Graphics Cards related queries here.

rajan1311

Padawan
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

look for the bill...if all hope is lost, get an Oven and heat it, see if it works for u...

contact them by mail and attach the copy of the bill (pdf) thats what i did for my coolermaster RMA (which was made really easy courtesy hawk @E ).

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Theres 2 ways to become famous in tech world. 1. Provide products carrying good value at cheap price. 2. Bring products that thrashes its competitor. well Palit just found a 3rd way, bringing WORST PRODUCTS.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

Palit used to be... one of the better cheaper alternatives... looks like they've gone down

sasuke

Broken In

guys i bought a hd 5750 from asus formula card and a gigabyte superb 460W. Thank you guys. though things got a bit overbudget but i managed it.
the card is awesome i am able to run nfs shift at full settings.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

congrats. how much both cost? the Formula series very well priced & can be overcloked well.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

guys i bought a hd 5750 from asus formula card and a gigabyte superb 460W. Thank you guys. though things got a bit overbudget but i managed it.
the card is awesome i am able to run nfs shift at full settings.

congrats for your new gears.

BTW, have you seen any HD 5770 formula series card ?

sasuke

Broken In

hmmm thanks guys. i got psu for rs 2100 and card for rs 7450.
i didnt see any formula card for hd 5770 but some other brand card was there.

Last edited:

clear_lot

Journeyman

hi!
my bro is erturning from USA and i want him to bring a card from there.
i am thinking of either a hd5870 or gtx480
no SLI for me
which would be better?
these are the cheapest i can find on tigerdirect/newegg

gtx480--> gigabyte @ Rs. 21113.71 (tigerdirect)
hd5870--> gigabyte@ Rs.16844.05 (newegg)
hd5870-->xfx@Rs21113.71 (tigerdirect)
which should i buy?
also suggest other brands whith reference to service in delhi. (msi,palit,zotac).
xfx has a tie in with rashi peripherals and has a colection centre.
thnks!

Last edited:

amitjha

Broken In

hey guys could you please suggest a gfx card under 5k..
Thanks a lot in advance to all those who reply...

tkin

Back to school!!

hi!
no SLI for me
which would be better?

hd5870--> gigabyte@ Rs.16844.05 (newegg)
which should i buy?
also suggest other brands whith reference to service in delhi. (msi,palit,zotac).
thnks!
Most companies don't have international warranty so if you buy from US then you'll have to send it to US to claim warranty, so that's out of the list.

The GTX480 runs damn hot so you'll either need an air conditioned room or liquid cooling else the card will start to throttle, specially with the massive ambient temps during summer, HD5870 looks like the best option for you, tell your bro to buy the card and test it extensively, if it passes the test for a few days straight then it'll probably run for a long time.

And beware of XFX Cards, they ditched the reference design and the new design has lots of issues, look at my sig, my HD5850 broke with the first pass of furmark. Tell your bro to get a HD5870 with the reference design(the card that shows up in amd website).

PS: A lot of cards from new egg is DOA(dead on arrival), so make sure that your bro tests the card before returning.

I'm not sure about most cases but rashi WILL NOT give you warranty for a card that was bought abroad, they clearly stated that to me when my HD5850 broke, the card must be imported by them, you can ask the distributors about that.

Given the circumstances its always better to buy computer peripherals from indian stores.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!

welcome back Tkin bro
any update on your XFX 5850 RMA?:)
how long will the RMA take?

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

hey guys could you please suggest a gfx card under 5k..
Thanks a lot in advance to all those who reply...
Sapphire HD5670 @4850 bucks(shipped)
check Erodov forums bazaar:p

clear_lot

Journeyman

Most companies don't have international warranty so if you buy from US then you'll have to send it to US to claim warranty, so that's out of the list.

The GTX480 runs damn hot so you'll either need an air conditioned room or liquid cooling else the card will start to throttle, specially with the massive ambient temps during summer, HD5870 looks like the best option for you, tell your bro to buy the card and test it extensively, if it passes the test for a few days straight then it'll probably run for a long time.

And beware of XFX Cards, they ditched the reference design and the new design has lots of issues, look at my sig, my HD5850 broke with the first pass of furmark. Tell your bro to get a HD5870 with the reference design(the card that shows up in amd website).

PS: A lot of cards from new egg is DOA(dead on arrival), so make sure that your bro tests the card before returning.

I'm not sure about most cases but rashi WILL NOT give you warranty for a card that was bought abroad, they clearly stated that to me when my HD5850 broke, the card must be imported by them, you can ask the distributors about that.

Given the circumstances its always better to buy computer peripherals from indian stores.

thanks tkin
have heard that hd5000 series dont like furmark and when tested, throttle down to low clocks.
the only charm of ordering abroad is the price.I can get a 5870 from US for the same price as a 5850 in india.
and a 480 in usa is almost the same as 470 in india.
too bad yours went kaput :sad:
did you send yours to USA?

funkysourav

What The.... !!!

hi!
no SLI for me
which would be better?

hd5870--> gigabyte@ Rs.16844.05
(newegg)
which should i buy?
thnks!

get the Gigabyte GTX480(non reference cooler version)
or
Zotac GTX480 AMP!! version
the prices look superb!!

clear_lot

Journeyman

^^ thats the only reason for gettig it abroad.
is the price difference between 5870 and 480 justisfied with reference to performance after oc'ing? on an average the 5870 is cheaper by Rs.5000

tkin

Back to school!!

welcome back Tkin bro
any update on your XFX 5850 RMA?:)
how long will the RMA take?

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Sapphire HD5670 @4850 bucks(shipped)
check Erodov forums bazaar:p
RMA done(yippy), they gave a new product, no refurbish or anything, a brand new model that I just registered in the XFX website(weird thing is that the last model is still shown as registered, wonder which unlucky idiot will end up with the broken card :lol: ), model is same, the package is different though, it has a free Assassins creed game(in a disc rather than that crappy AVP digital download last time), the model number does not appear in the website, but the website accepted it, a little bit of googling tells that this model is for european market only :-|, the guys in the center were very very helpful(akshay enterprises), they actually tested the card with the taxing Lost planet 2 benchmark before giving it to me, much better than the crappy rashi service center, I definitely recommend akshay for any kolkataans going for xfx products.

PS: played crysis warhead for sometime, no problems, but I have my fingers crossed.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

thanks tkin
have heard that hd5000 series dont like furmark and when tested, throttle down to low clocks.
the only charm of ordering abroad is the price.I can get a 5870 from US for the same price as a 5850 in india.
and a 480 in usa is almost the same as 470 in india.
too bad yours went kaput :sad:
did you send yours to USA?
Nah, that was the case for the HD4xxx series, the HD5xxx series runs damn cool and no throttling in case of furmark, the GTX480/470 however reaches 98c in furmark in european countries with 22c ambient, here it may hit 105c in furmark and throttle down, you need to manually set the fan using Kombustor.

No, mine was a parallel import, the dealer took care of it(actually rma'd it faster than rashi usually does, a bit over 3 weeks)

tkin

Back to school!!

congrats on getting your card back (also the free game). enjoy :smile:
Thanks, and the interesting part is that I still have the serial for AvP noted down, since its still registered to my name tells me that I can use that AvP game code in steam, so I actually ended up getting 2 free games, now that's service :lol:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

whats the size of the AVP game? surely above 10Gb. so i think you need to run your PC for a few days at least to get it downloaded (almost all 2010 games are above 10Gb).

Top Bottom