Graphics Cards related queries here.

gameranand

Living to Play
I think u misunderstood 1% lows

Don't expect the 2070 mini to last longer than 3-4 years, at which point u might have to upgrade again
Thanks for the video, this kind of benchmark is new to me. Didn't knew about it.
Like I said, I don't play latest games. So it'll go on till it dies. Will consider upgrading my CPU in future perhaps to get better performance.

Thanks for the explanation. I really appreciate it.
I don't plan on upgrading until I need to or product dies. I may buy a monitor for 1440p gaming. And 1% drop in FPS is not much to spend 50K on upgrading.
I am buying this GPU because my 970 died few days ago. But 970 was not able to get me a few games at highest settings on 1080p. But as I said earlier, I'm a patient gamer. Also I don't like to upgrade too often.
This is why I am thinking of buying this GPU as it seemed VFM for the price and performance.
Those were the days when I spent lacs for PC and games but now life does not allow this.

Please give your valuable suggestions considering these things.
Currently, a R5 3600(15.5k) + AsRock B450 Pro4(7k) + 2x8GB RAM(7k) will cost 29.5k or so. So R5 4600 + B550 + 2x8GB can be had for 35k or so, not 50k, unless you go for Ryzen 7.

As I said earlier, RTX 2070 is a good value at 32k but surely lower-end GPUs will have a better value in terms of fps/money. 2070 will last for a few years provided you are willing to reduce resolution & quality. It might get 60fps in demanding games at 1080p low after maybe 4-5 years.

At 1440p, bottleneck will be lower. You can always reduce quality a bit to help with more consistent fps, also fps locks will help. A good 1440p 144Hz monitor costs 25k, like Acer Nitro 27" or LG 32GK650F.

CPU GPU scaling 1440p.png

Something tells me that as soon as the Corona Quarantine is lifted these 2070 GPUs will fly off the shelf and become out of stock.
Should i purchase them in advance and wait for the delivery after the quarantine has been lifted ?
Or wait for more price drops.

Something tells me that as soon as the Corona Quarantine is lifted these 2070 GPUs will fly off the shelf and become out of stock.
Should i purchase them in advance and wait for the delivery after the quarantine has been lifted ?
Or wait for more price drops.
Can't say, surely there's a chance it might actually sell out or stores might create artificial demand.

ASUS RX 5700XT is Rs 36,000
Zotac RTX 2070 is Rs 31,600

Should i get Nvidia or AMD here?
Btw, in foreign countries the RX 5700XT is cheaper compared to RTX 2070. Why so?

Not necessarily, it may also be due to their distributors or tax structure for their products here.
Whatever be the reason, the price difference between 5700XT & 2070S in the US is not reflected here. I usually see former at 40k & latter at 45k, so don't recommend 5700XT here ( with deals, etc, they get up to 4-5k cheaper).

toshar

New to this forum
Hello All
I am looking for a better GPU for my PC. Confused between GTX 1660 6GB (2019, particularly new) and RX590 8GB (2018), both costing more or less 17k.
I am using CM Thunder 500w PSU and currently using Sapphire R7 260X 2GB.
Another option I have is to get used Sapphire RX 580 8GB Pulse with 8 months warranty left for 10k. I don't know the OCed history of card or if its user abused it, I mean I just don't know the criteria of checking an old card. I don't mind buying a new card for more money but saving money anyways is a good option.

I don't play games much, but when I do, I make sure they run smooth and at best possible settings at 1080p.
I like Battlefield, COD, Hitman and most FPS Games, there is no particular taste. And yes, I can still get the card in a week in this lockdown.
Thanks. :)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am looking for a better GPU for my PC. Confused between GTX 1660 6GB (2019, particularly new) and RX590 8GB (2018), both costing more or less 17k.
Another option I have is to get used Sapphire RX 580 8GB Pulse with 8 months warranty left for 10k.
Leaving aside other things I will suggest you to first buy corsair CX550 psu before getting any of these cards.
@SaiyanGoku @omega44-xt

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I don't play games much, but when I do, I make sure they run smooth and at best possible settings at 1080p.
I like Battlefield, COD, Hitman and most FPS Games, there is no particular taste. And yes, I can still get the card in a week in this lockdown.
Since you don't play games much, then a 6GB VRAM card will be more than enough to game on 1080p settings.
But first upgrade the SMPS to Corsair or Seasonic

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hello All
Another option I have is to get used Sapphire RX 580 8GB Pulse with 8 months warranty left for 10k. I don't know the OCed history of card or if its user abused it, I mean I just don't know the criteria of checking an old card. I don't mind buying a new card for more money but saving money anyways is a good option.

Hold off on any CPU/GPU purchase for now. FX6300 might be a bottleneck.

Leaving aside other things I will suggest you to first buy corsair CX550 psu before getting any of these cards.
@SaiyanGoku @omega44-xt
His CPU might be a bottleneck.

toshar

New to this forum
Ha ha.. I had my fingers crossed that no one points out my FX6300 but you guys did. The X person I know has his hands on the GPU mentioned above i.e. inno 1660 and Giga RX590 only and he can provide me one of my choice within a day or two. I can't have CPU upgrade till lock down ends as I have to search for it (8350 probably).. No idea about PSU upgrade as I thought shady CM 500w Thunder would be sufficient. Ram is arranged and total would come out to be 12GB HyperX DDR3 in total.
So as of now it would look like - FX6300 + 12gb D3 + 1660/RX590 + CM Thunder 500w + Giga 970 DS3P
after lockdown I can upgrade CPU and PSU.
From the youtube comparison videos, both GPU give almost equal FPS with AMD sucking more power. Comments section is also full with RX 590 preference.

toshar

New to this forum
I was in full mood to buy a new GPU with more vram and shortlisted RX 590 + PSU + used FX 8350 OR GTX 1660 super + FX 8350 both costing more or less same but didn't found anything (particular models) anywhere in the market. Even the 1060 6gb variants were on there edge in neheru place market. Most of things were out of stock as there was literally no stock left with SMC, Computer Empire, Cost to Cost stores just after lockdown. Sadly bought a 1060 from amazon for 14k and they sent me a wrong variant, upon returning it seller said the thing I am asking for is out of stock.

Few days later I found a local guy selling Sapphire Pulse RX 570 4GB and the deal was fixed in 7k with 10 months warranty left. I checked it thoroughly right there on furmark, gpu z and found it OKAY. Compared it with my R7 260x 2GB and the new card is 4 times faster in furmark.
RX 570 consumes only 20 watts more at 130w then my r7 260x (110w) at full load, both running at 70* Celsius degree max.
I couldn't find any deal on FX 8350 thus using my FX 6300 with Hyper 212X, not OCed. Ram is 12 gigs D3 HyperX

Now
Using MSI afterburner stats
I keep Vsync always ON. COD WW, IW, Battlefield 5 all running at 60fps, ultra settings, they all go above ~100 fps with random line screen tearing if Vsync off.. GPU usage flies around 70-100%
But CPU usage rarely goes to 100% and I guess thats why few games like Hitman Absolution, Hitman2016, Hitman 2 runs at 25-45 FPS, rarely touches 60 frames. COD MW remastered was running at 10-12 fps !!!!! and only goes beyond 60 with super sampling off. ( I don't mind keeping it off or at 4x)
Same for the Mafia 3, FPS struggles. I have attached Images.
I checked BIOS if CPU performance is limited but everything seems fine to me.
I can play games if settings are at ultra and FPS is above 40 constant but why CPU utilization for some games not maximum.

Battlefield 5
B5.jpg

Hitman Absolution
HM.jpg

Mafia 3
M3.jpg

COD Modern Warfare Remastered
MWR.jpg

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can play games if settings are at ultra and FPS is above 40 constant but why CPU utilization for some games not maximum.
I am not a gamer but my guess is this has something to do with drivers(which windows version are you using) &/or ddr3 ram.

P.S. Is Nehru Place open now?

I was in full mood to buy a new GPU with more vram and shortlisted RX 590 + PSU + used FX 8350 OR GTX 1660 super + FX 8350 both costing more or less same but didn't found anything (particular models) anywhere in the market. Even the 1060 6gb variants were on there edge in neheru place market. Most of things were out of stock as there was literally no stock left with SMC, Computer Empire, Cost to Cost stores just after lockdown. Sadly bought a 1060 from amazon for 14k and they sent me a wrong variant, upon returning it seller said the thing I am asking for is out of stock.

Few days later I found a local guy selling Sapphire Pulse RX 570 4GB and the deal was fixed in 7k with 10 months warranty left. I checked it thoroughly right there on furmark, gpu z and found it OKAY. Compared it with my R7 260x 2GB and the new card is 4 times faster in furmark.
RX 570 consumes only 20 watts more at 130w then my r7 260x (110w) at full load, both running at 70* Celsius degree max.
I couldn't find any deal on FX 8350 thus using my FX 6300 with Hyper 212X, not OCed. Ram is 12 gigs D3 HyperX

Now
Using MSI afterburner stats
I keep Vsync always ON. COD WW, IW, Battlefield 5 all running at 60fps, ultra settings, they all go above ~100 fps with random line screen tearing if Vsync off.. GPU usage flies around 70-100%
But CPU usage rarely goes to 100% and I guess thats why few games like Hitman Absolution, Hitman2016, Hitman 2 runs at 25-45 FPS, rarely touches 60 frames. COD MW remastered was running at 10-12 fps !!!!! and only goes beyond 60 with super sampling off. ( I don't mind keeping it off or at 4x)
Same for the Mafia 3, FPS struggles. I have attached Images.
I checked BIOS if CPU performance is limited but everything seems fine to me.

Battlefield 5
View attachment 19136

Hitman Absolution
View attachment 19137

Mafia 3
View attachment 19138

COD Modern Warfare Remastered
View attachment 19139

IMO, the CPU is actually weak for even RX570. Not sure why CPU utilization is not high though.

Do update GPU drivers, hopefully, you are using Win10. Don't hesitate to lower graphics settings when required. Even I reduce some settings to get consistent 72fps on my laptop. If games are running close to 60fps, don't think much, just enjoy the games.

toshar

New to this forum
@whitestar_999 @omega44-xt Yes, its a clean install Windows 10 with all the updates. All necessary drivers are from official websites. All required files likes DirectX, NetFramework, Visuall C++ are installed with power profile optimized for max performance. Games running good but CPU utilization hovers around 60%, sometimes go near 100.
In COD MW remastered, Ultra settings with Max Supersampling drops the FPS and CPU usage to 12 fps and 10% respectively but both reaches 60 as soon as I lower supersampling. Everytime it looks like processor just denies to work even a bit when it detects SuperSampling type of things instead of working hard and get backs to work egoistically when I lower that particular setting. All though that SS at max doesn't improve anything visually to naked eyes when everything else is set to ultra.
Upon looking for same on google, there are registry settings for CPU usage for various windows task but no related content for games.
Yes, one or two tweaks in advance graphics settings make frame go beyond 100 fps easily without affecting overall visuals. But does that mean my processor is still working good and doesn't need a replacement with FX 8350 which is atleast 40% faster and nowhere to found anywhere for good price.

Yes, 99% of Neheru place market is open. Better to ask your known persons there for particular stocks before stepping out. :)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
@whitestar_999 @omega44-xt Yes, its a clean install Windows 10 with all the updates. All necessary drivers are from official websites. All required files likes DirectX, NetFramework, Visuall C++ are installed with power profile optimized for max performance. Games running good but CPU utilization hovers around 60%, sometimes go near 100.
In COD MW remastered, Ultra settings with Max Supersampling drops the FPS and CPU usage to 12 fps and 10% respectively but both reaches 60 as soon as I lower supersampling. Everytime it looks like processor just denies to work even a bit when it detects SuperSampling type of things instead of working hard and get backs to work egoistically when I lower that particular setting. All though that SS at max doesn't improve anything visually to naked eyes when everything else is set to ultra.
Upon looking for same on google, there are registry settings for CPU usage for various windows task but no related content for games.
Yes, one or two tweaks in advance graphics settings make frame go beyond 100 fps easily without affecting overall visuals. But does that mean my processor is still working good and doesn't need a replacement with FX 8350 which is atleast 40% faster and nowhere to found anywhere for good price.

Yes, 99% of Neheru place market is open. Better to ask your known persons there for particular stocks before stepping out. :)
You are using a SSD as a boot drive, right? Don't run on ultra, use high or medium instead. Ultra setting is great for screenshots but isn't worth the performance hit.

Top Bottom