Graphics Cards related queries here.

Sachin2798

Broken In
I Want to purchase a graphic card. my budget is upto Rs. 8000 what would U recommend me to purchase I am currently looking for GTX 550ti. I'm Currently playing games like Call of Duty:MW3, Assassins Creed Revelations, GTA IV, Just Cause 2 and NFS: the run.I want to play these games in 1024 x 768 resolution at medium or high graphics.
My PC specifications are:OS-Windows 7 64-bit
Ram-2 GB
Cpu-Intel Core 2 Duo e4500 2.20 GHz
Graphic Card-8400gs
PSU-?(dont know)

fireshots

Machinehead..
Palit 9400 GT Super+ not working fine.

Hello Friends,

I have Gigabyte 945GCM-S2 mobo with Intel Dual Core 2Ghz CPU, Palit (Nvidia) 9400 GT Super+ 1Gb DDR2, 128 Mhz grafix card & PSU is 230V.

My PC has been working with great efficiency till 15/12/2011. (I bought it on 01/01/09) All of a sudden the video card is showing black screen, onboard video is working fine n due to this Im no longer able to play games, I used to play Burnout - Ulmiate PC box, Dirt 2 and Dirt 3. So can any body tell me aprt from re-inserting the video card and re-installing the fresh copy of drivers how can I resolve this issue as I have isolated this issue with other PCs too. The video card just shows black screen other PCs too.

So do I have a dead Video card or I have some chance of reviving it?!

Note: Occasionally, I can see the display but as soon as I start the race on Dirt 3, it will conk off to black screen. (Remeber I have been playing these games for long on the sam PC).

Kindly suggest how can re-start my gaming using same card. :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
most likely the graphics processor or maybe the memory chips are gone. in both case, its dead and you'll need to get a new one as repairing a GPU mayn't be possible.

fireshots

Machinehead..
You r absolutely right buddy.

i was also under the same impression, but u know how difficult it is to discard a grafix card for gamers like us.

Thanx for ur reply. :)

divyam

PSN- GiGzMo
Ati Radeon 7850 And 7870 Revealed... And The results are awesome so far..!!1
AMD Radeon HD 7870 And 7850 Review: Pitcairn Gets Benchmarked : Radeon HD 7870 and 7850: A Paper Launch by Any Other Name

fireshots

Machinehead..
Hi, wat do u think abt Zotac Nvidia GT240 1GB DRR5, 128 Bit @ 3350/-? Also will I have to change d PSU from 230V to a higher one?

Do u think its a better GPU than 9400 GT super+ ???

Thanx.

Cilus

laborare est orare
no point of spending money on those old GPUs. Performance wise the GT 240 GDDR5 version is just slightly ahead of 9600 GT. Although it is better than 9400 GT card, it is not at all suitable to handle current gen games.

If you're tight on budget, better get HD 5670 512 MB GDDR5 version around 4 to 4.2K. It is equivalent to 9800 GT but consumes very less power and can be used with generic SMPS.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Hi, wat do u think abt Zotac Nvidia GT240 1GB DRR5, 128 Bit @ 3350/-? Also will I have to change d PSU from 230V to a higher one?

Do u think its a better GPU than 9400 GT super+ ???

Thanx.

check this: Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart

if you can't find HD5670 512Mb/1Gb GDDR5 anywhere, get the DDR3 version PowerColor Radeon HD5670 1GB DDR3. performance will be slightly lower than GDDR5 version.

Souro_Ray

In the zone
Well, i fit the card into the PCI-E slot, plugged in the power connectors, attached the display cable to the GPU and the monitor and started the computer. I attached the DVI cable to both, so the monitor just said "DVI no signal". With the VGA and HDMI cables, the message was repeated.

I fit my old 9500GT into the motherboard, and voila! Instant display! Cant understand where the problem is... :(

My motherboard is a Gigabyte 880GM-UD2H, rev 1.3

Edit: same thing happened with my 17inch CRT yesterday. With the new card, the display never came on. But when i put the old card into the motherboard, the display came on as if nothing wrong had happened previously! The new card's fan is spinning, but nothing else is happening to show that its working...

Last edited:

fireshots

Machinehead..
I found Powercolor AMD HD 5670 DDR3 1GB 128 bit on Flipkart for approx 4050/- it also shows it will need 400W PSU n I have 230W.

I dont wanna invest anything in PSU as I have to upgrade my entire system in few months.

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
I found Powercolor AMD HD 5670 DDR3 1GB 128 bit on Flipkart for approx 4050/- it also shows it will need 400W PSU n I have 230W.

I dont wanna invest anything in PSU as I have to upgrade my entire system in few months.

In that price you can get a gddr5 versions which is much much faster than the ddr3 version

fireshots

Machinehead..
In that price you can get a gddr5 versions which is much much faster than the ddr3 version

Thanx Blue,

I will go to Lamington road for purchase n will surely look for DDR5 but my primary concern is that it should work with my existing 230W PSU on Gigabyte 945GCM-S2 mobo.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Well, i fit the card into the PCI-E slot, plugged in the power connectors, attached the display cable to the GPU and the monitor and started the computer. I attached the DVI cable to both, so the monitor just said "DVI no signal". With the VGA and HDMI cables, the message was repeated.

I fit my old 9500GT into the motherboard, and voila! Instant display! Cant understand where the problem is... :(

My motherboard is a Gigabyte 880GM-UD2H, rev 1.3

Edit: same thing happened with my 17inch CRT yesterday. With the new card, the display never came on. But when i put the old card into the motherboard, the display came on as if nothing wrong had happened previously! The new card's fan is spinning, but nothing else is happening to show that its working...

Update the motherboard bios.Maybe some compatibility problem with HD7000 series of card in your MB current bios version.Updating bios can fix the issue.
Or test the HD7950 in your friend's computer.

unkal_sam

Broken In
Hey guys, i want to buy the HD 6670 DDR5. I'll be playing at 1366 x 768 on a Dell 18.5". What is the best price i could get it for in Mumbai? I was also looking for a case fan since mine didn't come with one, so should i go for a 120mm or would a 80mm fan suffice? Thanks:|

Phenom II X4 960T
Gigabyte M68-MT-S2
Corsair 4GB DDR3
Seagate 500 GB
550W PSU

unkal_sam

Broken In
X Tech

Also, Skud, could u help me with the names of a few shops where i could buy the card coz the ones i called up gave me a price of around 5.4k for the MSI 6670 (Don't know if its double or single fan). Is the 512MB version of the same card available??

mr.csk

Right off the assembly line
Hi

iam currently having a core 2duo machine(3 years old) and planning to buy a laptop and planning to use my desktop as a part of the home theatre system. Wish to connect my 42inch LCD to the CPU so that i can watch movies in HD. I had a 8800GT OC edition and it got burnt out 3 months back coz of excessive gaming :)...
Can you please suggest the BEST but CHEAPEST G.card i can buy for that purpose? No gaming, only watching HD movies on tv

Top Bottom