Graphics Cards related queries here.

H

harsh bajpai

@sid311
fyi the Leadtek geforce 6800GS is priced at Rs.16850 inclusive of all taxes. and the GS extreme version is about a thousand bucks more.

Incinerator

Broken In
Are there AGP cards that work on PCIe 16x slots as well ???

Please pardon my ignorance, but i am being made to believe by a friend that there are some pcie compatible agp cards. U can plug it into a pcie slot. It'll work albeit with some performance degradation.

My friend asserts that his Asus 6600 GT (AGP) is a dual compatible one and assures me that he has tested it successfully on a pcie 16x slot on someone's computer.

He further confirmes that its written on the cover of the box of his card that the card is designed to run perfectly with the next generation pcie bus architecture. This new bus doubles the bandwidth of agp 8x delievering over 4gb/s in both upstream and downstream data transfers. Its sli as well and pcie express certified.

Summary : So do we have any Dual Compatible graphics cards which can be used on both AGP 8x and PCIe 16x. What i am saying is .. u pull it from an agp slot.. and plug it into a pcie slot ??

Sounds too good to be true. Is it really so ?

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
No, pci-e card is not compatible with a agp slot and vice versa. Ur friend must have some wrong information. Maybe someone is telling him these thing and he in turn telling it to u. Tell him to search the net and he would find the answer.
There are few motherboard which have both agp as well as pci-e slot. One such board I remember is Foxconn 915PL7AE-8S, read about it in DIGIT mag.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
@John: Another one I remember is something like Asrock 939 Dual SATA2 for the AMD platform. It has both AGP as well as PCI-express slot.

*www.asrock.com/product/product_939Dual-SATA2.htm

yash

I draw every day
agp slot cards are physically unable to fit in a pci-e slot.
(correct me if i`m wrong)

TechGuru#1

In the zone
Can sum1 clear my DOUBT?
Is the XFX 6800GS available in INDIA @ RP-Tech(Rashi) distro available ONLY in the PLAIN model or is the XXX(F-O'led) version also available??

BTW,another IMP Q'n
Can the Plain XFX 6800GS be Moded to the XFX 6800GS XXX Edition???

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
@Techguru: The only model that Rashi distributes in India is the XXX version, model no: PV-T42G-UAD7. Not sure about the price though. Different places have different prices. I too am targeting that one next month.

TechGuru#1

In the zone
digitized said:
@Techguru: The only model that Rashi distributes in India is the XXX version, model no: PV-T42G-UAD7. Not sure about the price though. Different places have different prices. I too am targeting that one next month.

ONLY HOPE,THAT IS THE CASE, for I have ordered for a 6800GS from RASHI-Mumbai & that have been currently delivered & is deposited at my Dealer's ofice(YET NOT SEEN,NOR DTLD CHKD).

So,IF Rashi sells only the XFX 6800GS "XXX" Edition in India & My ONE is that........then all "GHEE-SHAKAR" to You Buddy.

Can Only tell by tomorrow,what actually is the case!

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
TechGuru#1 said:
digitized said:

ONLY HOPE,THAT IS THE CASE, for I have ordered for a 6800GS from RASHI-Mumbai & that have been currently delivered & is deposited at my Dealer's ofice(YET NOT SEEN,NOR DTLD CHKD).

So,IF Rashi sells only the XFX 6800GS "XXX" Edition in India & My ONE is that........then all "GHEE-SHAKAR" to You Buddy.

Can Only tell by tomorrow,what actually is the case!

Why don't you check the model number and see if it matches with the one mentioned above?

Please inform us which one you got and the price. I am looking forward to it.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
harsh bajpai said:
Dual compatible graphics cards... he he he ..

Dual Compatible graphic cards exist , but were never commercially released , MSI made such cards and showed them in he CES last yr . This yr in CES they are with a new product called Upgradable GFX card .

*www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/20060106235137.html

wolverine_sonu

Right off the assembly line
Budget catagory 16X pci-e card

gainward geforce 6200 256 mb ?

i need price updates

also if u can specify another card which is more efiicient then this

under 6 k

zegulas

Traceur
hey i want to buy a 8x agp card (the best) for my athlon 3000+
plz suggest the best available and the ones that r going to be available...

the mihir

Broken In
hi everyone.. i am planning to buy a leadtek 6800gs...is it really better tan a 6600gt...or should i wait for the prices of 6800 gt to come down to 14000 odd...please reply...

also let me know where can i find these cards in mumbai....(i am going t mumbai by the end of this month)

Top Bottom