Graphics Cards related queries here.

S

slash_89

Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

hi guys,
i have an nvidia geforce 6150 gpu,
how can i overclock this gpu?

i have installed vista ultimate,
and i have downloaded the latest drivers from the nvidia site,
how do i enable the aero interface?

ancientrites

In the zone

ancientrites said:
guys, just 2day morning i phoned zebronics headquarter(chennai) regarding zebronics 7950gx2 i gb graphic card.schocking reply given by customer care was they were not aware nor no idea about their latest graphic card and couldnt be found in the stock.how humilating it could ve been but peace of mind they also sale leadtek graphic cards which cost 34000+4%tax for leadtek 7950gx2 gb i found it fair enough.finally i m gonna order it from bangalore branch.i feel really happy now.

hehehe quoting myself.with lots of thoughts i decided not to buy 7950 gx2,nor asus board nor updating to core 2 duo processor due to financial crise.

anyways tummorrow or day after i am gonna show you all my new leadtek 8800 gtx card.upgrading graphic card from 6800 gs was must.at present my pc configuration sucks intel p4 2.66 ghz,asus p5n32-sli deluxe mobo,2gb transcend 512*4 ddr2 ram,250 gb hdd,zeb720watts(diamond panther series),creative audigy4 soundcard(with remote control),zebronics cabinet geforce case black,17 inch monitor,rombhus 2.1 speaker,dvd writer.

i know all of you must be thinking why i havent upgraded my good old processor.well not now if i am going to upgrade my processor to intel core 2 duo then i will have to upgrade my mobo too becuase my current mobo will not support core 2 duo processor:(

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

samrulez said:
PCIe or AGP?

Ok..lemme guess..
AGP--->6600GT5.5k or 6600 3.2k
PCIe-->7600GS 5.8k or 7300GT ~4.5k
Thanks, samrulez! So I have to choose between 7300 and 7600. OK. :)

Maverick340 said:
yep i am buying a 7300gt too. Best under the 5K budget
Thanks! :)

ssugadhanam

Right off the assembly line

aravind_n20 said:
@ssugadhanam
If budget is not a problem, then the choice is virtually unlimited.
I think that u have an AGP port. So what u canb have is:

nvidia 6200 256: 2.8k
6600GT: 6k
7300GT: 5.5k
7600GS: 7k
7600GT: 9.5k
7800GT : 13k
7900GS: 13.5k
7900GT : 15k
X1800 Pro : 12k
X1800XT : 14k
X1900 Pro : 16k

These are all estimated price. This may vary lil bit with factors like brand, location, model, bundles etc.

Also if u look for a card above a 7600GT, do consider to again upgrade ur ram to higher like 2GB as 1GB wud be a big bottleneck with high end cards. But ur proccy and memory bandwidth are already bottleneck.
For serious gaming, an overall upgrade is recommented.

Hey man thanks for the info but am not interested in AGP Card `coz i have heard that they share the main memory(AM I RIGHT????). I need and PCIe card and plz let me know if my system will support it or not!!!!!! ( THink u remember my model its HP Compaq d330). Thanks once again for the help.

sabret00the

Youngling

ssugadhanam said:
Hey man thanks for the info but am not interested in AGP Card `coz i have heard that they share the main memory(AM I RIGHT????). I need and PCIe card and plz let me know if my system will support it or not!!!!!! ( THink u remember my model its HP Compaq d330). Thanks once again for the help.

negative - ur computer dosent support PCI E graphics card so u will have to settle down for a AGP 8x GPU instead.

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz

slash_89 said:
hi guys,
i have an nvidia geforce 6150 gpu,
how can i overclock this gpu?

i have installed vista ultimate,
and i have downloaded the latest drivers from the nvidia site,
how do i enable the aero interface?
6150 .. thats the one on a Asus A8N-CMS i think. Well A8N-VM cant be overclocked. not very sure about CSM, i think no but again do confirm.
To enable aero right click the desktop , go under appearances. you should find it there.

xbonez

NP : Crysis

@slash_89
geforce 6150 is the integrated graphics that comes with motherboards with an nVIDIA 6150 chipset (eg. Asus A8NVM-CSM). this is merely onboard graphics so forget about overclocking it since it isn't a dedicated GPU. you could try increasing the shared RAM with ur graphics fromt the bios if u have sufficient ram. or u could try overclocking ur cpu but this won't bring about a major diff in ur graphics subsys

i have a sapphire X1600 pro 256mb DDR2 gfx card which i bought just a week back. i've got rivetuner and use it to overclock my card. during intense gaming like FEAR and NFS CARBON what should the temp of my card be without spoiling it in the long run? also how much should i set my fan duty % cycle at?

Last edited:

Red_Baron

Broken In

I am getting XFX GeForce 8800 GTS XXX Edition 320 MB card from US.
Is 400 watts SMPS good enough for it?

ancientrites

In the zone

Red_Baron said:
I am getting XFX GeForce 8800 GTS XXX Edition 320 MB card from US.
Is 400 watts SMPS good enough for it?
depend upon the brand i did suggest you anything above 450 watts

hey guys heres my new graphic card leadtek px8800 gtx tdh pics.its not clear blame it on my webcam
*i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/jassim_arabi/Frame00008-1.jpg
*i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/jassim_arabi/Frame00007-1.jpg
*i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/jassim_arabi/Frame00006.jpg
*i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/jassim_arabi/Frame00005.jpg
*i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/jassim_arabi/Frame00004-1.jpg
*i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/jassim_arabi/Frame00003-1.jpg
*i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/jassim_arabi/Frame00002.jpg
*i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/jassim_arabi/Frame00001.jpg

i just want to share my happiness with all of you heheheheh

Last edited:

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?

ancientrites said:
*i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/jassim_arabi/Frame00005.jpg[/QUOTE]
What is that black plug here in your FOURTH picture.
Kindly explain?

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

Congrats dude u did a great purchase!!!Well about the power supply i suggest any above or equal 500Watts because the min. requirement is 425 Watt.U should buy a 500+ watt PSU because there will be another components like processor,RAM etc. which need power.So best id to get a PSU of 500 & above.

xbonez

NP : Crysis

i have a sapphire X1600 pro 256mb DDR2 gfx card which i bought just a week back. i've got rivetuner and use it to overclock my card. during intense gaming like FEAR and NFS CARBON what should the temp of my card be without spoiling it in the long run? also how much should i set my fan duty % cycle at?

ancientrites

In the zone

keith_j_snyder2 said:
Congrats dude u did a great purchase!!!Well about the power supply i suggest any above or equal 500Watts because the min. requirement is 425 Watt.U should buy a 500+ watt PSU because there will be another components like processor,RAM etc. which need power.So best id to get a PSU of 500 & above.

thanx keith,well i have zebronics 720 watts.the worry factor is my good old intel pentium 2.66 ghz

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

^^Well its ok,720W is the something on u can run SLI!!!If u wanna upgrade ur processor then wait for the big price slash from INTEL & AMD.Its the end of fiscal year & there is always price cuts after Fiscal ends.Ur processor is not a problem.Well there is a chance of bottlenecking but i don't think so.

wnns13

Broken In

Will Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and Thief III Work On My Computer?

My System:
Nvidia Geforce Mx 4000 PCI (not Express!) (I am getting a ATI Radeon 9250- -PCI Not Express)
256 Ram
Intel Celoron 2.93ghz

Thank You In Advance

T

thunderbird.117

wnns13 said:
Will Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and Thief III Work On My Computer?

My System:
Nvidia Geforce Mx 4000 PCI (not Express!) (I am getting a ATI Radeon 9250- -PCI Not Express)
256 Ram
Intel Celoron 2.93ghz

Thank You In Advance

No, Your system is very slow to play Chaos Theory if not it will never start because you dont have the minimum reqs. Has for thief i think you can play. Iam not sure about it. Also celeron is not all meant for gaming. It mostly meant for office.

Top Bottom