Graphics Cards related queries here.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Well, you can get Leadtek WinFast PX6200 TD: 128 MB, 128-bit, chip running at 300 MHz, memory running at 550 MHz, PCI Express. This was explained a few posts earlier in this thread itself. And please make sure that it is a 128-bit one and not having turbocache memory but having it's own memory. This should come within your budget and compatible with your motherboard (915 chipset) which has a PCI-express slot.

This should come within your budget. I am not sure of the price of 6600 with both DDR and DDR2 memory. So I am not recommending that. But it will be definitely better than 6200. But it should be priced a shade over 6500 for a 256MB version.

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
hey folks check this thing
*cgi.ebay.in/Brand-New-BFG-Geforce-...739889657QQcategoryZ67864QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and this

*cgi.ebay.in/Evga-Geforce-6800-Pure...740929590QQcategoryZ27387QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

are they fraud ????
or else wat is the funda behind this thing ???

sunmysore

Journeyman
hmmm....eVGA doesnt exist in india....i seriously doubt he'll provide the warranty

EDIT

Minimum System Requirements

* Intel Pentium III or IV, Celron, AMD, Duron, Sempron, or Athlon class processor or higher
* 128MB of RAM
* Windows XP
* CD or DVD-ROM Drive
* 35MB available Hard Disk Space (50MB for full installation)

is thuis a joke?? P3!!! duron, sempron...lol

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Well, I personally think that the seller himself or one of his close acquantances have bought this thing in the US and after using it for a few days, is selling it here. I also seriously doubt he will provide the warranty. Only XFX provides double lifetime warranty there (USA) and that too for only the 7800 series.

Keep away from bidding on this...friends.

z3r0

Broken In
I am planning to buy a Graphics Card - budget 4 to 5K.

I have Mercury KOB P4M266 NDFSMX Mother Board, which has AGP 4x (1.5V).

Can somebody suggest a good AGP8X Card (as I might upgrade my Mother Board in the near future) that could be used with my Mother Board...

Also, Can I go for XFX Geforce fx 5200 128MB or 256 MB ??

nadeem69

Right off the assembly line
WHat exactly is the difference between the various models ? like 6600 , 6800 ,6600v , 6600 LE ,.............etc. Also which is better , Leadtek or XFX or Zebronics ?

Thanx a lot,
nadeem69.

TechGuru#1

In the zone
Is going for a XFX 6800GS XXX Edition PCI-E @ 15,500 a Right thing to do......PRICE & PERFORMANCE WISE.......WORTH IT?

And do anybody know....HOW MANY MODELS/MAKE of "6800GS" from "XFX" are RELEASED in the INDIAN Market?

AFAIK...there is ONLY 1 VERSION of 6800GS from XFX...released in INDIA..by RASHI..i.e the XFX 6800GS XXX Edition(256 MB-PCI-Express)..........
....Now,am I CORRECT?

roydon

Broken In
Dude,I have my eye on that card too.And I think it is totally worth the price.Given the performance,it beats the 6800GT and costs 5K less.You do the math.Upgrading my system to a AMD system :lol:

Sandman

Broken In
TechGuru#1 said:
Is going for a XFX 6800GS XXX Edition PCI-E @ 15,500 a Right thing to do......PRICE & PERFORMANCE WISE.......WORTH IT?

And do anybody know....HOW MANY MODELS/MAKE of "6800GS" from "XFX" are RELEASED in the INDIAN Market?

AFAIK...there is ONLY 1 VERSION of 6800GS from XFX...released in INDIA..by RASHI..i.e the XFX 6800GS XXX Edition(256 MB-PCI-Express)..........
....Now,am I CORRECT?

6800GS XXX Edition for 15,500? where? I heard it was 20,000

bharat_r

In the zone
Can u guys suggest a graphics card for me.
price <=5k
I have an 4x AGP on my MB..will an 8x AGP card work on it?
I'd prefer Geforce.

My current system config:
P4 2 Ghz
512 MB DDR Ram

I'm planing to get the graphics card in Jan or Feb.

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
all 8x cards are backward compatible
so no probs there

if u can stretch ur budget a bit

go for geforce 6600(non gt) from Leadtek
cost = 5.5k

Red_Baron

Broken In
Guys, I will be upgrading my PC soon.Could you please suggest THE BEST configuration available.
I am looking for AMD X2 processor and a motherboard with crossfire tech. plus also mention the best graphic cards which wud suit the system.
Money isnt a concern!!!

Red_Baron

Broken In
Guys, I will be upgrading my PC soon.Could you please suggest THE BEST configuration available.
I am looking for AMD X2 processor and a motherboard with crossfire tech. plus also mention the best graphic cards which wud suit the system.
Money isnt a concern but please mention the prices in Pune/Mumbai!!! :D

H

harsh bajpai

@SUNMYSORE
DUDE money is no problem for our buddy red baron he'll get hold of a pair of X1800 from US or UK or directly from CANADA.

@red_baron
*www.ati.com/products/radeonx1k/WhereToBuy.html

yash

I draw every day
wow looks like a lot of people here are doing what i did...i bought a 6600 256mb card for my old mobo which says agp 1.5v card only i guess that means agp4x...but i have a little problem, i tried installing the card this morning but it always hangs at the windows boot screen.the screen is working fine so i guess the problem is not with the 250 watts smps... i know it might give flickering in the future...but for now,how do i get my pc started?when i tried to boot in safe mode, i found that its stopping at agp4.04.dll or something like this.then i even tried my old card, tried repairing win xp with the cd and then tried both cards but even after this my pc wont boot.HELP!!!

yash

I draw every day
ok i made a little mistake while stating this..the file at which it was stopping is agp440.sys and now,after i installed windows on the 2nd partition, i can start it after disconnecting one of my cddrives.so i figure the problem is definately with the power supply.but a few times, i also got the blue screen that said that d drive must b checked 4 consistency.in that it is saying that some file in nvidia folder had error..i dont remember this clearly because i was very frustrated...any ideas?

bdutta

Right off the assembly line
sid311 said:
just joined this forum.... Great thing i did... :D :D

i am looking for a graphix card under 15 k having best performance.. Can somebody suggest please...

hey sid311,

someone recently wrote that GeForce 6800 might be available at/around 15K. that should be the best bet!!

- bd

Top Bottom