Graphics Cards related queries here.

Sankalp

Journeyman
Hi guys

this the config of my old pc
Athlon64 3000+, MSI K8N Neo Platinum (nforce 3 250gb)( agp 8X), GeForce 5200 128MB, 512 MB RAM @ 400 MHz

I wanna change the graphics card. ne suggestion abt which graphics card 2 go for. I have a budget of 5000 bucks max. Also kindly specify the manufacturer of the 3d acc. card.

Thanks in advance

Incinerator

Broken In
@Sankalp : If you don't mind going for used cards, there's nothing like a 9800 pro. It should cost you under 5k and will give you best bang for your bucks. Finding a used one would be difficult but its worth the effort :)

Also please make sure you have a decent PSU to support ur new AGP card.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Incinerator said:
@Sankalp : If you don't mind going for used cards, there's nothing like a 9800 pro. It should cost you under 5k and will give you best bang for your bucks. Finding a used one would be difficult but its worth the effort :)

Also please make sure you have a decent PSU to support ur new AGP card.

9800pro or 9800XT, that should be suffcient. Both has 256-bit memory interface. I forgot other details, lol... :lol:

mj_undahood

Broken In
ey ppl,

been surfin thru and found out bout the 7600 gt
its suppose to replace 6600gt and performs a little better than 6800 gs and is in the same price tag.

i read about the xfx 7600 gt 256 mb xxx edition for $219

is anybody in on this card would like to know more about the performance coz wanna upgrade from my 6600gt

soumya

In the zone
the best 8x geforce agp card under Rs. 3200 /-.i need to buy such a card.can u guys tell me d options.thanks.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
soumya said:
the best 8x geforce agp card under Rs. 3200 /-.i need to buy such a card.can u guys tell me d options.thanks.

man u asked the same questing what i was about to ask... :D :D yes what would be the best choice?? in a budget of more or less Rs. 3200 /-

Qwerty Maniac did suggested to go for nvidia 6200... but what exact model...?? i went to the xfx site to see... but there r many option.... i am confuse....

also any thing over ATI??

pls help... :roll: :roll:

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
saurav_cheeta said:
soumya said:

man u asked the same questing what i was about to ask... :D :D yes what would be the best choice?? in a budget of more or less Rs. 3200 /-

Qwerty Maniac did suggested to go for nvidia 6200... but what exact model...?? i went to the xfx site to see... but there r many option.... i am confuse....

also any thing over ATI??

pls help... :roll: :roll:

Ya, I also went through the site, it has many choices. But just make sure that it has 128-bit memory interface and does not have turbocache memory. Turbocacche means that it sheres memory from the system RAM. You will then have fewer choices with 256MB DDR/DDR2 memory. Remaining choice is in your budget.

paul_007

Padawan
hi guys,

i want to know what is the difference between 16X and 1X PCI express slot, suppose if i buy a PCI express graphic card then in which slot it should be attached?

i am also planning to buy absolutely new PCI express card,i first thought of 7800 256 MB GTX card but on enquiry dealer told me that they dont keep expensive card but they will bring it for me if i place an order and give them advance, the approximate price mentioned 2 me is 32- 33 K , pls tell me is this price correct?

but then i thought, isn,t it sensible to buy frm online store , absolutely latest top of the line ATI X1900 512 MB card which is much better than 256 MB 7800 and also it is cheap ( 599 dollars)

pls help me 2 decide

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
paul_007 said:
hi guys,

i want to know what is the difference between 16X and 1X PCI express slot, suppose if i buy a PCI express graphic card then in which slot it should be attached?

i am also planning to buy absolutely new PCI express card,i first thought of 7800 256 MB GTX card but on enquiry dealer told me that they dont keep expensive card but they will bring it for me if i place an order and give them advance, the approximate price mentioned 2 me is 32- 33 K , pls tell me is this price correct?

but then i thought, isn,t it sensible to buy frm online store , absolutely latest top of the line ATI X1900 512 MB card which is much better than 256 MB 7800 and also it is cheap ( 599 dollars)

pls help me 2 decide

From which online store do you want to buy? FYI, newegg and amazon (or any other) don't ship computer parts to India. I am assuming you stay somewhere in India. I suggest you buy from your local dealer. But the price quoted is a bit high. Rashi told me Rs.29500 plus tax for XFX 7800GTX 256MB.

paul_007

Padawan
From which online store do you want to buy? FYI, newegg and amazon (or any other) don't ship computer parts to India. I am assuming you stay somewhere in India. I suggest you buy from your local dealer. But the price quoted is a bit high. Rashi told me Rs.29500 plus tax for XFX 7800GTX 256MB.

yeah u r rite , but actually my father is in US 4 six weeks, on his official tour, so he will buy and bring it when he returns. So should i go for ATI X1900?

and what about 16X, 1X and 4X PCI express slot??

thnx 4 reply

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
digitized said:
Ya, I also went through the site, it has many choices. But just make sure that it has 128-bit memory interface and does not have turbocache memory. Turbocacche means that it sheres memory from the system RAM. You will then have fewer choices with 256MB DDR/DDR2 memory. Remaining choice is in your budget.

OK... 2 thing that i came to know from ur post...

1. Card must have 128-bit memory interface
  2. Shouldnt have turbocache memory.

thnx.... :p

but the fact is.... i am still at complete darkness... pls specify few model name... otherways its wild shooting for me.. :roll:

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
GUys I have 2.66 , Asus P5rd1 vm board..
768 mb ram
board is having pci x16 slot in it..
PLz kindly suggest me a good graphic card at abt 5000 bucks..
I play games like popt2t, need for speed most wanted..
my board is having in built x200 with radeon 9600 gpu integrated.
This all games work fine @ 800*600 at medium effects..
so is buying a new graphic card worth..
or i shld invest tht amunt in furter increasing RAm...

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
saurav_cheeta said:
digitized said:

OK... 2 thing that i came to know from ur post...

1. Card must have 128-bit memory interface
  2. Shouldnt have turbocache memory.

thnx.... :p

but the fact is.... i am still at complete darkness... pls specify few model name... otherways its wild shooting for me.. :roll:

XFX GeForce 6200 256MB DDR TV DVI (PV-T43L-UA)
:)

This is AGP 8X, having 128-bit memory and does not have turbocacche memory. Hope you find it.

mav3r1ck

Broken In
paul_007 said:

yeah u r rite , but actually my father is in US 4 six weeks, on his official tour, so he will buy and bring it when he returns. So should i go for ATI X1900?

and what about 16X, 1X and 4X PCI express slot??

thnx 4 reply

@paul_007,

i would suggest u go for an NVIDIA 7900GT/GTX. these are not available in india yet. these cards are comparable to ATI 1900XT/XTX but are less costly than ATI. 7900GT is available at newegg for $299. GTX should cost u max $500. saved u some dollars, didn't i? :wink: what makes these cards stand out from ATI 1900XT/XTX is that these are lighter, less power hungry and much cooler than ATI cards. these cards are inserted in a PCIE X16 slot(usually brown or black colored) of ur mobo. the PCI slots are the ones which are usually white in color. also the length of PCIX16 slot is more than the length of a PCI slot. BTW which mobo do u own?

where in india do u stay paul. i too wanted an AGP 4x/8x ATI X1600 pro card but this is rarely available here. can u purchase this card for me from the US. i will of course pay the price. but before that i have to know what it will cost me in rupees. i checked newegg and found out this link

*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102665

cool card at a cool price its approx $120 + $5(shipping). my budget is max Rs 6000/- and i think this one fits in perfectly. also tell me if u could buy this card for me my email address is manishnair123@yahoo.co.in
plz help me and reply either at my mail address or here only.

myhotdog

Journeyman
Hi people, i have an Intel 845GVSR MainBoard
It has no PCi-e slot and not even an AGP slot too!
So, i wanna buy a PCi Video Card!
Please tell me the Best PCI Video Card with a price ranging around 6k!
Thank you, guys!

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
Radeon cards are much much better than the older nvidia FX cards!! Though their performance in some games may vary.
choose powercolor as your manufacturer and go for 9600 se or 9800XT.

yeshu26

Right off the assembly line
Nvidia 6200: Ultrashadow 2?

When i go the tech briefs of 6 series I see that it has ultrashadow 2.
But when I see the link 6200 AGP card I dont see ultrashadow 2 thingy?

Does 6200 agp card has ultrashadow 2 tecH?

Top Bottom