Graphics Cards related queries here.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: Graphics Cards related "general" queries here.

techking_dinesh's query: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/135681-help-me-update-my-pc.html

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ what's that ? When I clicked that I got this :

No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ link updated.

I've locked this thread. Post your "queries" and "discussions" in the Graphic card section. :)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

Thread re-opened. Please use this thread for little queries. :)

papashango_cs

Broken In

hello ! i have some questns, help me out please
while gaming (games like gta 4 , battlfield bd compny 2 , cod Black ops) my graphic card (MSI hd 6850 1 gb ) reaches temp upto 72 C , and cpu upto 50 C , is it normal ?
even though my cabinet is placed in a NOT VERY WELL ventilated area,
the cabinet has total 3 fans, excluding psu obvsly
help !
cpu - amd phenom x4 945

Last edited:

while gaming (games like gta 4 , battlfield bd compny 2 , cod Black ops) my graphic card (MSI hd 6850 1 gb ) reaches temp upto 72 C , and cpu upto 50 C , is it normal ?
even though my cabinet is placed in a NOT WELL ventilated area,
the cabinet has total 3 fans, exlucding psu obvsly
help !

72 C for for your card is totally safe and normal man.
system/case fans don't cool gpu. they only help in airflow... intake and exhaust.

does your gpu have fans on it?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

even though my cabinet is placed in a NOT VERY WELL ventilated area,
the cabinet has total 3 fans, excluding psu obvsly
help !
cpu - amd phenom x4 945

what's the idle temp of the GPU and what's your ambient temp ?

Piyush

Lanaya

that cpu temp at gaming is normal
not sure about the graphic card readings

papashango_cs

Broken In

thankyou all !
yes, my card has a fan..
GPU idle temp is ~ 36
CPU idle temp is ~ 25
ambient temp (room temp.. right ?) ~ 22
1 more questn, my cabinet is placed in a cabinet box typ space, like we used to have those old computer tables where the cabinet goes in.. that is not very well ventilated atleast in my case, in summers, should i keep the cabinet outside ? .. like on the table.. ?
would that help to maintain good temp.. ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Those temps seems to be normal.

I would suggest you to replace the front fan of the cabby with a good 2000 RPM 120 mm fan nad add a 120mm fan at the back of that cabinet to improve airflow and reduce temp further.

clear_lot

Journeyman

all the games you mentioned are multi threded and use all the 4 cores you have.
also the load is distributed over all the cores. so a temp of 50 of tthe cpu is fine.

if you have the stock gpu cooling(no cyclone or TFII) 72 is also fine but a bit high. you can manually increase the fan speed using the msi afterurner. these cards are ususally programed to favor lower noise(lower fan speed) over higher temps, as the official safe temps are ~90 degrees.

no real need to change anything, really.

shirazhansen

Broken In

Hi everybody,

I have a weird problem with my ati hd radeon 4850. Sometimes when i'm playin a movie or a game, everything freezes for a while, and then i get multicolored, pixelated horizontal lines on the screen. Then everything goes blank for a while, and i get messages like "Display driver crashed and has recovered" or "amdkmdap has stopped working". This keeps happening until i uninstall all ati drivers in safe mode, and install them again.
It works fine for a few hours, but then the problem starts again, and i have to go through the process again. I've tried several drivers, including the latest ones, the ones that came with the card as well as other stable versions.
I have xp and vista installed, and the problem appears in both OSes.
I tried cleaning the card, checked the temperatures, cleaned the fan, even the ram sticks and the motherboard.
I have a Corsair TX650 PSU, so i dont think it's a lack of power issue.

Anybody else had this problem so far? If so could u help me out?

Piyush

Lanaya

its a famous problem
some guys say that un-instaling CCC do wonders
some say it only happens in multiplayer games
and some say it happens with high demanding games

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

Re-installing the CCC will do. try driversweeper to clean the drivers from PC, and re-install it. Try to remove and re-insert the GPU. It solved the issue for me once. :D

Zishi

Broken In

What price of Sapphire HD6870 in Nehru Palace Delhi, Does anyone know? Is it better thar gtx 465

abirthedevil

In the zone

GTX465 is utter crap, 6870 is easily better than it, should cost around 13k-13.5k Sapphire HD 6870 GDDR5 1GB Graphic Card ― Lynx - The Audio , Electronics And Computer Online Store In India but im my opinion get vapor edition with custom cooler for a bitt more cash but better still go for 6950 1gb it sells for 14.5k here .:: Yantra Online ::. its a delhi store so you can even purchase if you dont want to buy online

ithehappy

Human Spambot

I am asking this for my friend who purchased a AUS GTX 570 1280MB Overclock and Corsair 550 today and having problem during installation,
He is saying that there is no display coming in his Samsung 20'' monitor, he installed the card and plugged the 6 pin power connector, the card has two power connector though, but he plugged to one and the other is empty. So does he have to connect to both 6 pin connectors or else?

Top Bottom