Graphics Cards related queries here.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

^^
Get which ever brand offers better warranty. And since you game on 24", get the 1 GB model.

ancientrites

In the zone

I'm thinking of getting a GTS250(Please don't tell me to go for HD4850).
I'm thinking of getting the MSI GTS250 Twin Frozr Edition but I'm not able to get it. I'm still searching.

If I do not get it which brand GTS250 should I go for? Palit? Zotac?
Also which variant? 512MB or 1GB?

zotac or leadtek with 1gb.
i do have leadtek 8800gtx which served me for more than 3 year still reserved it if my sapphire hd4850 goes down.

Tachyon1986

In the zone

Hi guys, I have a Geforce 9600 GT. It's a great card , but I'd like your suggestions on getting an upgrade.

My budget is around 7000-8000 Rs/-

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

no.
get 9800gt
or get gt250
or gt260

he told his budget 5000 only. so, for that value, getting HD4670 512Mb is best if he gt generic cheap psu. or even HD5670, though i nt know if generic psu wil be able to handle this card.

Hey, I have a 790 GX board (HD 3300) supporting hybrid crossfire. i need to know should I opt for a hybrid crossfire enabled card or any other card within Rs. 6000. Also, tell me which cards can I use as hybrid crossfire.
Will there be any difference between DX 10 & 11 with games played in low settings? Also, can I play DX 11 titles with DX 10 card?
My PC specs: AMD athlon X2 245(2.9 GHz),3x1GB RAM,2 HDDs & 450 W PSU

790GX=HD3300. u'll need a last gen card of HD 32-34** series or HD4350 to do Hybrid Crossfire & its highly recommended not to do so, cause its only wastage of money. For 6000, u better change ur PSU 1st if u gt psu of the caliber of iBall 450W to a better 1 like Vip 400W or Zebronics 350W minimum & get GFX card with rest of the money.

Rajdeep Banik

Broken In

790GX=HD3300. u'll need a last gen card of HD 32-34** series or HD4350 to do Hybrid Crossfire & its highly recommended not to do so, cause its only wastage of money. For 6000, u better change ur PSU 1st if u gt psu of the caliber of iBall 450W to a better 1 like Vip 400W or Zebronics 350W minimum & get GFX card with rest of the money.
OK, I already have a 450W Zebronics' PSU, so I am looking forward to spend the whole money on graphics card. Please suggest one!!! Also, I have seen that the zotac GT 240 supporting 3D gaming, can I watch 3D movies with my CRT monitor??? :???:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

OK, I already have a 450W Zebronics' PSU, so I am looking forward to spend the whole money on graphics card. Please suggest one!!! Also, I have seen that the zotac GT 240 supporting 3D gaming, can I watch 3D movies with my CRT monitor??? :???:

First things first. Change that PSU. It will not support the type of accelerator you are planning to purchase.

Rajdeep Banik

Broken In

First things first. Change that PSU. It will not support the type of accelerator you are planning to purchase.
Which PSU do u suggest? And what about that 3D thing? Can I watch 3D films on my CRT monitor with GT 240?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Its a 18.5 inches of lcd... while smps is of hp hipro with maximum output of 300W

srry for being late!!1

300W? only? well if you wish to game on 18.5" u can get a card of strength HD4670 512Mb. Also try change your SMPS. 300W is just too low. get a PSU with the remaining money. You can get the HD5670 512Mb also but still u need to change ur PSU. get something of the kind of Zebronics Pro 350W minimum but still get a better 1.

ashwinkartheeban

Right off the assembly line

Hai i've Core2duo 2.93Ghz,Intel G41RQ mother board, 2X2gb (800Mhz) Ram, Power supply 450 Watts.
I want to buy a Graphics Card for Playing games. What could be the best card for my mother board.
Budget: upto 6k. Can be increased if i could get a better graphics card.
Also tell me,
1,Should i upgrade my SMPS?
2,Which will best suit my mother board? DDR3/DDR2 Graphic Card?
3,A 512MB fast processor/ 1GB Slow Processor. Which will perform better?
4, should i go for some extra cooling for Graphic Card?
5, I read for now its better to buy a DX11 Graphic card. Should i go for this or buy a old DX10 and upgrade the drivers? Which will be best.

Please help me in finding solutions for this.
Thanks in advance.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Hai i've Core2duo 2.93Ghz,Intel G41RQ mother board, 2X2gb (800Mhz) Ram, Power supply 450 Watts.
I want to buy a Graphics Card for Playing games. What could be the best card for my mother board.
Also tell me,
5, I read for now its better to buy a DX11 Graphic card. Should i go for this or buy a old DX10 and upgrade the drivers? Which will be best.

Thanks in advance.

1) it depends on what graphics u want to buy. if u get a card like ATI HD4770, HD5750 & above or 9600GT & above, & ur SMPS is from iball or some local brands, change is needed.

2) DDR1, DDR4, DDR5 also. anything wil suit your mobo provided u gt the money to spend.

3) 512Mb fats processor? slow processor? i never knew processor got its own memory of the size of Gigabytes :grin:

4) u can if u OC ur graphics card to extreme level or your GFX card cooler not working properly. i tell its extra expenses & should b avoided.

5) DX11 is a technology thats must b supported by graphics card itself. it can't be enabled later though use of drivers. though updating drivers is a very good practice.

Am i able to clear your confusion abt graphics card & its relation with the rest of the PC, mate?

kevivvivek

Right off the assembly line

Hi
I have a M4N78 Pro motherboard from Asus. I have installed an XFX Geforce GTS250 graphics card in it.
Now I have planned to buy a new Graphics Card from ATI (Asus ATI Radeon 5850).
I want to know if the new graphics card (ATI) will be compatible with my mother board.
Kindly Reply.
Regards
Vivek

Hi
I have a M4N78 Pro motherboard from Asus. I have installed an XFX Geforce GTS250 graphics card in it.
I want to know if the new graphics card (ATI) will be compatible with my mother board.
Kindly Reply.
Regards
Vivek

if you are replacing the new one with old one then ok( if your m/b supports express16 slot rev.2) however you cant use both.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Also tell me,

Thanks in advance.

1. Which exact PSU you have.
2. Most cards today have GDDR3 or GDDR5. (This is graphics memory different to motherboard memory)
3. Not sure what you asking here.
4. No need. Stock GPU cooling is just fine.
5. Depends what GPU you go for. Answer above, then we can advice.

Hi
Kindly Reply.
Regards
Vivek

It is an nForce NVIDIA GeForce 8300 chipset board. It has 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 with the full link width. You should be able to use the HD5850 on it. Good board. Though which PSU you have..?

Top Bottom