Graphics Cards related queries here.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Yes u are right that white colored slot is PCI.But thats not even X8.Also i never saw anywhere about its speed.They say AGP is better than PCI & PCI-E is better than AGP.There are not much cards that comes for PCI,but u will find a good lsit,but hey don't loose hope .I m sure u will find few PCI cards.
My personal suggestion is buy a motherboard instead of a card,with an onboard graphics.THey are worth rather than a PCI card because after sometime if u wanna sell your card u won't get value for ur card.Otherwise don't buy less than geforce 6200.
Enjoy hunting the card!

kooabs03

Banned

keith said:
u misunderstood me, i wanted a pci-e graphics card which would fit into one of the black pci-e slots

1st pci-e slot = X1
2nd pci-e slot = X8
3rd pci-e slot = X4

RisINg

Broken In

OK , is the Radeon X1300 XT AGP available in India ? If so , then can someone please tell me the retail price ?

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

yeah dude i know that....ok buy any PCI-E card but it won't be running at X16 which usually single PCI-E slots do.Also i m not sure that u will be able to use the card on the slot.THe best way is to borrow the card from your friend & use it for 1-2 hours.

Ray

Precision Processor
8600 gts in kolkata

guys i have been searchin all over kolkata for this 8600gts card with no luck.:( can u please suggest any shops selling it currently in kolkata. i will be buying it in june 07. please help!

saurya_mishra

Broken In

is it true that i sud stick to 128 MB cards in AGP class rather than 256 MB? is the performance difference much? what is the approx price difference? sud i go for 128 MB with another 512 MB ram to add on to the performance?

Thanx

keep_it_rl

Broken In

Guys I have a huge collection of divx files...and i wanna view them on tv....
Which is the cheap and best video card to take video ourtput to my tv.....
and wnt both the s video and rca connector on it

ratzee199

Journeyman
X1950 pro cards

Hello guys..i am just wondering about the
Sapphire X1950 Pro ULTIMATE 256MiB PCIe
Palit 1950pro super 512 MB DDR3
cards...how are they? What's the warranty.I never used ATI based cards before..from vwrious review i saw that these 2 cards, actually outperform 7900 GS and GT..in performance.
Can you please provide me with more details..
where can i get it in MUmbai...and what's the proce for it??

please help....

---------------------------------------

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

The card is a good choice but don't u think its really late to think about "DX9" cards.
Wake up dude,its the beginning of DX10 era!!!
Consider DX10 & if u seriously wanna own an ATi card then take a nap & wake on 14th MAY...hopefully u will see a wide range of DX10 cards & really better than X1950 pro...
I m quite serious dude!!!

keep_it_rl said:
Guys I have a huge collection of divx files...and i wanna view them on tv....
Which is the cheap and best video card to take video ourtput to my tv.....
and wnt both the s video and rca connector on it

The all new nVidia 8500 GT,quite futuristic)!

Last edited:

ratzee199

Journeyman

But if u r looking at the performance for all these 8500 or 8600 cards...u can see that they are...not good enough in performance even 8600 GS's performance is somewhat in between 7600GT and 7900 GT...so what's the catch in here??
Also...i am sure they are future proof..but for how long we have to wait for the reduction of the price?? 8800 is too much costly...
....surely I'll consider that future proof thing...anyway...thanx

keep_it_rl

Broken In

keith_j_snyder2 said:
The card is a good choice but don't u think its really late to think about "DX9" cards.
Wake up dude,its the beginning of DX10 era!!!
Consider DX10 & if u seriously wanna own an ATi card then take a nap & wake on 14th MAY...hopefully u will see a wide range of DX10 cards & really better than X1950 pro...
I m quite serious dude!!!

The all new nVidia 8500 GT,quite futuristic)!

Thx Dude,But not much into gaming so my motive for buying a graphic card is to watch movies on my TV thtsall so i really dnt care bout it being outdated or something just wnna buy a graphic card to connect my tv

monkey

Padawan
Re: 8600 gts in kolkata

Ray said:
guys i have been searchin all over kolkata for this 8600gts card with no luck.:( can u please suggest any shops selling it currently in kolkata. i will be buying it in june 07. please help!

Found it here: *www.yantraonline.in/Product.asp?SubCatId=24

RisINg said:
OK , is the Radeon X1300 XT AGP available in India ? If so , then can someone please tell me the retail price ?

Found AGP X1300 but not X1300XT here: *www.yantraonline.in/Product.asp?SubCatId=38

rahulbalmuri

ωιтн gяєαт gяαρнι¢ѕ......

Hey Can Anyone Suggest Me Where To Buy A Latest Graphic Card For My Hp Pavilion Dv6226us Laptop???????????????

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?

I want to buy a Graphics Card for Windows Vista.

I want to consider the following:
1:- I NEVER PLAY GAMES.
2:- Need to purchase only & only for running Windows Vista Aero features.
3:- DDR2.
4:- 2.0 or 3.0 Pixel Shader.
5:- AGP 8X or PCI.
6:- 128MB
7:- Seventh & Most important,ie; It should be Below Rs 3000.

rahulbalmuri said:
Hey Can Anyone Suggest Me Where To Buy A Latest Graphic Card For My Hp Pavilion Dv6226us Laptop???????????????

u cnt upgrade the graphics card in ur laptop...well in any laptop.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl

emailaatif786 said:

6200 :D ...

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

keep_it_rl said:
Thx Dude,But not much into gaming so my motive for buying a graphic card is to watch movies on my TV thtsall so i really dnt care bout it being outdated or something just wnna buy a graphic card to connect my tv

Yeah i read it in your previous post thats why i suggested 85000 GT.Its more like DX10 version of 7300 GT.Good for HTPC on a 30" LCD,but it will also work as a entry level gaming device....& 8500 GT is an entry level DX10 card.Its better than 7300 GT because of various things(i can't put all details here,u have to find out yourself the difference & performance amoung the two).

emailaatif786 said:

If u are a proud owner of AMD socket AM2,then buy a motherboard with 690G+SB600,its better than any onboard display card & solve your almost all purposes.

OR shift to DX10 range...

Last edited:

quan chi

mortal kombat

well what is the lowest price for dx10 compatable gfx card.is it 30k?

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl

Naah .. 8500GT's are around 5k's ... so that'd be the lowest dx10 graphics card available right now :D ...

Top Bottom