Graphics Cards related queries here.

yash

I draw every day
thanks.now does anyone kow a good dealer in mumbai where i can get leadtek or xfx 6600nu?

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
anirudhasarawgi said:
What is the difference between

XFX Geforce 7800GT

XFX Geforce 7800GT EXTREME GAMER EDITION

XFX Geforce 7800GT SPECIAL EDITION

i m confused.....plz help me

Maybe in the core and memory clock speeds! XFX 7800GT's come already factory overclocked at 450/525 as per the site, www.xfxforce.com. There are only two variants, one with TV-out and other without it. So I am little confused yaar, from where did you get to know about extreme gamer edition and special edition? Could you point me to the link? But there are variants of the 7800GTX, 256 MB, normal 512MB and the 512MB xxx edition, which is factory overclocked.

anirudhasarawgi

Journeyman
XFX GeForce 7800GT Special Edition

*www.vr-zone.com.sg/index.php?i=2877

XFX Geforce 7800GT EXTREME GAMER EDITION

*www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/News/Details.aspx?NewsId=15165

cryptid

Journeyman
cryptid said:
ok i went thru the product details of XFX 6600 on the official site and i found around 10-15 variants of 6600 GPU
i dunno what is DVI output and since i dunno what it is i feel it is not very usefull for me,,, ok now lets cut rite to the chase the cards that support TV output(S-Video connection) have a memory bus of 64 bit where as the cards that do not have TV output have a memory bus of 128bit,, is the memory bus gonna effect my gaming experince cause i would like to go in for the card that has TV output so that when no one is home i can call my friends over and have some 29" TV gaming experiance( that would be coolrite??)but if this memory bus is gonna effect my gaming experiance then i think i will cut out on the TV output thing cause i feel it just wouldnt be worth it but if it wont have any effect then its the best XFX 6600 variant available,,, and another thing i have seen this "memory interface" thing along with "memory bus" all the cards have a memory interface of 128 bit(even the the card that has TV-output) what is memory interface please explain. on some site i read i should be away from cards with 64bit memory bus or interface i am unable to rmr if it was "memory bus" or "memory interface"
some one please help me out i tried searching google but didnt find anything of help so one of u please help me i am going to buy the card in 2 days and i need to know which 1 to go for

jetboy

Journeyman
Dear Digitized and Aniruddh,

Thanks for all the support and hey the 6800 wud have been out of my budget and i cant even dream of 7800 atleast for now :) . BTW i had been to Lamington road and got the 6600GT 128 mb DDR3 for 9550/- Powersafe 500 watts SMPS for 2600/- and now will get a VIP G100 for i guess 2,300 without the SMPS, not sure what price its for without SMPS.

The 6600GT is great tho. It really rocks atleast for me :)

BTw got the card and PSU from Computer Culture shop at lamington, nice guy over there.

Thanks a lot again Dudes!!!

P.S Aniruddh thanks for your option for going for 6800, but actually i wanted a grapichs card which cud show medium to high details and play at 800X640 and i am able to play with high details in HL2, NFS underground 2 and even AOE 3.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
6200 non tc is much better then that of 6200tc.6200 non tc has its own memory where as tc version share memory from the system.most of the card wid its own memory performance better.6200tc is one of the worst card.

reddevil2

Broken In
hey my friend wats a g-card.
his budget is abt 2500.
tell mi a good card which can play games like nfs most wanted and fifa06 on it.

roydon

Broken In
Wud anyone know the Lamington Rd price of a

1)XFX 6800GS XXX Edition

2)Leadtek 6800GS Extreme Edition

3)MSI 6800GS

Also is the brand e-VGA available in India :roll:

jawash

Right off the assembly line
Hi
I am having P4,2.8 Ghz , 533Mhz Bus speed.and a socket 478. with 4X AGP Conector
Intel845E board with 256 mb DDR RAM.
My OS is WINXP SP2

Please suggest me a good AGP graphics card(preferably geforce) so that i can play games including the latest NFS: MOST WANTED...
Is 256mb card required or is 128mb enough..
also please suggest if 256mb graphics card is compatible with my system.

I

invisible

jamyang312 said:
Is Geforce6200 with TC better than the non-Tc version?
Why?

GeForce 6200 is the entry-level graphics chip family from nVidia for the PCI Express bus, competing directly with Radeon X300 and the new Radeon X1300 families from ATI.

->The main problem with GeForce 6200 family is the quantity of different memory configurations that you can find in the market.

->First, we have the “regular� model and the “TurboCache� model, which “steals� memory from the main system RAM to be used as video memory.

->Secondly, the memory interface can be of 128 bits or 64 bits or even 32 bits in some extreme cases. Also, the board manufacturer can set the memory clock as they wish, as nVidia doesn’t set a standard clock rate for GeForce 6200.

->So, there are several different kinds of GeForce 6200 in the market and it is really hard for the regular user to know the differences between them.

->A GeForce 6200 from manufacturer A can be a completely different product compared to GeForce 6200 from manufacturer B.

->This is really a hassle, since you may choose a GeForce 6200 because you were satisfied by the performance of the PC of a friend or relative and also order a GeForce 6200, to discover later that you got a totally different board, with totally different performance.

Leadtek, for example, carries seven different GeForce 6200 models:

WinFast A6200 TDH: 128 MB, 64-bit, chip running at 350 MHz, memory running at 500 MHz, AGP
WinFast A6200 TD: 128 MB, 128-bit, chip running at 300 MHz, memory running at 550 MHz, AGP
WinFast PX6200 TD: 128 MB, 128-bit, chip running at 300 MHz, memory running at 550 MHz, PCI Express
WinFast PX6200 TC TDH 64 MB on-board: TurboCache, 64 MB, 32-bit, chip running at 300 MHz, memory running at 550 MHz, PCI Express
WinFast PX6200 TC TDH 128 MB on-board: TurboCache, 128 MB, 64-bit, chip running at 300 MHz, memory running at 550 MHz, PCI Express
WinFast PX6200 TC TDH supporting 128 MB: TurboCache, 16 MB, 32-bit, chip running at 350 MHz, memory running at 700 MHz, PCI Express
WinFast PX6200 TC TDH supporting 256 MB: TurboCache, 32 MB, 64-bit, chip running at 350 MHz, memory running at 550 MHz, PCI Express

Out of these take only GeForce 6200 with 128 MB and 128-bit interface from Leadtek (WinFast PX6200TD) Price : Rs 4000(exact).

Its equalent to Geforce 6600 with just a small difference in fps.

Doom3 fps @ 1024 x 768 (low settings)

*img500.imageshack.us/img500/6420/imageview5cy.png

Doom 3 fps @ 1024 x 768 (Highest settings)

*img500.imageshack.us/img500/6900/ty9dl.png

Farcry fps @ 1024 x 768 (low settings)

*img367.imageshack.us/img367/6223/rh5ui.png

Farcry fps @ 1024 x 768 (Very High settings)

*img367.imageshack.us/img367/383/fj4wr.png

Sourabh

Laptoping
WOW, nice rip Mr. Invisible from *www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/258 [ Copy Paste the link in address bar, to go directly to the page, Clicking on it would lead you to the index page ] If some parts of your post are copied from other sites it should be quoted along with proper sources for everyone to check out. Follow the forum rules, next time you are seen doing the same, you would be gifted with a new 'On A Warning Tag.

I

invisible

Sourabh said:
WOW, nice rip Mr. Invisible from *www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/258 [ Copy Paste the link in address bar, to go directly to the page, Clicking on it would lead you to the index page ] If some parts of your post are copied from other sites it should be quoted along with proper sources for everyone to check out. Follow the forum rules, next time you are seen doing the same, you would be gifted with a new 'On A Warning Tag.
sorry i dint get you,i was the one who sent this review to hardwaresecrets.com :oops: and i copy pasted it from my harddisk not from the site ok.Next time discuss these things in PM(follow our forum rules dont post silly off topics in between)

nadeem69

Right off the assembly line
budget : RS 5000

Hi ,
I'm looking for the best graphics card that comes in and around RS 5K .
Please respond immediately , Winter holidays are upon us !!
I live in Hyderabad and where can i find it ?

Thanx a lot,
nadeem69.

P.S: I have an MSI 915G combo motherboard . I dont know any more details . :( :oops:

Top Bottom