Graphics Cards related queries here.

panchamk

Broken In
Has anyone purchased/tested the BIG 6600 256 MB AGP card?

And generally, how are BIG cards compared to cards from other companies (XFX, Gainward etc)?

Is the BIG company reliable?

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
@mihir

i can run most wanted fine !!

in the main menu i get 4 fps . in the game about 20 fps . why ? du get the same readings ?

Geforce

Journeyman
Hey people look at the following:

This is an excerpt from NVidia 7 Series Tech specs

Advanced Engineering
* Designed for PCI Express x16
* Support for AGP 8X including fast writes and sideband addressing
* Designed for high-speed GDDR3 memory

!! Note the support for AGP 8x !!

Full Link is over here:
*www.nvidia.com/object/7_series_techspecs.html

So i think if it is supported then it is upto the card manufacturers to produce a 7800 AGP version.

OR

IS IT A TYPO on the nvidia site !

Also a new budget chip introduced NVidia 7300

Ringwraith

Journeyman
Geforce said:
Hey people look at the following:

This is an excerpt from NVidia 7 Series Tech specs

Advanced Engineering
* Designed for PCI Express x16
* Support for AGP 8X including fast writes and sideband addressing
* Designed for high-speed GDDR3 memory

!! Note the support for AGP 8x !!

Full Link is over here:
*www.nvidia.com/object/7_series_techspecs.html

So i think if it is supported then it is upto the card manufacturers to produce a 7800 AGP version.

OR

IS IT A TYPO on the nvidia site !

Also a new budget chip introduced NVidia 7300

All the newer nvidia cards (6 series onwards) are natively PCI-E. This means that for an AGP version, the manufacturer has to place a special PCIE to AGP converter chip. seems like they did that only until the 6800s.

Geforce

Journeyman
While this may be true .... but they do have AGP8x in contention. :)

They played safe did they ! Lets launch 7800 PCIe and if the need be (in other words pressure from ATI) on AGP front following the market trend we'll just need to add the bridge and we are done, to beat the competitor.

We'll I hope this takes place.

sunmysore

Journeyman
Ringwraith said:
All the newer nvidia cards (6 series onwards) are natively PCI-E. This means that for an AGP version, the manufacturer has to place a special PCIE to AGP converter chip. seems like they did that only until the 6800s.

correction... 6800 series was AGP native...thre was no PCI express when 6 series were launched...6600 however is PCI express native

they later made 6800GT native PCI express, and the 6600GT AGP thru the HSI bridge

khandu

In the zone
Ok Guys

Thinking to upgrade the last piece of my comp which is outdated..

I am using a Leadtek PCI-e 6600GT TDH Extreme Edition DDR3 128 MB..

And i have DFI Lanparty mobo

Now i was thinkin of some kind of 7800GT cause i will not upgrade for another year..

Budget : Rs. 25000 for the card.. PCI-e Ofcourse

Will be reselling the old card as it still under 5 months warranty.. and expectin some good cash for it..

Now suggest which card and costs.. cause i will be going to Lamington Rd. this Sat.. also any shops if u know...

had some looks at leadtek 7800GT 256mb ddr aroun 22K i guess

need answers fast ppl..

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
@khandu: Buy the XFX 7800GT (PVT70GUDF7) which comes factory overclocked and also is one of the best 7800GT's around, except BFG and eVGA which are not available in India. You read the reviews for yourself at newegg and amazon. There are many satisfied customers. Another plus point is that the support network of XFX is also good here so you can contact them regarding warranty related issues.

khandu

In the zone
ok..

and what counterpart does ATI have in market?? and i think leadtek also has good support and better than XFX

new gfx crd

please guys help me out........

i want to put this up straight!
my pc specs are:
AMD athlon xp 2000+
512mb ram ddr
asus mob.
nvidia geforce 2 (32 mb)

:-i wanna buy a new grfx card (replace the old one),

:-budget around 2 to 2.5 k(don't suggest increase bugdet n buy 6600)..

:preferably nvidia geforce(i've heard abt its greater compatibility than ati raedon series(9600...))

:-i think budget will allow 128 mb only
(i am not that hardcore gamer, i am happy if game's exe just run,do hell with high grfx detail....)

:-my vendor telling me
geforce 5200 128 mb 2050\-

:-i think it will be ok...... but u hav to tell
1.whether the price is right????
2.will this one(5200) run most of the todays games(pop all 3 , my earlier card didn't (32 mb)) :cry:
3.how much my geforce 2 can sold for so that i can compensate the price of new card.
4.suggest any other if u can
5.clear the funda of agp8x 4x pci,pci-e(i don't want after buying the card it is causing problems to me)just in brief, and also bandwidth 128bit, 256bit
6.Brand name??? gainward,asus (i've heard pine and xfx are bad)

I know i am asking tooooo much.......
But please show me the way.......
after all when will ur knowlegde help me....

THANX............ :wink:

the mihir

Broken In
sagargv said:
@mihir

i can run most wanted fine !!

in the main menu i get 4 fps . in the game about 20 fps . why ? du get the same readings ?

i get 25-35 fps in the game...menu is very smooth..

gags987

Broken In
geek_rohit said:
All these brands are good. But I would suggest please don't go for the ASUS brand as these cards aren't such a great performer they used to be moreoever they are costly as compared to other brands. Instead for nVidia choose Gainward and XFX, for ATi choose Powercolor and Gigabyte, whichever suits you in terms of price, software. bundles, etc.
EDITED:
But don't go for the LE version. For Radeon go for the 9600.
but where is the mention of xfxgeforce 6200 .It retails about 5400, Is directx9 compatiable and has 256mb ram also. :oops:

KKK

Broken In
Is the Price OK??

Guys i am getting XFX 6600GT 256MB PCIe for 10500 bucks.Is the Price demanded ok??

Geforce

Journeyman
6200 AGP is a good option but make sure it doesn't have 64-bit memory on that. GO for 128-bit memory. It is clearly mentioned on the card.

Most 256MB cards have 64bit memory. 6200 AGP 128MB(128bit) should suffice for your needs.

NikhilVerma

Padawan
Emm... I dunno bout the current prices and performances of cards...

So I'm gonna ask a simple question.

What is the best graphics card (AGP 8x) under 6k's ?

Geforce

Journeyman
NikhilVerma said:
Emm... I dunno bout the current prices and performances of cards...

So I'm gonna ask a simple question.

What is the best graphics card (AGP 8x) under 6k's ?

Go for 6600 non-GT with 128 or 256MB memory.

Top Bottom