Graphics Cards related queries here.

I guess Corona is also somewhat responsible for all this. Supplies have been affected while demand has gone up due to more people staying at home. Then there has been some increase in import duties as well.

This is possibly the worst time to buy a gaming PC. Will probably be cheaper if you bought a console now, then sold it off a year later and bought a gaming PC.
Don't forget crypto miners, they are one of the reasons as well, not the major one though.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
No we all know what is inflation and all that but here prices are more than doubled. What’s the logic behind that?
Exchange rate fluctuations, overinflated MRPs and daylight robbery.

Don't forget crypto miners, they are one of the reasons as well, not the major one though.
Crypto is not the reason for inflated pricing in India. Distributors buy their stock directly from the manufacturers, and not the open market.

Distributors and resellers see demand and see it as a reason to make more money. Distributor might raise the price by 10% for his reseller-partner, and the reseller-partner will pass on that increase to you and also add a portion to their own cut to maintain margins.

It's really messed up.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
It will probably 2022 Q3-Q4
I have never heard of prices for PC components ever falling in India. New models just get introduced at slightly higher prices than the launch price of the previous generation, and one generation older components just get a small 2-5% discount.

The budget stuff probably doesn't even get that much.
THIS!
The prices in India will most likely never return to normal of 2019 and this trend of releasing new models at higher price is already a norm followed by Intel,AMD, nVidia which we all should get used to. I have given up all the hope.

Exchange rate fluctuations, overinflated MRPs and daylight robbery.

Crypto is not the reason for inflated pricing in India. Distributors buy their stock directly from the manufacturers, and not the open market.

Distributors and resellers see demand and see it as a reason to make more money. Distributor might raise the price by 10% for his reseller-partner, and the reseller-partner will pass on that increase to you and also add a portion to their own cut to maintain margins.

It's really messed up.
I have seen people in FB groups in India with small PC sellers ready to buy 4x RTX 3060 for 2 lakhs. Miners have contributed their share to global demand of GPUs, but as I said earlier, it isn't one of the major reasons (which were listed earlier as covid related demand spike & supply issues). India was never a big market, so global stuff affects us & greedy people just making money.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.

Remember when this thing used to happen with onions and tomatoes, now it happens with GFX card.

setanjan123

In the zone
I am so glad I picked up my GPU in December
I had half a mind to wait for cheaper Zen 3 and RDNA 2 parts. I'd still be waiting now.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
^true. In Jan starting I was also planning to get 1660Super at normal price or 3060Ti FE. At this point nothing is at normal price and stock was limited and I am frustrated and paranoid. Then I ordered 1050Ti at the end of Jan 2021, immediately after hearing US is imposing more tax on GPUs which resulted in higher prices in US. 2 weeks later everything is out of stock or very costly in India. I was having buyer's remorse for 2 weeks but not anymore.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I think prices will be normal one day ? Remember when the hard drive prices were overinflated once due to flood and once when RAM prices were atrocious.
It will eventually return to normal.

setanjan123

In the zone
I think prices will be normal one day ? Remember when the hard drive prices were overinflated once due to flood and once when RAM prices were atrocious.
It will eventually return to normal.
Funny you mention hard drives. There is a new crypto on the horizon. I think it was called Chia or something. Basically it uses Proof of Space instead of proof of work for its blockchain needs. So instead of massive computing power, it's storage that is needed. Hard drive prices in China are already soaring. I think HDDs will be targeted more since SSDs have less GB per dollar.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
What should be the normal price for 3060 and 3060ti in India?
The cards that are going for 50-55k are they cheap or should they be cheaper?

setanjan123

In the zone
What should be the normal price for 3060 and 3060ti in India?
The cards that are going for 50-55k are they cheap or should they be cheaper?
3060 should be ideally 30-31k and 3060 Ti should be max to max 40k. But that's pre shortage prices. Right now if you can get a 3060 Ti at 55k that's an extremely good deal. 3060 too but to a much lesser extent. 3060 isn't that great of a value tbh.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
*www.primeabgb.com/online-price-rev...b-gddr6-graphic-card-tuf-rtx3060-o12g-gaming/

Anyone asked for the price yet?

What is an ideal price for 5700xt and rx580? Which nvidia cards do they compare to?

*www.primeabgb.com/online-price-rev...b-gddr6-graphic-card-tuf-rtx3060-o12g-gaming/

Anyone asked for the price yet?

What is an ideal price for 5700xt and rx580? Which nvidia cards do they compare to?
5700XT is similar to RTX 2070S or RTX 3060 & RX580 is similar to GTX 1060 or 1650 Super.

3060 at even 55k is considered good these days.

Top Bottom