Graphics Cards related queries here.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

7900GT will be around 17-18k at the lowest possible price.

rather getting antec sp350, consider getting cooler master 430 for 2700 or so

7600GT is only for PCI E as of now.

7600GT is much much better than 6600GT or for that matter even better than a 6800GT.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl

Nobody should buy a 6600GT PCI E brand new, rather get a 7600GS for more or less the same price which kicks its ass.
7600GS is around 7k.

Forsa and BIG are the worst brands to opt for, imo.
get xfx, if not then leadtek, if not then asus, it also depends upon importer and all, xfx: best support, from rashi

samanvya_ad

Broken In

then why is ASUS so expensive... and also... BIG n FORSA are dirt cheap... infact much much cheaper than XFX... we can definately find some 7900 series of BIG at price of 7600GT from ASUS....

rskbug

Broken In

BIG and Forsa are Indian companies

but r they reliable ?
and also do they have overclocking potentials ?

Recently read a review of xfx 7300gt ddr2.. the memory and core overlclocked by over 20%
but the Forsa 7300gt, review by anandtech, memory didnot overclock by more than 5 %

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist

rskbug said:
BIG and Forsa are Indian companies
Dude Forsa isn't an Indian brand but a Hong Kong based company which also goes by the name of Geniman International Limited.They are authorised Nvidia solutions and have just recently made their entry into our market offering cards are lower prices.

rskbug

Broken In

I thought Forsa was an Indian company...

But the that doesnot answer my question..
are BIG graphic cards as good as the other well established brands like XFX, Gigabyte etc ?

akshayt

Wise Old Owl

BIG i think doesn't make its own cards, and its prices are not much cheaper than those of the top brands.

samanvya_ad

Broken In

akshayt said:
BIG i think doesn't make its own cards, and its prices are not much cheaper than those of the top brands.

Agreed that products of BIG aren't too great in performance or overclocking but then they are dirt cheap.... Dude when i bought my ASUS 6600GT nearly an 10 months ago i got it for 11900 while at that time BIG's 6600gt was 8900... and performance wise it was little lesser than Asus card.... and as of now... FORSA 7600GS is around 8000 while ASUS 7600GS is around 10000.... I called a dealer in Nehruplace for prices....

hard_rock

Salieri Family

Hi Guyz, I am a very casual gamer. Not a hard core gamer like you people.
I searched and gathered data by searching but thought to get exact graphics card according to my requirements from u experts. So here are my requirements:

1) I dont play games like Doom3,Unreal, Quake which require high FPS.

2) Want to play games like Splinter Cell,Hitman: Blood money, Half Life 2 , NFS Series and Godfather and other games which has good storyline.

3) It is sufficient if it gives even medium performance at 800x600.

4) It must be AGp 8X card (1.5V). I have AMD Athlon XP 2800+, 512MB RAM, Nforce2 ISP chipset motherboard(With onboard Geforce4MX Gfx card).

5)It must be within 6000Rs. And also please mention how much RAM it has. For eg: 6600GT 256MB RAM. If possible mention the price.

Also mention which brand to buy which is available in Bangalore (If you know) like XFX, Nvidia, Ati etc.

Last edited:

samrulez

Cyborg Agent

Get a 6600GT 128MB........it would be under 6k.....the 256MB version would be better....if u can...then go for the 256MB version....

rskbug

Broken In

Hard_rock, you should buy a 7300gt ddr2 card.

Samrulez, 6600gt costs more than 7k.

hard_rock

Salieri Family

Thanx guys, do you know approx. price of 7300GT. Because I searched the forum and got a link. www.computerwarehousepricelist.com
According to it:

256 MB GF 6600 DDR2 -Rs. 5400
128 MB GF 6600 GT DDR3 - 7500
256 MB GF 6600 GT DDR3 - 9100
256 MB GF 6800 GT DDR3 - 9950

so Non GT version of 6600 is cheaper... What is the difference between GT and Non GT versions.. Is there any CONSIDERABLE difference. Can I opt for that... Or will I get 7300 at around same price.

Last edited:

ashfame

Padawan

GT version has higher clock speeds (GPU & memory) which means better performance.
See this
*img462.imageshack.us/img462/340/gfxcardsspecsoh9.jpg

Last edited:

rskbug

Broken In

hard_rock said:
Thanx guys, do you know approx. price of 7300GT. Because I searched the forum and got a link. www.computerwarehousepricelist.com
According to it:

256 MB GF 6600 DDR2 -Rs. 5400
128 MB GF 6600 GT DDR3 - 7500
256 MB GF 6600 GT DDR3 - 9100
256 MB GF 6800 GT DDR3 - 9950

so Non GT version of 6600 is cheaper... What is the difference between GT and Non GT versions.. Is there any CONSIDERABLE difference. Can I opt for that... Or will I get 7300 at around same price.

7300gt ddr2 performance is close to that of the 6600gt's.
the thing is 7300gt ddr2 costs only 5900rs (xfx or msi- nehru place) and 6600gt costs in 7k range.

but if you can buy the ddr3 version.. the go for it.

Last edited:

hard_rock

Salieri Family

Wow... Thanx man for that spec pic. and RSKBUG..So which one will u recommend me the BEST BUY for that money... 7300GT or 6600 Non GT 256MB. How is 6800 GS in comparision with these and how much it costs..

Last edited:

hard_rock

Salieri Family

OK... Will u please tell me the price of 7300GT?
Hey now I checked the model on nvidia website
*www.nvidia.com/page/7300_features.html
Is it only available for PCI-E Express? Coz I have only AGP 8X, 1.5V support. Give me some details...

Last edited:

rskbug

Broken In

hard_rock said:
Wow... Thanx man for that spec pic. and RSKBUG..So which one will u recommend me the BEST BUY for that money... 7300GT or 6600 Non GT 256MB. How is 6800 GS in comparision with these and how much it costs..

7300gt ddr3 .. but its not available right now in India..
only the ddr2 version is available...
if u want to max returns for ur money.. wait for the DDR3.

Top Bottom