Graphics Cards related queries here.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

sabret00the said:
@ keith_j_snyder2 & ranjan2001 thnx a lot.
Now I have another question,say if my friend brings the card in a packet after taking it out of the box then can he bring it with his hand/cabin luggage...has anyone done this before?I'm scared if he brings it in the baggage compartment the pcb might break due to pressure..u see?Well,I'm not concerned about warranty if I get it very cheap...thnx in advance

Dude,don't even say that u don't need warranty!!!When u buy something expensive or may be non-expensive item,u always need warranty.That card is still costly if u even buy it from US or any other place.I mean the cheapest 8800 GTX is from PNY is $550 & XFX 8800 GTX is for $590 at www.newegg.com I mean this is still lot of money & u sure needs a warranty.

About the breaking of the PCB...kinda a thing.
Well have u ever thought why these companies put their behemoths in those huge packages?
And RANJAN has given a fantastic link for the delievery but that is according to the weight delivery.U know this card is almost 10 inch long & weigh about more than 1000 grams.So this will really heavy product.

Besides this if u buy XFX(because of the warranty & only leading brand in India...welll there are other brands also available but we consider XFX is the best) it will cost u almost 28,000 and here it is for 37000 approx(as per the price lists in hardware price quotes) u will get ur card for almost the same price with all the duties.It will be hardly a couple of thousands here & there.
So,I suggest u should buy it from here(INDIA) only.

alexsylvester07

Right off the assembly line
a little help please

Hi guys,
I have a laptop with c2d processor(T2050), intel 950GMA, 512MB RAM and 120GB HDD. Can i increase my RAM and add a graphics card in a laptop??? will this overheat the system or cause any other trouble. If yes then any suggestions on a good bt not so costly graphics card.

Alex

g_goyal2000

Youngling

Guys & gals, there are a few sites that can tell whether u'r computer can run a game u want. The sites are:
*www.srtest.com
*gameadvisor.futuremark.com/gameadvisor/service/
Instead of posting u'r queries here first, u can all check u'r computers if they are compatible with the games u wanna play.

R

rahul_becks23

hi , whats the official price of a 8800gts 320 mb and 512 mb ( .... !!! ) ........ preferably XFX .........

azad

Broken In

XFX 8800GTS 320MB 25900 Rs
XFX 8800GTS 640MB 31000 Rs
XFX 8800GTX 768MB 37900 Rs

these are prices in mumbai...

@alex, u may be able to increase ur ram if ur laptop has expansion slots, but afaik, its not possible to add a graphics card to a laptop...

Last edited:
R

rahul_becks23

man , the price is still very high ......... have to wait till ATI releases their latest ones ........ or maybe they'll drop the price when they release 8850 series in competition with the R600 ............

xbonez

NP : Crysis

i'm planning to get the ati radeon x1600pro gfx card however i don't know much about the ati chipsets. i'm more aware about nvidia chipsets so could someone plz tell me that the ati x1600pro chipset is at par with or compares with which nvidia chipset.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

ATi has record s of creating value for money cards.Like they perform same as nVidia cards but ATi cards are cheaper than nVidia cards.X1600 pro is a decent card if you are looking for a non-hardcore gaming,I mean mid end gaming.But if u can afford X1650 XT or 7600 GT then i 'll suggest them.

xbonez

what i meant was, the x1600 pro corresponds with which chipset from nvidia?

kapal83

Right off the assembly line
Re: a little help please

alexsylvester07 said:
Hi guys,
I have a laptop with c2d processor(T2050), intel 950GMA, 512MB RAM and 120GB HDD. Can i increase my RAM and add a graphics card in a laptop??? will this overheat the system or cause any other trouble. If yes then any suggestions on a good bt not so costly graphics card.

Alex

Actually, you have a very good laptop config. Anyways, adding goodies will not have any trouble on your overheat coz the entire design of options for laptop are in a way to take care of such basic issues.

Red_Baron said:
If I get a GPU from US can I get warentee here in India?
I am getting XFX GeForce 8800 GTS XXX 320 MB card from US.
In case of any problem can I get it fixed here in India? Or do I
need to send it back to US for repairs?

You may not get warranty in India if you buy from US. Frankly, many products like SONY will not provide warranty in India for products with international warranty if purchased outside India.

The fluctuation of power here in India are more than the US standards. Moreover, the frequency at which the power generators tranfer differ from international setups. Thereofre, there is higher chances of breakdown if those products used in India. Therefore they have to fine tune their products to India or any other Asia Pacific standards.

Last edited:

=CrAzYG33K=

Journeyman

My system setup:
AMD 64 3200+ (skt 939)
ASUS A8V-VM SE
1GB DDR RAM
XFX GeForce 6600 Vanilla PCIE (256 MB)
Windows XP Pro SP2

Variants affecting PSU:
AMD 64 3200+ (skt 939)
1GB DDR RAM (1 Stick)
XFX GeForce 6600 Vanilla PCIE (256 MB)
WD 160GB IDE HDD
1 CD RW Drive and 1 DVD RW drive

My PSU == a pathetic 300W :eek:
I don't have a Floppy Drive (FDD) installed..
But When I plug in my GFX card (If u can call it that!) after some time into booting, XP freezes up.
If I take out the card the PC is just fine..
SMPS doesn't have juice for the GFX card ?? What do you guys think? :rolleyes:

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

^^^ Yeah u r right!!!U need atleast 350 watt pasu,but i suggest get a 500 watt + PSU because if u upgrade ur system in future then u can use the older PSU.

mayanks_098

world is evil

hi frenz.i dont kno anything bout gpu's so i need your guidance coz im planning to buy a graphic card soon.

i wana buy a gpu n my budget is 8-10k.i want it coz graphics r not gud wen i play certain high end games and while operating on vista ultimate,i hv most of its features turned off coz they don show up properly.

my pc spec is:
E-6300, 1GB RAM,945 based mobo,dvd writer,19"lcd,160GB SATA.

now what shud i go 4? r dx10 based cards available in india?

wch card u suggest i need to get my system showng graphics properly wch i need,i.e. gaming n vista enhancing?

wat bout dx9 cards?

also shud i go 4 a ram upgrade+ a dx9 card or a dx-10 card alone? i mean wch wud gv me btr results on vista + games?

n i hv one of my frn in dubai rt nw?r hardware cheaper in dubai? i can ask him to get it 4 me? n also tell me d cost in india in INR

thanks

any advice welcome. Back to top *www.chip-india.com/townsquare/templates/xand/images/lang_english/icon_profile.gif *www.chip-india.com/townsquare/templates/xand/images/lang_english/icon_yim.gif

=CrAzYG33K=

Journeyman

keith_j_snyder2 said:
^^^ Yeah u r right!!!U need atleast 350 watt pasu,but i suggest get a 500 watt + PSU because if u upgrade ur system in future then u can use the older PSU.
Thanx for the suggestion.
How much will a 400W cost?
or a 450W for that?
and how much in second hand?

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

^^^Don't Buy 2nd hand products because they do not have warranty.
Buy a quality PSU like Cooler Master,Antec,Thermaltake,OCZ,Corsair etc.
Few Indian companies are also good like Zebronics,they also make some quality product but i only trust on the above ones(Cooler Master,Antec,Thermaltake,OCZ,Corsair).
I own a Cooler Master 430 Extreme PSU & i m pretty well satisfied with it.

mayanks_098 said:
hi frenz.i dont kno anything bout gpu's so i need your guidance coz im planning to buy a graphic card soon.

i wana buy a gpu n my budget is 8-10k.i want it coz graphics r not gud wen i play certain high end games and while operating on vista ultimate,i hv most of its features turned off coz they don show up properly.

my pc spec is:
E-6300, 1GB RAM,945 based mobo,dvd writer,19"lcd,160GB SATA.

now what shud i go 4? r dx10 based cards available in india?

wch card u suggest i need to get my system showng graphics properly wch i need,i.e. gaming n vista enhancing?

wat bout dx9 cards?

also shud i go 4 a ram upgrade+ a dx9 card or a dx-10 card alone? i mean wch wud gv me btr results on vista + games?

n i hv one of my frn in dubai rt nw?r hardware cheaper in dubai? i can ask him to get it 4 me? n also tell me d cost in india in INR

thanks

any advice welcome. Back to top *www.chip-india.com/townsquare/templates/xand/images/lang_english/icon_profile.gif *www.chip-india.com/townsquare/templates/xand/images/lang_english/icon_yim.gif

I can't say abouthte "DUBAI" topic but as far the Graphics card related,i think ur budget says 7600 GT or X1650 XT.Both are almost same in terms of performance.But 'll suggest that wait until mid-range DX-10 cards launch.Your overall config. is good but all u need a graphics card.

I gave u 2 options,now its your turn to choose!!!

Last edited:

mayanks_098

world is evil

will a decent dx-10 based card fit in my budget of 10k?
if yes what model? will i b able to get a hand on 8600GT in dat budget

xbonez

^^ur ram is definitely adequate. as for he gfx card, u may do well by waiting for dx10 cards. i've heard they've been slated for release sometime this month. should be available in india soon. u might be able to get the 8600gt otherwise u can get the 8500gt. nvidia has announced the costs but they won't be available in the indian markets at those costs. expect to pay a little more

GeForce 8600 GTS -- 256 MB GDDR3, 675 MHz core clock, 1000 MHz memory clock
GeForce 8600 GT -- 256 MB GDDR3, 540 MHz core clock, 700 MHz memory clock
GeForce 8500 GT -- 128 to 256 MB DDR2 or GDDR3, 450 MHz core clock, 700 MHz memory clock

ur ram is definitely sufficient. u can get urself a dx10 card. they're to be released by this month. not sure how much time they'll take to be available in india. check out the following costs. u might not be able to get a 8600gt but will manage a 8500 i think since they sell a little expensive in india

GeForce 8600 GTS -- 256 MB GDDR3, 675 MHz core clock, 1000 MHz memory clock
GeForce 8600 GT -- 256 MB GDDR3, 540 MHz core clock, 700 MHz memory clock
GeForce 8500 GT -- 128 to 256 MB DDR2 or GDDR3, 450 MHz core clock, 700 MHz memory clock

Last edited:

mayanks_098

world is evil

they r expected to be released this 17th worldwide.
we can expect them round middle of nxt mnth in india.

so ill wait 4 a dx10 card rather then a ram + dx9 card goin by advices u ppl gave...
thanks a lot...

Top Bottom