Graphics Cards related queries here.

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Yes, it might unless you overclock your processor. I had E7200 and it was bottle necking HD 6850 @ 1366x768 , even with decent overclock. Finally bought i5 2500k, can't be more happy.

Derozio

Right off the assembly line
I have an HP a6123in machine with Leonite2 (P5LP-LE) motherboard with Dual Core 1.6Ghz, 3GB DDR2 RAM, 300W PSU and a Geforce 8500 GT 512 MB DDR2 graphic card. I wanna upgrade my graphic card. My max budged is between 5-5.5k. What's the best bet? My motherboard won't run cards which are based on PCIe 2.1 bus configuration so MOST Radeon cards are out of the equation. Please help me, guys!

the_conqueror

Ambassador of Buzz
PCIe x16 interface is backwards compatible. Pcie x16 2.1 card can work on a Pcie x16 1.0 slot. And as far as the specifications of your mobo say you have the PCIe x16 slot. Get HD 6670 1 GB DDR5 @ 5.5K. It is supported by your mobo. But i think that it might be bottlenecked by your dual core 1.6 ghz.

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
Hey Guys, What you Think about MSI GTX 680 Lightning, will it be available in India soon enough?
I was just going to buy GTX 680 of Asus dc 2 version when i saw and stopped seeing this on site.

My Budget is 35K

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Hey Guys, What you Think about MSI GTX 680 Lightning, will it be available in India soon enough?
I was just going to buy GTX 680 of Asus dc 2 version when i saw and stopped seeing this on site.

My Budget is 35K

7970 better choice IMO

see this - *i.imgur.com/7Uxgo.png

*i.imgur.com/Ipula.png

Read some more here- *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/142384-amd-hd-7000-series-37.html

apparently the Driver update has made the cards a lot faster

sidkarode

Broken In
Hi guys,

My 3 year old Sapphire HD 4870 has stopped working. So I am planning to get a new one in the range of Rs 11-12.5k. After considering recommendations given in this forum as well as Googling around a bit, I have narrowed it down to Sapphire HD 6870 and HIS 6870 IceQX.
Since IceQX seems to run cooler, I am thinking of getting that. My earlier card would idle at 60 degrees and on load would hit in excess of 80 degrees! (inspite of having a spacious cabinet and proper airflow)
My queries are:
1) Is HIS a reliable brand? So also, any idea as to who is their authorised after sales service/ warranty provider here, in Mumbai?
2) Are IceQ Turbo or Turbo X versions available in India (esp. in Mumbai)? If yes, what is the premium one would have to shell out for either of them, over and above the "stock" IceQX?

I plan to use the new card for next 2-3 years minimum.

My present 3-yr old config is:
AMD Phenom II X4 940 @3 Ghz
Gigabyte MA790GP-UD4H MoBo
4 GB DDR2 @ 800Mhz
Corsair TX 650 PSU

Thanks in advance.

Derozio

Right off the assembly line
PCIe x16 interface is backwards compatible. Pcie x16 2.1 card can work on a Pcie x16 1.0 slot. And as far as the specifications of your mobo say you have the PCIe x16 slot. Get HD 6670 1 GB DDR5 @ 5.5K. It is supported by your mobo. But i think that it might be bottlenecked by your dual core 1.6 ghz.
I've searched the backward compatibility thing all over the internet and have garnered mixed reception. It works for some people while it doesn't for others. People who go with 2.0 never have any problem with 1.0 but quite a lot of people have problems with 2.1 cards if they have 1.0 bus. So, I do appreciate your answer, but I would like to know if there's an nVidia card that I can buy in that price range and get the best bang for my buck..or maybe you can suggest some 2.0 based ATI card. I've seen some 2.0 ones but they're far too rare and expensive. Thank you. :)

Just to reiterate:
Dual Core 1.6Ghz
3 GB DDR2 RAM
Geforce 8500 GT 512 MB DDR2
Leonite2 P5LP-LE Motherboard with 1 PCIe x16 1.0 slot

I will probably order online and will NOT be taking a risk by buying a card with 2.1 bus. I need 2.0 cards, strictly. Please help! :(

can anyone help me
i have a 500 watt psu with 20A on 12V1 and 15A on 12V2.
I am planning to buy asus gtx 560 directcu which requires 24A on 12V rails.
I know that currents on 12V rails are not directly added. So I want to know that is my psu able to run gtx 560. Any help would be appriciated.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Orderd MSI R6770-MD1GD5(from SMC) 3 days ago & is in stock but still today my order status is pending...:evil:

I called them yesterday they said it will be confirmed today.... but pending:mad:

Sorry to disturb you guys...:oops:
finally they shipped it...LAZY guys:p

Alok

Adventurer
I've searched the backward compatibility thing all over the internet and have garnered mixed reception. It works for some people while it doesn't for others. People who go with 2.0 never have any problem with 1.0 but quite a lot of people have problems with 2.1 cards if they have 1.0 bus. So, I do appreciate your answer, but I would like to know if there's an nVidia card that I can buy in that price range and get the best bang for my buck..or maybe you can suggest some 2.0 based ATI card. I've seen some 2.0 ones but they're far too rare and expensive. Thank you. :)

Just to reiterate:
Dual Core 1.6Ghz
3 GB DDR2 RAM
Geforce 8500 GT 512 MB DDR2
Leonite2 P5LP-LE Motherboard with 1 PCIe x16 1.0 slot

I will probably order online and will NOT be taking a risk by buying a card with 2.1 bus. I need 2.0 cards, strictly. Please help! :(

i'm running a Hd 6790 from past 8 months on pcie 1.0 and i had no problem at all. Its working as it should and giving fps as expected.

Top Bottom