Graphics Cards related queries here.

vs_sriram

3D Artist
Need info on 6800 GT 256 MB

I'm planning to ditch my 5200 and get a new 6800 256 MB card [AGP 8X]

Could someone plz tell me about the best brands for this model[Leadtek,or XFX or some other]...also,I'd like to know the prices...

Plz note that I'm looking for the AGP 8X version of this card...

My current config :

P4 2.4c
Intel 865 Mobo
1 GB DDR RAM
ASUS GeForce FX 5200 [128 MB]

vs_sriram

3D Artist
deathvirus_me said:
get the XFX 6800GS .....

Thx deathvirus_me :D ,I've just checked its specs and it seems good enough for me...could anyone plz tell me the price of this card[XFX GeForce 6800 GS 256 MB DDR3 8X AGP] ?

Also,is my present 350 watts powersupply enough for this card ? Or do I need to get 500 ? [I've got a 17" monitor,2 optical drives,2 HDDs] :?

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Just for query, Is 6800gs in AGP flavour available in INDIA. I was able to find only the PCI-E type.

Found one availabe on Newegg : *www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150126
Is this card available in INDIA?

yash

I draw every day
man power supply is the big question! I couldnt find any smps that is compatibl with my compaq mobo.so i am going to give my agp card to my cousin!

vs_sriram

3D Artist
vs_sriram said:
Thx deathvirus_me :D ,I've just checked its specs and it seems good enough for me...could anyone plz tell me the price of this card[XFX GeForce 6800 GS 256 MB DDR3 8X AGP] ?

Also,is my present 350 watts powersupply enough for this card ? Or do I need to get 500 ? [I've got a 17" monitor,2 optical drives,2 HDDs] :?

Anyone ? Plz,I need to get rid of my 5200 :lol:

rage_666

Right off the assembly line
Re: Need info on 6800 GT 256 MB

vs_sriram said:

@vs_sriram : is the xfx geforce 5200 u talking about?
If yes, could you tell me whether this card fits on a pci slot or only on an agp slot.

rage_666

vs_sriram said:

If yes, could you tell me whether this card fits on a pci slot or only on an agp slot.

vs_sriram

3D Artist

rage_666 said:
vs_sriram said:

My current card is an ASUS FX 5200 128 MB[3 yrs old]...its an AGP 8X card and i dunno if it fits in a PCI-e slot or not...

The card that I'm looking for is the XFX GeForce 6800 GS 256 MB DDR3 8X AGP ....I'd like to know the avalability of this card and price
Thx :)

I have an Intel D850MV Pentium IV 1.7 GHz, 128 MB RD RAM Computer with NVidia RIVA TNT2 Model 64 with 16 MB Memory. I want to buy a graphics card preferably 128 MB or 256 Mb that can run the latest games without much issues but my budget is only 4k. Is there any graphic card that can fulfil my requirements? Plz suggest.

I

invisible

iwant2breakfree said:
I have an Intel D850MV Pentium IV 1.7 GHz, 128 MB RD RAM Computer with NVidia RIVA TNT2 Model 64 with 16 MB Memory. I want to buy a graphics card preferably 128 MB or 256 Mb that can run the latest games without much issues but my budget is only 4k. Is there any graphic card that can fulfil my requirements? Plz suggest.
Read 47 page.
U shud go for Geforce 6200 128MB 128bit model.It will come in Rs 4000.

Dont go for 256MB cards lol
coz they use slow RAM so slow performace lol
So go for 128MB RAM cards with 128bit memory bus.

yash

I draw every day
also make sure that your power supply can handle that graphics card...because i had gone and bought 6600 256 mb but my smps couldnt provide enough power so my system was plaqued by frequest hangs and restarts....the problem worsened when i found out that no other smps would work on my mobo besides the original compaq one. so I`m stuck with the old vanta again!

Bhanu Kiran

driver problems with ASUS-A8N VM MoBo

Hi guys,
I hav recently bought the ASUS A8N-VM mobo. After installing XP SP2, I installed drivers provided with the motherboard. When I tried to run any game which utilised directX, it ran, but displayed garbled video. Tried this for many games and it happened same. Then I installed directX 9.0c hoping it might solve the problem. But no use. I am even unable to play videos in Windows Media Player. I went to control panel > add/remove problems > NVIDIA drivers, and uninstalled only the display driver. Now I am able to play movies but my games say I don't have 3D acceleration.
In first case (when I had drivers), DxDiag gave negative results 4 directdraw and direct3D. In second case, it just said 'disabled'.
I can't understand what my problem is. Can anyone out there help me please?

TechGuru#1

In the zone
Hey Ppls, can u "SAFELY" run the 6800GS XXX on STOCK?( for LONG sesions)
The card is FACTORY OVERCLOCKED,so bit must be higher on the Heating side!
......so asking?

Kniwor

Learner
TechGuru#1 said:
Hey Ppls, can u "SAFELY" run the 6800GS XXX on STOCK?( for LONG sesions)
The card is FACTORY OVERCLOCKED,so bit must be higher on the Heating side!
......so asking?

the company ppl are more concerned about these tings than we are and believe me it will run just fine.....

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
i have 915GL and 1024mb ddr333 and gma900
nfs ug2 and pop warror within run slow with 2-3fps.
all other games are fine.
this is after i updated the bios.
what should i do ?

PLZ hELP

the mihir

Broken In
sagargv said:
what should i do ?

PLZ hELP

i am using a 915gav with 1024 ram...i can play these games fine....

try to run them at low resolutions.....if u r using some themes that are heavy on the system....turn them off...disable particle effects...shadows...and all the eye candy....

allot the maximum memory possible to the graphics card...

if u still cant pla nfsug2 try playng nfsmw

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
what should i do ?

PLZ hELP

What settings ru playing the game at ??? If u've changed the default detected settings then revert to the original detected settings ....

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
i'm running them at the lowest possible settings.
i have cmos default settings.
nothing seems to help.

all other games are fine . only pop ww adn nfsug2.

that too after i updated the bios. before it was fine.
HELP

Top Bottom