out i had gforce 4 mx 440 it very easily used to run Dx 9 games... even few Dx 9b based games used to run on it ....

all i am saying is that i need a card for 1 year... then why go for an infant technology.... let Dx 10 develop for one more year then next year i can buy better thing......

so now tell me which has got more power 8600 GT or 7900GS(it seems from reviews that 7900GS is far more powerful)....

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

I wanna know which is better,a single Nvidia's XFX Geforce 8600 GT XXX with nvidia chipset motherboard(nforce 6) or two AMD ATI Radeon HD 2600 pros in crossfire mode with intel chipset(965/975).I m going to buy a new rig to play the DirectX 10 Games such as Lost Planet Extreme Condition,Crysis etc.The card 8600 has only 32 stream processors whereas a single 2600 pro has 120 stream processors.

please reply quickly.

Last edited:

Who

Guess Who's Back

it depends whether you want to wait or not, look HD2600 has not even released in U.S. so it will take a long time before they reach india, & the pirce will also be a killer so say go with a 8600 GT , to be honest i don't think even 8800 GTX ultra or HD2900 XTX will able to run max settings on high resolution, so i say you buy a 8600 GT & overclock it(runs very stable at 720/860) so you can play games like lost planet (very bad use of DX 10), & company of heroes with the DX 10 patch (looks promising), & upgrade next year to a better card.

on a side note : get a 2 GB of RAM, when i was playing company of heroes on 1 GB of ram the performance test showed i was getting 85 FPS but in the campaign mode i was getting 50 FPS with frequent frame drops until i upgraded to a 2 gb ram of course.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

samanvya_ad said:
world changed for optical fibres years ago... but we still use cat5 cable for LAN n networking.... Dx 10 based games will take time... atleast a year or so ... entry of Dx 10 doesn't mean game developers will phase out Dx9 totally... i need performance for my money .... i will be upgrading again next year... till then a new technology will come... how many Dx 10 apps u know....

i heard vista is based on Dx 10 ... but my 6600 GT with 2 GB RAM runs vista ultimate(build 6000) in an ultra cool way .... 2-3 years ago when Dx 9 came out i had gforce 4 mx 440 it very easily used to run Dx 9 games... even few Dx 9b based games used to run on it ....

all i am saying is that i need a card for 1 year... then why go for an infant technology.... let Dx 10 develop for one more year then next year i can buy better thing......

so now tell me which has got more power 8600 GT or 7900GS(it seems from reviews that 7900GS is far more powerful)....
Agreed
But we are already using optical fibres in out net connections.Its still not common because optic fibre cable is still very expensive.
DVD9 came a long while ago,tell me how many u have burned it through your writer?

See actual thing is u have option now and u have the assets too.So,as i was suggesting that go for better option.
Otherwise its all your money,do whatever u wanna do.Either buy a 8600 or 7600 or burn it in fire or throw it into the bin,its all upto u!

Anyways the 7900 GS is much better than 8600 GT when it comes to performance in DX 9.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

smit said:
it depends whether you want to wait or not, look HD2600 has not even released in U.S. so it will take a long time before they reach india, & the pirce will also be a killer so say go with a 8600 GT , to be honest i don't think even 8800 GTX ultra or HD2900 XTX will able to run max settings on high resolution, so i say you buy a 8600 GT & overclock it(runs very stable at 720/860) so you can play games like lost planet (very bad use of DX 10), & company of heroes with the DX 10 patch (looks promising), & upgrade next year to a better card.

on a side note : get a 2 GB of RAM, when i was playing company of heroes on 1 GB of ram the performance test showed i was getting 85 FPS but in the campaign mode i was getting 50 FPS with frequent frame drops until i upgraded to a 2 gb ram of course.
Thanks.I have heard that the XFX 8600 GT XXX costs Rs8500-Rs10000 where as an AMD ATI HD2600 PRO costs Rs 5000-Rs6500.So actually I would have to pay Rs 10000-Rs12000 for the ATI ones,so the price difference is not so big.The 8600GT came quickly in INDIA shortly after the launch abroad,I hope ATI HD2600 pro will also be soon released.I'll wait for a performance comparison from some reliable sites.Some of the sites tested AMD ATI products on an Nvidia chipset and that does not help.

trigger_happy

Broken In

Hey i'm going in for a Zeebronics X1300 PRO 512MB PCI E CARD, which is supposed to be around 6.6k. I intend to use it mainly for gaming and intend to play stuff like fear and hitman:blood money, does anyone have any suggestions or know of a better product? Thanks.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

trigger_happy said:
Hey i'm going in for a Zeebronics X1300 PRO 512MB PCI E CARD, which is supposed to be around 6.6k. I intend to use it mainly for gaming and intend to play stuff like fear and hitman:blood money, does anyone have any suggestions or know of a better product? Thanks.
Don't go for Ati X1300 PRO cause it's a low end card.The memory does not matter cause it's not powerful enough to use the full memory.In nehru place if u spend a bit more of about Rs1.4k u might get an Nvidia 8600gt 256 mb which better though it has less memory.Another option is to wait as AMD ATI HD2600 pro will cost Rs6.5K when it's released in India.

trigger_happy

Broken In

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

trigger_happy said:
Didn't u get ur answer?????

praka123

left this forum longback

How is XFX 7300GS?is it enough for not so gamers?but needs some multimedia.

Top Bottom