Graphics Cards related queries here.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

For 200$ it is not a good deal, you get X1800XT very close, X1800XL around the same price, and 1900GT for 180$.
AFAIK all these cards are better especially the 1800XT and maybe even 1900GT to a certain limit.

rohit66_99

Right off the assembly line

i have to buy a 512mb graphics.
can u plz plz suggest for which card should i go for
my budget is 7k

samrulez

Cyborg Agent

7K 512MB memory??Why??
Just get a 7600GS 256MB for 8000.....
512MB 73000 should also cost u the same...but performancewise 7600 256MB would outperform the 7300 512MB..

akshayt

Wise Old Owl

256mb Geforce 7600GS GDDR3 only or 6800GS if you get that in your budget.

7600GS may be around 7k

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

Can anyone provide some lonks which compare 7600GT, 7600GS,X1600XTX,X1800Xl etc the cards which ranges from 8k to 13k??

balashome

Hello Akshayt,

I do not know if you have analyzed the Graphics card market in the US deeply - but i did spend close to a month collecting information before putting my money on the HIS X1800 GTO.

For starters, all HIS X1800 GTO cards (well, almost all of them!) can be patched through to become an X1800 XL (via software). This unlocks 16 pipelines and can take you through any of the recent games screamingly. At this point any competition with the 7600 GT should be largely irrelevant.

Second, the card comes with proprietary HIS Ice Q3 cooling and heatsink and is factory overclocked to 520 mhz (admittedly only slight overclocking). Just these two are good value for money. Third, and this does not matter too much, a comprehensive software packet comes with the card - called Platinum Pack as part of the Turbo edition of the card.

Around the same dollar mark, i have the XFX 7600 GT XXX and eVGA 7600 GT CO/KO. These offer 590 and 580 mhz respectively and seriously compete with all other X1800 GTO's except for the HIS one (in my mind). Oblivion is my target game and the X1800 GTO is significantly ahead in that game than the 7600 GT - whether stock or overclocked.

The drawbacks in the stock X1800 GTO card are the heat produced, the slightly higher power consumption and the large size. The heat is taken care of with the custom cooling solution provided by HIS and i have got an ATX cabinet and a 500 W power supply to take care of the other two things.

The nearest X1800 XT (Saphire) comes to $250 plus and that too was only 'Open box'. If the prices were a little nearer, then you are right, it was a closed book decision to buy the X1800 XT. As it is, i think the HIS X1800 GTO is a fairly economical and powerful mid range solution - just slightly better than all the 7600 GTs out there - even the eVGA Superclocked one.

Sorry for the longish post - but the main reason i posted was to find out the Indian price for this card. Is there anybody who can give me information on the price for an HIS ATI Radeon X1800 GTO Turbo edition. If the HIS make is not available, could somebody tell me what a Radeon X1800 GTO costs in the Indian market.

Thank you.

paul_007

Padawan

are AGP 8X slot based GFX card available in the market , if yes which card shud i buy, my budget is budget 10-15k

balashome

Guys,

For all graphic card related reviews, stats and information i found www.gpureview.com to be very useful. It is well organized and has the right information. Apart from that it also links to all the major reviewers like xbitlabs, hardocp, bjorn3d etc.

Kniwor

Learner

balashome said:
Hello Akshayt,

I do not know if you have analyzed the Graphics card market in the US deeply - but i did spend close to a month collecting information before putting my money on the HIS X1800 GTO.

For starters, all HIS X1800 GTO cards (well, almost all of them!) can be patched through to become an X1800 XL (via software). This unlocks 16 pipelines and can take you through any of the recent games screamingly. At this point any competition with the 7600 GT should be largely irrelevant.

Second, the card comes with proprietary HIS Ice Q3 cooling and heatsink and is factory overclocked to 520 mhz (admittedly only slight overclocking). Just these two are good value for money. Third, and this does not matter too much, a comprehensive software packet comes with the card - called Platinum Pack as part of the Turbo edition of the card.

Around the same dollar mark, i have the XFX 7600 GT XXX and eVGA 7600 GT CO/KO. These offer 590 and 580 mhz respectively and seriously compete with all other X1800 GTO's except for the HIS one (in my mind). Oblivion is my target game and the X1800 GTO is significantly ahead in that game than the 7600 GT - whether stock or overclocked.

The drawbacks in the stock X1800 GTO card are the heat produced, the slightly higher power consumption and the large size. The heat is taken care of with the custom cooling solution provided by HIS and i have got an ATX cabinet and a 500 W power supply to take care of the other two things.

The nearest X1800 XT (Saphire) comes to $250 plus and that too was only 'Open box'. If the prices were a little nearer, then you are right, it was a closed book decision to buy the X1800 XT. As it is, i think the HIS X1800 GTO is a fairly economical and powerful mid range solution - just slightly better than all the 7600 GTs out there - even the eVGA Superclocked one.

Sorry for the longish post - but the main reason i posted was to find out the Indian price for this card. Is there anybody who can give me information on the price for an HIS ATI Radeon X1800 GTO Turbo edition. If the HIS make is not available, could somebody tell me what a Radeon X1800 GTO costs in the Indian market.

Thank you.

I would say u made the right move, if someone read my post 2 pages ago, i meantioned that for X1800GTO by HIS and Powercolor the extra pipelines can be unlocked, and they have almost 100% rate, BTW do let us know about the result

Last edited:

akshayt

Wise Old Owl

all your arguments are in vane. X1800XT will be equal or better to any modded and oced 1800GTO. 1800XT costs around 220$ or so and 1900GT costs around 180$. some 1900GT have been converted to 1900XT 256mb, not sure whether they were the same ones or not.

A

AmbarD

hi all
i have a MSI 845 PRO mobo
it supports AGP 2x/4x
can i run a AGP 8x card in it? im getting a AGP Ati 9800 for 5.6K

If i cant run a AGP 8x then i can get a Ati 9250 for 3K
what shud I do?

samrulez

Cyborg Agent

Yes u can plug in a 8X slot but.........it will not performa as it should....so don't waste u r money getting a 9800....
Max u should get is a 5200....

A

AmbarD

here r my specs
Intel 1.5 GHZ proc (socket 423)
MSI 845 Pro mobo
256(128X2)MB RAM
Nvidia Riva TNT2 32 MB GFX Card
40 GB HDD
with a budget of 10 k what all can i upgrade for best possible gaming?
i am also getting 1.8 GHZ 423 socket proc for 2,200
512 MB ram for 2,000
and gfx card for 5,600
im upgrading to this only bcoz im gonna buy a conroe based system after like
6 months from now

mohit

The Hardware Labs

akshayt said:
all your arguments are in vane. X1800XT will be equal or better to any modded and oced 1800GTO. 1800XT costs around 220$ or so and 1900GT costs around 180$. some 1900GT have been converted to 1900XT 256mb, not sure whether they were the same ones or not.

stop posting crap kaputboy ...where do u get those prices from ?

plz link me.

1900gt for 180$ :eek:

as usual all u do is post crap.

see this,
*www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList...09+1067921616&Submit=ENE&Nty=1&SubCategory=48

the lowest priced 1900gt is for 230$

samrulez

Cyborg Agent

AmbarD said:
here r my specs
Intel 1.5 GHZ proc (socket 423)
MSI 845 Pro mobo
256(128X2)MB RAM
Nvidia Riva TNT2 32 MB GFX Card
40 GB HDD
with a budget of 10 k what all can i upgrade for best possible gaming?
i am also getting 1.8 GHZ 423 socket proc for 2,200
512 MB ram for 2,000
and gfx card for 5,600
im upgrading to this only bcoz im gonna buy a conroe based system after like
6 months from now

Well get a new mobo 865...............R u sure it is s423 and not 468.....I don't remember any s423 ........
If it is 468 then get a 865 mobo.......a 6600GT...and 1 gig ram..,..
And u will be done!!

A

AmbarD

Well,
the manual of my mobo says it supports Intel Pentium 4 proc (423 pin package)
heres a line
'The mainboard supports Intel Pent 4 processor.The mainboard uses a CPU socket called socket 423 for easy CPU installation'
dunno what it means........
help me out
thanks

akshayt

Wise Old Owl

i read somewhere, might have been that time, in a sale or something or maybe even open box.

A

AmbarD

Hello?

Hello???????

Last edited by a moderator:

Geforce

Journeyman

@AmbarD

Socket 423 Pentium 4s (Willamette core) were the first P4s to hit the market back then. Then came socket 478 (not 468 ) Northwoods.

Regarding the upgrade i think you should straightaway buy conroe why wait 6 months and waste all your money to upgrade this one. There no point.

None of the component you would buy for this system will be usable for your conroe config.
1) RAM is i think SDRAM (not DDR) again very slow for games (no point in upgrading)
2) Graphics card would again be AGP one so it would be big waste when you move to conroe (supports PCI-e cards).

With 10k in hand i won't recommend you to upgrade this comp, only to buy conroe 6 month later. You will actually be wasting your money now. I think you should save your cash, or get some more to buy conroe.

If you are not going for a completely new system (conroe) then its a whole different story.

Top Bottom