Graphics Cards related queries here.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

How is that possible..? Most fast cards have equal to or greater to memory than the slower counterparts. Weird comparison.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

How is that possible..? Most fast cards have equal to or greater to memory than the slower counterparts. Weird comparison.

no, u gt it wrong. he means a fast card for example 9600GT 512Mb GDDR3 vs slower counter part 9500GT 1Gb DDR2. obviously the 9600GT wil be better even with half the amount of memory as the 9500GT.

divyam

PSN- GiGzMo

300W? only? well if you wish to game on 18.5" u can get a card of strength HD4670 512Mb. Also try change your SMPS. 300W is just too low. get a PSU with the remaining money. You can get the HD5670 512Mb also but still u need to change ur PSU. get something of the kind of Zebronics Pro 350W minimum but still get a better 1.

How much will it cost me the HD4670 512 MB and a gud PSU?
Does the HD4670 be needing an additional power supply.. or it can draw all form the PCI Express card slot?
THanks very much?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

no, u gt it wrong. he means a fast card for example 9600GT 512Mb GDDR3 vs slower counter part 9500GT 1Gb DDR2. obviously the 9600GT wil be better even with half the amount of memory as the 9500GT.

oh ok. Got it.

Yoda

Journeyman

Hi,

I have an old ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe mobo. which has only got a AGP Slot (AGP 8x). My current graphics card is Gigabyte GV-R96X128D (ATI Radeon 9600XT) (128 MB DDR).

I want to upgrade my Graphics card with a DirectX 10 or DirextX 11 AGP Graphics Card (256 MB or 512 MB) with has got VGA and DVI ports.

Can someone suggest me a DirectX 10.1 or 11 AGP Graphics card that will be compatible for my mobo. AGP 8x slot to replace my old graphics card. Also advice me whether the SMPS is good enough to power a new graphics card.

My PC Config
------------
CPU Type = AMD Athlon XP, 1913 MHz (11.5 x 166) 2600+

MotherBoard = ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe REV 2.xx
Motherboard Chipset = nVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400
nVidia nForce2 MCP-T

Main BIOS = Phoenix-Award BIOS v6.00PG
ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe ACPI BIOS Rev 1013

Silicon Image SATA Link Sil3112ACT144 (Chipset)
Sil3112A Sata Raid BIOS version 4.2.50 (Current version)

Graphics Card -- Gigabyte GV-R96X128D (ATI Radeon 9600XT) (128 MB DDR)

System Memory = 2 GB DDR SDRAM

Zebronics ATX Cabinet Model: ZEB-211A-Elegance
SMPS -- AC 230V ATX-Switching Power Supply Model: LC-B500E (Total Output: 500W)

Optical Drive = BENQ DVD DD DW1640 (DVD Writer) (IDE)

UPS -- APC Back-UPS ES 500 (500VA) (230 V) (300 Watts)

Monitor = HP w1907 19" TFT LCD Widescreen

Thanks and Regards
Rafales

Cilus

laborare est orare

Your Processor/mobo is too old. Even if you add a New Gen Gfx card, There will be bottleneck due to your CPU/mobo, and your system won't be able to fetch the performance from the Gfx card.
For AGP 8X card go for Sapphire ATI Radeon HD4670 1GB DDR2 @ 5.1k. It is a DirectX 10.1 card and will play most of the games in decent resolution. I think your PSU will be ok to drive this card.
But I strongly recommend you to update your Processor/Mobo combo.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

How much will it cost me the HD4670 512 MB and a gud PSU?
Does the HD4670 be needing an additional power supply.. or it can draw all form the PCI Express card slot?
THanks very much?

u should get HD4670 512Mb for around 4.2-4.5k. still if budget allows try get the HD 5670 512Mb. Though it'll cost you 1k more but its future proof as it supports DX11 & also performance is worth the price. Also as the stock of old 4 series ATI cards comes down prices are bound to increase.

& for PSU, check if you can get ur hands on Gigabyte Superb 460W @ 2.2-2.3k. else minimum is VIP 400W or Zebronics 350W Pro.

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Your Processor/mobo is too old. Even if you add a New Gen Gfx card, There will be bottleneck due to your CPU/mobo, and your system won't be able to fetch the performance from the Gfx card.
For AGP 8X card go for Sapphire ATI Radeon HD4670 1GB DDR2 @ 5.1k. It is a DirectX 10.1 card and will play most of the games in decent resolution. I think your PSU will be ok to drive this card.
But I strongly recommend you to update your Processor/Mobo combo.

also ram :)

bhadkow

Broken In

my pc config is as follows

ram 2gb @667mhz
processor: amd anthlon x2 4600(dualcore 2.4ghz)
zotac nvidia geforce 9500gt (512mb)

my problem is when i play latest game titles like burnout,race driver grid,dirt 2 etc..... it works well for a couple of minutes and then lags for 20 sec... even if i play at low res the problem continues....
pls suggest me any solution... im getting frustrated with it

Cilus

laborare est orare

Make sure you have installed the latest drivers. Remove the old drivers by using Nvidia Driver removal tool and install new one. Also this problem may be from ur PSU. Let us know what SMPS u r using..like the brand name, Wattage etc.

bhadkow

Broken In

Make sure you have installed the latest drivers. Remove the old drivers by using Nvidia Driver removal tool and install new one. Also this problem may be from ur PSU. Let us know what SMPS u r using..like the brand name, Wattage etc.
ya ive installed the new drivers downloaded them from nvidia.com
andmy psu is p4 intex 450watts... it costs around 450/-

help needed plz...

hi..!
well..i currently hav a msi geforce 9400gt 1 gb graphic card,.
will all latest games work with it,>?or shud i buy a new 1..
my budget will be 6000-8000k..
also..will 2 graphic crds be put together,>?
i hav a gigabyte g31m-s2l motherboard..plz help..

tkin

Back to school!!
Re: help needed plz...

hi..!
well..i currently hav a msi geforce 9400gt 1 gb graphic card,.
will all latest games work with it,>?or shud i buy a new 1..
my budget will be 6000-8000k..
also..will 2 graphic crds be put together,>?
i hav a gigabyte g31m-s2l motherboard..plz help..
No, 9400GT won't play latest games.
To answer that question we need to know a few more details:
1. Processor model.
2. Power Supply(make and model).

Now you can't put another graphics card in as that mobo has only one PCIe X16 slot, even if you could it won't matter as 9400GT does not support SLI(multi GPU in nVidia terms), so you need a good GPU to play latest games.

I suggest PowerColour HD4870 512MB GDDR5 @ 8k or Palit HD4850 512MB GDDR3 @ 6.8k but you need a good PSU to power it, also if you have a inferior CPU the card will be bottlenecked or held back.

The HD4870 can play all latest games maxed out but it does not support DX11(true DX11 games will arrive from late 2010 or 2011), so if you need a future proof GPU I suggest you get PowerColour PCS HD5750 1GB GDDR5 @ 8.5k, this performs a bit slower that HD4870 but can play DX11 titles.

sam_ir

Broken In

hey guys please answer my query:?:
Is Sapphire HD 5570 1GB DDR3 and 5450 available in india?
what is the price?

vaishakh_p

Right off the assembly line

hey
plz suggest me a graphics card
ma buget is 5k
m having a 15'' crt moniter
processor:intel core 2 duo e7500(2.93ghz)
motherboard: Gigabite G31M-S2L
ram : 2gb kingston
smps: i ball LPS223-400
HDD: 320GB
and
how much xfx 4670(1gb),xfx 5670(512mb) and xfx 9600gt(1gb) costs??
do dey require branded smps??
if yes dan which smps is better n affordable??

Cilus

laborare est orare

ya ive installed the new drivers downloaded them from nvidia.com
andmy psu is p4 intex 450watts... it costs around 450/-
Then you problem is probably from the PSU. These kind of generic PSUs are not good for powering a standard Gfx card. Probably ur 9500 Gt is the GDDR3 version and hence requires more power. Go for at least VIP Gold 500W @ 2.2 k or Gigabyte 80 Plus Active PFC 460W @ 2.2k

Hsakarp_kahtap

CG Artist++

Guys i need experts help ... i decided to purchase MSI 5670 DDR5 512 mb Card & vip Gold 400w Psu But my current mobo doesn't have pci-e 16Slot , i need a good mobo within 4-5k which will support 8gb ram 667 fs and dvi- output,
My current config is
Pentinum D3.0 GHz, 2 Gb Ram ddr 667 fs, Lg19'Lcd

Thanks in advance

divyam

PSN- GiGzMo

u should get HD4670 512Mb for around 4.2-4.5k. still if budget allows try get the HD 5670 512Mb. Though it'll cost you 1k more but its future proof as it supports DX11 & also performance is worth the price. Also as the stock of old 4 series ATI cards comes down prices are bound to increase.

& for PSU, check if you can get ur hands on Gigabyte Superb 460W @ 2.2-2.3k. else minimum is VIP 400W or Zebronics 350W Pro.

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ---------

hey... thanks man...
Can u suggest me a gud LCD monitor of 21" under 10k
i was thinking of the dell...
Suggest me a gud one please.. not necessarily of dell
I must get gud gamin on that one

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

also ram :)
hey... thanks man...
Can u suggest me a gud LCD monitor of 21" under 10k
i was thinking of the dell...
Suggest me a gud one please.. not necessarily of dell
I must get gud gamin on that one

Top Bottom