Graphics Cards related queries here.

kashyap1507

Broken In
RX470 8GB is best for 1080p gaming. Especially Sapphire RX470 8GB Nitro+ OC @ 20.5k or HIS RX470 8GB IceQ X2 Turbo @ 19.5k are best. HIS has 6 power phases & good heat sink compared to Sapphire which has 5 power phases.
Thanks What About Temperatures.

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

supergamer

supa supa
how would a gtx 650 1gb compare to a 2gb gt 730 v2 in terms of performance?

gtx650 is faster but only 1GB vRAM is a prob.. some games have major issues with lack of vRAM.
Games like ACUnity, Syndicate, Arkham Knight will run at single digit fps even at lowest settings.
Newer games will only make things worse.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
gtx650 is faster but only 1GB vRAM is a prob.. some games have major issues with lack of vRAM.
Games like ACUnity, Syndicate, Arkham Knight will run at single digit fps even at lowest settings.
Newer games will only make things worse.

As if GT 730 will perform better in those games than GTX 650 :facepalm:

quicky008

Technomancer
^thanks everyone for posting your valuable feedbacks.I was thinking of buying an used 1gb gtx 650 from someone for 2.5k-i already have a gt 730 in my system,so i was wondering whether upgrading from 730 to 650 would be worthwhile or not.

And i don't plan on using it to run newer & more demanding titles that require more Vram-my primary usage will be to run titles that are a few years old like Fear 3,prince of persia,arkham asylum etc which cause some stuttering when i try to play them on my gt 730 at 900p-will a gtx 650 be able to provide increased frame rates & a better overall performance in those games?

supergamer

supa supa
^thanks everyone for posting your valuable feedbacks.I was thinking of buying an used 1gb gtx 650 from someone for 2.5k-i already have a gt 730 in my system,so i was wondering whether upgrading from 730 to 650 would be worthwhile or not.

And i don't plan on using it to run newer & more demanding titles that require more Vram-my primary usage will be to run titles that are a few years old like Fear 3,prince of persia,arkham asylum etc which cause some stuttering when i try to play them on my gt 730 at 900p-will a gtx 650 be able to provide increased frame rates & a better overall performance in those games?

gtx650 has same core count (384kepler) as gt730 v2.. but double the bandwidth.
Performance gains will be nominal and 2.5k is decent cost for it.. however you're still stuck with only 1GB vRAM.
Ideally your next minimal upgrade should be gtx750 2GB, gtx750ti 2GB, R7 250 2GB

chimera201

Wise Old Owl

Which version of GT 730 do you have. There are 3 versions: GTX 650 > GT 730(64-bit, GDDR5) > GT 730(128-bit, GDDR5) > GT 730(128-bit, DDR3).
Still the best thing to replace with would be GTX 750 or better.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I don't know whether it's an illusion or real.

Different graphic unit gives different colour/contrast/brightness and all?
Products in question are intel iGPU (gma 950 of Pentium E2160 vs GT 710)

I am not sure, it seems like GT 710 is less contrasty/punchy, softer, kinda hazy/little dull, unread messages are bolder than before.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
I don't know whether it's an illusion or real.

Different graphic unit gives different colour/contrast/brightness and all?
Products in question are intel iGPU (gma 950 of Pentium E2160 vs GT 710)

I am not sure, it seems like GT 710 is less contrasty/punchy, softer, kinda hazy/little dull, unread messages are bolder than before.

Are you using HDMI? There was some issue with Nvidia cards sometime ago.
Nvidia cards don't display full RGB color via HDMI—here's a fix | PC Game

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Are you using HDMI? There was some issue with Nvidia cards sometime ago.
Nvidia cards don't display full RGB color via HDMI—here's a fix | PC Game
Yes, I am using HDMI.
I thought I was imagining it, seems like there is a problem when I started reading the link. I checked that HDMI test image and I could see two whites and two blacks :( And nVidia updated their driver couple of years back (going by the link) and mine is updated to the latest version. Still I don't know.
I have downloaded the fix. Will see if I could see any difference after trying that...

Thank you [MENTION=311809]chimera201[/MENTION]

- - - Updated - - -

Wow!!! It worked. What they were saying, they fixed it? No, even the latest driver didn't. Wish I took before and after photos.

But why still my unread messages are bolder than before? Did I screw up with the settings?

Thanks again.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Yes, there is a difference in displaying colors while using HDMI or DVI cables even using latest Nvidia drivers in my monitor, IE. Dell ST2220L LED.

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

mayurthemad

Broken In
Hmm, so anyone can recommend a GPU + full HD monitor that can work with my config within 20K ?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

quicky008

Technomancer
Which version of GT 730 do you have. There are 3 versions: GTX 650 > GT 730(64-bit, GDDR5) > GT 730(128-bit, GDDR5) > GT 730(128-bit, DDR3).
Still the best thing to replace with would be GTX 750 or better.

Mine is a gt 730 2gb ddr3(64 bit with 384 cuda cores).I have decided not to invest in a gtx 650 for now-also the person from whom i was supposed to buy it jacked up its price to 4900 suddenly for no rhyme or reason!! Buying such an outdated gpu for 5k would have been akin to highway robbery.Besides used gtx 750ti gpus are available nowadays for roughly the same price.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, so anyone can recommend a GPU + full HD monitor that can work with my config within 20K ?

Get an used Gtx 960 for 8-9k and a 22" Lg/samsung monitor to go with it.

mayurthemad

Broken In
Mine is a gt 730 2gb ddr3(64 bit with 384 cuda cores).I have decided not to invest in a gtx 650 for now-also the person from whom i was supposed to buy it jacked up its price to 4900 suddenly for no rhyme or reason!! Buying such an outdated gpu for 5k would have been akin to highway robbery.Besides used gtx 750ti gpus are available nowadays for roughly the same price.

- - - Updated - - -

Get an used Gtx 960 for 8-9k and a 22" Lg/samsung monitor to go with it.
Won't the gtx960 bottleneck or should I buy a 1050ti ?? Plz help guys

quicky008

Technomancer
Getting the 1050 is definitely a good idea,try to get the Ti version if u can.Performance wise,there's not much of a difference between a 4gb gtx 960 & a 1050ti.

Top Bottom