Graphics Cards related queries here.

thrash_metal

In the zone
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Now i'm having a option of the company ::

xfx or Leadtek ..... both are at the same price . Has any1 tried Leadtek ? Comments ?

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl

Yupp ... the basic diff. between the 7600GT and the 7600GS is that the former has 1.2ns ddr3 ram while the later has 1.8ns ddr mem. .. Some companies have intoduced 7600GS's with 1.2ns ddr2 ram but those won't be available in india anythime soon ...

kapal83

Right off the assembly line

Today you'll get XFX GF 6600GT 256MB in less than 9K
----------------------------------------------------------------

Sourabh said:
frankly speaking dont buy a graphic card if u wanna go for 5700 LE

u wont achieve anything with it to be frank

else wait and get a 6600GT @ 11.5k ... best deal

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

If I add another graphics card to my existing 6600 GT in SLi mode, will I get significantly better performance? Or should I install 6800XT or 7600 GT. In other words, which out of these three configs will give the best performance:
XFX GeForce 6600 GT 256MB DDR3 x2 (SLi)
XFX GeForce 6800 XTreme 256MB DDR3 XXX edition (what is the price?)
XFX GeForce 7600GT 256MB DDR3 XXX Edition (the price is Rs. 14,000, right?)

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl

Get another 6600GT otherwise your existing one will be wasted.
Wait a sec....your mobo dosen't even support SLI. Only option is to replace your current graphics card. I suggest you stay with your current card for atleast a year more, but if you have to have to upgrade, get a 7600GT.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl

Ur mobo supports SLi ????

On papers .. the 7600GT can beat a 6600GT SLi setup ... but real life performance depends of every other peripheral of the config. ... in ur case . the 7600GT or the 6600GT SLi will be heavily bottlenecked by the processor ...

anilthomas26

In the zone

first lemme give my system config...

amd 64bit 2800+
asus k8n mobo
512mb ram
evga 6800gs 256mb agp

i jst bought my new graphics card......when i tried to uninstall my old graphics card drivers it jst wont happen....the system jst restarts and tell that "the systen has recocered from a serious error"......

so i jst plugged in ma new crad and installed its drivers........

firts i tried playing fear....ther was no much trouble....then when i played again the screen jst flickers......nor can i play any other games...the screen keeps flickering......

i have a sodtware called driver detective.......when i run it it sends ma hardware list to its site and tells me which of my drivers are outdated.......

in the list under the heading "display adapter".......there is the name of my 6800gs and ma previous card.........y is my previous card still there ????

plzzzzzzzzzzz help me guys ........... i really need u ppl.........

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl

first lemme give my system config...

amd 64bit 2800+
asus k8n mobo
512mb ram
evga 6800gs 256mb agp

i jst bought my new graphics card......when i tried to uninstall my old graphics card drivers it jst wont happen....the system jst restarts and tell that "the systen has recocered from a serious error"......

so i jst plugged in ma new crad and installed its drivers........

firts i tried playing fear....ther was no much trouble....then when i played again the screen jst flickers......nor can i play any other games...the screen keeps flickering......

i have a sodtware called driver detective.......when i run it it sends ma hardware list to its site and tells me which of my drivers are outdated.......

in the list under the heading "display adapter".......there is the name of my 6800gs and ma previous card.........y is my previous card still there ????

plzzzzzzzzzzz help me guys ........... i really need u ppl.........

Use driver cleaner ... get it from here :

*downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745

First uninstall the driver normally .. then boot up into safe mode .. launch driver cleaner .. select nvidia and then clean .. then reboot normally and install the driver ...

Were u using the onboard graphic adapter ??? If so then u should disable it from the bios ...

anilthomas26

In the zone

as i said earlier when i uninstall them normally...the comp jst reboots and tells
" the system has recoverd from a serious error" .......

i think that only the display drivers are removed......there r some other drivers from nvidia too........is it necessary that they have to removed too ????

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl

Well ... not necessarily ... like ur mobo driver maybe nForce ones and are not needed to be removed for updating the gpu drivers ...

Anyway .... just boot into safe mode and run dccleaner .... that should remove the drivers anyway ...

anilthomas26

In the zone

thanksa man.........

i thikn i solved the problem..........i jst upgraded ma bios..........

now there aint much trouble.......

thanks anyway..........

rdj_28

I want to buy Geforce 6600 but am not able to understand which should i go for GT or non GT? and morever the confusion is what is AGP and PCI? my budget is upto 6,000 and i want to play these latest games like FEAR,PATH OF NEO,THIEF3,DA VINCI CODE etc. which requires pixel shader.My system configuration is:-

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)

System Manufacturer: INTEL

System Model: D845GBV2

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz, ~2.4GHz

Memory: 254MB RAM

HDD:80GB

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce4 MX 4000
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 128.0 MB

Description: SoundMAX Digital Audio
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Type: WDM
Default Sound Capture: Yes
Default Voice Capture: Yes

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl

Well .. for around 6k's u can get a 6600 256 MB agp i think ... that'll be good enough for all the current games at 1024*768 , medium + high settings ...

rdj_28

how about Palit ATI Radeon X1300PRO? do you know the latest price? and i have to add 256 mb RAM MORE so can you tell me the price of ram also? i am from mumbai and where can i get these cards and ram for best buy in mumbai?

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

deathvirus_me said:
Ur mobo supports SLi ????

On papers .. the 7600GT can beat a 6600GT SLi setup ... but real life performance depends of every other peripheral of the config. ... in ur case . the 7600GT or the 6600GT SLi will be heavily bottlenecked by the processor ...

I know my motherboard doesn't support SLi, I'm planning for a system overhaul.
Which motherboard and processor should I opt for, then?
Please mention the approximate prices alongside too!
BTW, does the amount of RAM affect the frame rates you get when playing games?

Last edited:

well.....try out a 6600 LE card ....i ts availiable inside 6 k pretty easily.....its got decent performance doesnt leave any holes in ur pockets!

akshayt

Wise Old Owl

6600le is crap with useless performance
get second hand 6600gt

Last edited by a moderator:

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United

akshayt said:
6600le is crap with useless performance
get second hand 6600gt

Well you are right, but use some decency in your language, this is a public forum. Reporting to the admins...

Last edited by a moderator:

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl

I know my motherboard doesn't support SLi, I'm planning for a system overhaul.
Which motherboard and processor should I opt for, then?
Please mention the approximate prices alongside too!
BTW, does the amount of RAM affect the frame rates you get when playing games?

Well .. unlike others .. i'd not recommend u a Asus SLi mobo ... get a DFi instead. .. check this link :

*www.theitdepot.com/products.asp?prod=10756

DFI boards are awesome .. and the price of this one is more awesome .. costs about the same as an SLi mobo .. but the performane is much better according to sites like tomshardware etc.

Well .. all the current games require atleast 1 GB to run smoothly ... higher amount of ram not only help stabilize the average fps .. but it removes a lot of stuttering .. if ur indeed building a SLi system .. then make sure u get atleast 2 GB ddr400 ram ...

Top Bottom