Graphics Cards related queries here.

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
To sahil blue:

Intel 865G doesn't even support DDR2 leave alone DDR3! I don't think your mobo has a PCIE interface.As for price for GFX cards:
6600 GT 128- Rs 7700/-
6800 GS- Rs 12000/-
These are for PCIE.I dont know for AGP interface.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Re: To digitized!

kaustav_geek said:
Hey digitized! what's your 3d mark'06 score??

Sorry Kaustav, I have not yet managed to download and install 3d mark 05 and 06. I have only the 03 version in which I got 11931 3d marks. Pretty good, huh? All credit goes to 6800GS...

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
To sahil blue:
I'm sorry for that goof-up. Yes, your mobo will support a GFX card with DDR3 memory,provided you have PCIE.Though these card also have AGP variants but the AGP interface doesn't offer a good bandwidth for heavy duty gaming. But i dont think your mobo supports DDR2 RAM ((FOR YOUR SYSTEM MEMORY))

To digitized:
You can get 3dMark '06 form this month's issue of DIGIT or CHIP.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
HI TO ALL ,

i hve ASUS P4P800 E DELUXE MOBO WITH AGP 8X SLOT - 865 PE CHIPSET , 3.2 GHZ SOCKET 478 PRESCOTT , 1 GB TRANSCEND RAM ...

CURRENTLY USING FX 5200 ... :cry:
I AM LOOKING FOR 6600 GT AGP .. :lol:
XFX , BIG , GAINWARD OR LEADTEK .. WHICH IS THE BEST OF THESE .also pls mention thier prices .. i got the price of 10 k for 128 mb xfx which i think is tooo much .. :x budget is upto 9 k :D

sahil_blues

In the zone
dude i am going for the same card...XFX Geforce 6600GT 128MB DDR3 AGP version....its for Rs 8100 here in delhi....so i guess u r being charged too much!!

actually i also wanna know which manufacturer amongst the ones u mentioned is the best....

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Among the current GFx vendors XFX and Gainward are the best.Leadtek comes a close second.Do not opt for BIG or BFG in GFx card, though they are cheap. Go for Gainward with golden sample if you are into overclocking, because their components are high quality and run cooler and remain stable.
-Kaustav

KHUBBU

Journeyman
U can even go for the cheapest 6600 GT ie BIG, coz the 6600 GT will get outdated in one yr & u probably dont want to spend extra money on a thing which u r not going to keep for more than 1 yr, so plz dont go for gainward gloden sample ( i doubt its availabilty and that too AGP)

vendors: Gainward ~Leadtek>XFX>BIG

One more thing: As it has previously been mentioned in the thread BIG & BFG are totally different brands. BFG are high performance factory o/c cards not sold anywhere in India.
BIG is what XFX was few yrs ago, I mean its VFM card sold here.
Its just a coincidence that BFG & BIG cards look similar (6600 GT AGP to be precise). The performance difference between them is substantial.

@Kaustav: Any specific reason for not opting for BIG.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
thanks khubbu , r u completely sure that BIG 6600 GT AGP IS NOT BGF CARD .. as they both look same ... also if its not bgf then .. which company card r they selling ? also i want this card for say 8-10 months only as i will upgrade to evga 7800 gs .. :lol:

so is BIG COMPLETELY SAFE COMPANY ...?

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
I suggest to go for an XFX any day.Reason is simple- XFX's availability,after sales support, quality, and overclockability. I agree with KHUBBU.Undoubtedly Gainward offers superlative performance,but certainly not BIG.

XFX wasn't actually BIG, it marketed its products under the BIG banner a couple of years age. Now, coming back,BIG cards don't offer many features, and overclockability.6600 GT chipset is quite powerful and won't be obsolete for 2 years.It WILL be able to play all future games albeit at a low resolution and medium quality setiings.

As for Gainward golden sample's availibity,its AGP variant is perhaps not available. Please dont go for BIG though an XFX costs few bucks more. One of my friends has a BIG 6600GT,it doesn't deliver good performance in FEAR.Another friend has the same card from XFX,but FEAR works better on his PC.They have identical config. If you want to save good buck,then go for a non GT XFX or Gainward 6600. It will last you a couple of yrs. Costs abt 6.5k
-Kaustav

S

saiaspire

Hey guys,
My screen suddenly went black and after 5 minutes i got a blue screen saying that nv_4disp.dll has entered a infinite loop. There may be a problem with either the hardware or the driver.

I run xp and have a BIG 6600 card. Please help me!

KHUBBU

Journeyman
Most of the brands source their card from OEMs & do not manufacture their own. So it maybe possible that for 6600 series BIG also sourced from the same OEM as BFG and so the similarity exist. However it can also be said that most probably BFG wud hav got the cards that topped quality standards whereas BIG got not so high quality stuff.

When I said: "BIG is what XFX was few yrs ago", I meant that now BIG has replaced XFX as the VFM card in India. Earlier XFX was also criticized as the cheapo and bad quality card until BIG came along.

XFX never marketed their card under BIG banner. Actually Big Byte Corp (BBC) earlier marketed XFX & now they are marketing BIG cards. XFX was & is also available through Rashi Peripherals.

As Kaustav suggested u can go for XFX if its only 100-200 more dearer.

F.E.A.R. bring every 6600 GT down to its knees, some ppl get better fps by using latest drivers but not all - I cant go above 71.89, none of the video files play when I install any updated driver 76.xx or 81.xx!

One more thing: The above info r also secondary data I got from reading at other forums. If u want to know more about the similarity and overclockabilty, pm directly to Blade Runner ( He knows evrything about gfx cards).
BIG cards can be overclocked and they already come at higher clock speeds than stock.

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
To KHUBBU:
O/c'ability of a GFx card mostly depends on its build quality-this includes its core components and its cooling setup.Since you too agree that BIG cards are not having good build quality,in fact they have poorest quality among the current card vendors.BIG cards tend to show unstability after O/c and tend to run hotter.Also their performance boost after o/c'ing is not very significant.As for XFX,even a passively cooloed 6600 non GT from XFX overclocks like a dream and runs cool and rock stable.
As FEAR includes heavy in-scene lighting effects,it stress all 6600s,which are not clocked high enough.But overclocking helps a lot! I do not suggest BFG because of their non-availibility.So, if you get hold of one donot get it because,NO SUPPORT vailable for 'em.

supersaiyan

In the zone
ok guys help help help!!! firstly is the 7600gt out? if it is how much does it cost and which is the best brand for it out here in india
how is it as compared to the cards in its price category??

Omsck

Broken In
help

i am a compelete newbie to graphics cards & planning to buy a new rig.
i was suggested the foll config :

AMD 3200+ 939 pin pro. {8k}
ASUS A8n-e mobo{4-5k}
1 GB DDR RAM- Corsair/Kingston
Geforce 6600GT {6k}

is the mentioned card best for the mobo & processor ?

can i know about all the variants of 6600GT ?also a card which can give better performance? i want to run NFSMW @ high res & all eye candy

Top Bottom