Graphics Cards related queries here.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Please suggest a descent graphics card under Rs 5k

My config.. Dual core E2200
Asus p5gcmx/1333
And 450 Watt PSU
What about this one..

And I want to buy a 2gb ddr2 ram too .While I have kingston 2Gb 2RX8 PC2 6400U 666 12
RAM attached in one slot Can I attache this ram in 2nd slot.
My motherboard supports 667mhz RAM

Well although the PSU is not that good you can make the card work. Just dont overclock either card or processor. There might be a bit of bottlenecking but in most scenarios the performance you will get should be good.

edit: RAM should work fine too .

NitrousNavneet

Racing 24X7
Well although the PSU is not that good you can make the card work. Just dont overclock either card or processor. There might be a bit of bottlenecking but in most scenarios the performance you will get should be good.

edit: RAM should work fine too .

What bottlenecking ??

I am asking because after lots of try my father is agree to buy a new GC and RAM...:-?:-?
Will they both work fine ???:-?:-?

or please suggest a GC which will perform best in my config. ,

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
What bottlenecking ??

I am asking because after lots of try my father is agree to buy a new GC and RAM...:-?:-?
Will they both work fine ???:-?:-?

or please suggest a GC which will perform best in my config. ,

They will work fine. You shouldn't feel any performance problem. In short bottleneck means that the Graphic Card might not perform to it's full potential.
But games will work flawlessly nonetheless :wink:

Saaby

Broken In
@NitrousNavneet... I was talking to Alluazad

For around 5k, check HD5670 or GT240. both r gud performance cards for the given price.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
here is the news:
Anandtech

tech2.in

They are coming soon. Maybe a month or so
Reviews-
Gtx 670 2gb

GeForce GTX 670 2 GB Review: Is It Already Time To Forget GTX 680? : Giving GK104 A Haircut

*media.bestofmicro.com/T/V/336739/original/gtx%20670%20front.jpg
More photos-

*media.bestofmicro.com/U/0/336744/original/gtx%20670%20top.jpg

*media.bestofmicro.com/T/U/336738/original/gtx%20670%20back.jpg

*media.bestofmicro.com/T/A/336718/original/3dmark%20overall.png
Quite very impressive :D

and also-

GT 640

Nvidia GeForce GT 640 Review: Cramming Kepler Into GK107 : GeForce GT 640: Nvidia's Entry-Level Gambit

More photos-
*media.bestofmicro.com/6/C/339780/original/Afox%20GT%20640%20front.jpg

*media.bestofmicro.com/6/9/339777/original/Afox%20GT%20640%20back.jpg

*media.bestofmicro.com/6/B/339779/original/Afox%20GT%20640%20Fan.jpg

AVT

Clueless Noob
HIS AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6870 IceQ GPU 1 GB

I live in Delhi NCR area and room temperatures touch 35-40 degrees here. (I don't have an AC).

Is anybody having the card can inform me, will it run cooler than other comparable cards and if it does do you think it justifies its price (around 13k when 7850 are available in 15k range). I live in a hot dusty climate and want a low maintenance cards and its claims of a cooler working seem like a very desirable trait in my future rig.

I don't overclock and never plan to.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ think this will help.

My HD 6950 is idling @ 52 C. At load it is 86 C.

HD 7850 is a lot cooler than that from reviews.

AVT

Clueless Noob
^^ think this will help.

My HD 6950 is idling @ 52 C. At load it is 86 C.

HD 7850 is a lot cooler than that from reviews.

Thanks. It helps. So this means even though I m a miser I'll grit my teeth and go for 7850. Do you think 13 processors will bottleneck the GPU performance ? (initially was going for 15 2400)

surajramnani2k8

Journeyman
Hey guys,I have a question regarding HD6670 Radeon and ASUS P5N E SLI Compatibility?
Hi,Im currently using g Geforce GT240 1GB DDR3 graphics card but it has stopped working since a couple of days.I am now planning to purchase PowerColor AMD/ATI Radeon HD6670 2 GB DDR3 Graphics Card there have been multiple websites which i have gone to which suggest that Asus P5N E Sli does not support the new AMD Cards but this is something i have seen only for HD6850.I m unable to see anyone using P5N E SLI using HD6670 Graphics card.All i need to know is will this graphics card work on the configuration below

Motherboard:Asus P5N E SLI

Processor:Core 2 Duo E6750

RAM:4GB DDR2

Hard disk drive:1.7 TB

PSU:400 Watts Zebronics Platinum

Based on that i would go ahead and book the 6670 Graphics card.Please advise me if this would work for sure?

Would appreciate any help on this

thanks in advance.

anyone?

Cilus

laborare est orare
1st of all, very poor choice of Graphics card version. Buddy, 6670 is a great card when paired with GDDR5 memory. It touches the performance of GTS 450 or HD 6750. But when you pair it a slower DDR3 memory which is more than 2 times slower than GDDR5, the performance drops to GT 440 level, no matter how much Video Memory you put into it.

These value cards like GT 430/440, HD 6670 and 5670, GTS 450 can't use more than 1 GB of memory and manufacturers just replace the high end GDDR5 memory to higher sized far cheaper and less performance based normal DDR3 memory (not even GDDR3, which is still better than DDR3) for creating marketing Gimmik.

Get the Sapphire/MSI HD 6670 1 GB GDDR5 @ 5.4K

I have checked different websites regarding your concern and find out that there are certain issues with AMD 6000 series PCI-E 2.1 cards with the board's PCI-E 1.1 slot.

However, I've checked for the new BIOS for your Motherboard and it looks like Asus has addressed these AMD card related problems with the BIOS Version 1406. Download it from here: ASUS - Motherboards- ASUS P5N-E SLI

surajramnani2k8

Journeyman
Hi Cilus,Thanks for getting back to me on this...i im not sure if ddr5 memory works on my motherboard...if it does i will go for the one you abe suggested do you have an idea if it will work on p5n e sli

Cilus

laborare est orare
Buddy, don't get confused; the Graphics card memory has nothing to do with the Memory support of your Motherboard. Any Graphics card which has a PCI-E X16 interface will work any Motherboard with a PCI-E X16 slot, irrespective of the hardware used in the Graphics card.

Better have a read of this Thread: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-c...ormation-regarding-graphic-cards-newbies.html

It will clear all your doubts.

koolent

Youngling
^^ No problems. Get the DDR5 version from Sapphire. You are not going to use 1 GB memory to the fullest and if you even get more memory, you will not be able to use it. Limited by DDR3.

So get the sapphire one.

Top Bottom