Graphics Cards related queries here.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

AMD Athlon x2 6000+ is a very good cpu for gaming and It's around 3.5-4K but more and more games are going with multicore optimization so future games will benifit more from multicore cpus.

But 1st generation of phenom cpus are nt that great performer so update your mobos bios and check whether your mobo supports AMD Athlon 7750BE ( around 3-3.2K ) which will be good upgrade as compared to your current cpu.

Cilus

laborare est orare

tushargupta, u r in luck, Asus M2A-VM supports even the Phenom II CPUS although they are not mentioned in the Support list and you will find an unknown processor in BIOS. U need to update the Bios for AM2+ processor support. It supports 125W processors. So if you want you can go for Athlon II Processors also.Go for Athlon II X2 240 2.8GHz @ 2.7k. There will be huge performance update. AMD Athlon 7750BE won't be any problem for the motherboard.
You can even install a Athlon II 620 Quad on it. But there is some trick. Check the link
*vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20091009015507687&board_id=1&model=M2A-VM&page=1&SLanguage=en-us abut the trick.

debasis.samantaray@gmail.

Right off the assembly line

Recently I got a card N8400gs-d512h, with dual monitor support but I am not able to view display on two monitors, Dvi adapter is there. And I would like to get suggestion for settings of this card for Call of duty 4

DhawalJain

Right off the assembly line

HI,
I have a Core 2 Duo Processor G31/33
motherboard also g31/33 512MB PCI onboard
RAM 1GB Ram
Which Graphic card can run smoothly on this confirguration in ATI Series as NVidia has heat issues.
ALso can u tell me a game called JUST CAUSE doesn't work becuase it doesn't have vertex shading....can u pls advice me about this

Cilus

laborare est orare

HI,
I have a Core 2 Duo Processor G31/33
motherboard also g31/33 512MB PCI onboard
RAM 1GB Ram
Which Graphic card can run smoothly on this confirguration in ATI Series as NVidia has heat issues.
ALso can u tell me a game called JUST CAUSE doesn't work becuase it doesn't have vertex shading....can u pls advice me about this

You guys are having a lot of problem to identify proper Gfx card for ur systems. There are mostly 2 types of Gfx card available now, one is having PCI Express X16 interface (New ones) and other is AGP 8X/4x interface (very Old ones).
Now if your mobo is having a PCI express X16 slot, then u can plug any PCI express Gfx card on it, irrespective company, Ram type or Ram size. The thing matters is ur SMPS or PSU. if u r having a miidle or high-end Gfx card, u need to have at-least 460/500W PSU (not generic, but branded).

Now please tell us what SMPS u r having and the . Then only we can suggest Gfx card for u.
And Vertex shader is a graphics processing function used by the Graphics processing unit (GPU) graphics processing function to add special effects to objects in a 3D environment.
Their are different levels of Vertex shader model. Now if a game has higher version of vertex shader implemented on it and ur GPU does not have minimum Hardware implemented vertex shader version to run it, u will have this error. You can also have it if u don't have latest driver. It looks like ur Onboard GPU is supporting the game.

MB Name:Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.G31M-ES2L
CPU Name :pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz
Memory information :2GB RAM DDR2

Suggest some 1gb graphics card
with features which will allow me to play almost all the games

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!

MB Name:Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.G31M-ES2L
CPU Name :pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz
Memory information :2GB RAM DDR2

Suggest some 1gb graphics card
with features which will allow me to play almost all the games
Tell us your PSU model and budget, 1GB cards ranges from 6k to 25k :grin:

Remove the mail address, you don't want spams.

here nvidia 1gb 9400 for 3200
is it ok for my sys
and will it be able to play most of the games

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

and smps brand i will tell soon as i open my cabinet

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

and local one cost around 2850 1 gb

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

in chennai......

tkin

Back to school!!

here nvidia 1gb 9400 for 3200
is it ok for my sys
and will it be able to play most of the games

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

and smps brand i will tell soon as i open my cabinet

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

and local one cost around 2850 1 gb

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

in chennai......
If you play at resolutions higher than 800x600 then that card is useless for most modern games or most previous games that came out in the last two years.

Video card memory size does not indicate its performance, there are other factors like shader count and memory speed that indicates it, supposing you want to play all latest games @ 1280x1024 resolution or below you need to buy at least Palit 9600GT 512MB GDDR3 for 4.9k, if you play @ higher resolution(1440x900 above) then you need atleast HD4850 512MB GDDR5 @ 7k(but then you also need a good PSU like Gigabyte 80 Plus PSU 460W @ 2.2k)

tushargupta

Broken In

tushargupta, u r in luck, Asus M2A-VM supports even the Phenom II CPUS although they are not mentioned in the Support list and you will find an unknown processor in BIOS. U need to update the Bios for AM2+ processor support. It supports 125W processors. So if you want you can go for Athlon II Processors also.Go for Athlon II X2 240 2.8GHz @ 2.7k. There will be huge performance update. AMD Athlon 7750BE won't be any problem for the motherboard.
You can even install a Athlon II 620 Quad on it. But there is some trick. Check the link
*vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20091009015507687&board_id=1&model=M2A-VM&page=1&SLanguage=en-us abut the trick.

Here is some data about the CPUs that i collected from wikipedia:
For Athlon II 620 Quad 2.6 GHz has TDP of 95W L2-4*512KB L3-0
Athlon II X2 240 @ 2.8Ghz has TDP of 65W L2-2*1MB L3-0
Athlon 7750BE @2.7 Ghz has TDP of 95 W L2-512KB per core L3-2MB (shared)
Athlon X2 6000+ Brisbane @ 3.1 Ghz has TDP 65W L2-512KB per core L3-0

For Athlon II 620 quad i will have to disable cool and quiet in bios which will result in high power consumption at idle (as my pc is ON for most of the day for downloading) so this CPU gets a thumbs down from my side.

I think dual core at higher clock speeds is good for gaming now as future games will be more optimised for quads (like topgear said in previous post) and by the time that comes i will be upgrading my CPU (and maybe mobo also) in another 1.5 - 2 years

After seeing above data i m in favor of X2 6000+ Brisbane as it has highest clock speed and lowest power consumption 65W. It is less than X2 240in L2 cache and from 7750BE in L3 cache as well. Will these result in better gaming performance than 6000+

Pls guide... Also tell nehru place rates of these CPUs.

Detailed Windows 7 PC Performance tool score is as follows:
CPU - 4.9
RAM - 4.9
Graphics - 5.8
Gaming Graphics - 6.4
HDD - 5.9

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

You can OC 7750BE as It's has unlocked Multiplier - so reaching 3.1GHz will be a cakewalk :p

Your mobo does not officially supports AMD Athlon II X2 240 or Quad 320 - but if you are enthusuaistic enough you can give them a try :p

If you play at resolutions higher than 800x600 then that card is useless for most modern games or most previous games that came out in the last two years.

Video card memory size does not indicate its performance, there are other factors like shader count and memory speed that indicates it, supposing you want to play all latest games @ 1280x1024 resolution or below you need to buy at least Palit 9600GT 512MB GDDR3 for 4.9k, if you play @ higher resolution(1440x900 above) then you need atleast HD4850 512MB GDDR5 @ 7k(but then you also need a good PSU like Gigabyte 80 Plus PSU 460W @ 2.2k)

smps tech com 450w

Cilus

laborare est orare

Then for a good Gfx card u need to install a good PSU. My suggestion is Gigabyte 460W 80+ certified @ 2.2k. Now let us know about the budget for the Gfx card.

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg

After seeing above data i m in favor of X2 6000+ Brisbane as it has highest clock speed and lowest power consumption 65W. It is less than X2 240in L2 cache and from 7750BE in L3 cache as well. Will these result in better gaming performance than 6000+
7750 overclocked to 3ghz will only be slightly better than 6000 due to chipset limitation, both 7750 n 240 are faster than 6000 but wont work at full speed in ur mobo.
But u dont have much choice because both 7750 and 6000 are not available in market isn't?

i saw the details of nvidia it says its k with 400w smps itself

budget dont bother i can get it here for low

suggest me the mid range ones

tkin

Back to school!!

i saw the details of nvidia it says its k with 400w smps itself

budget dont bother i can get it here for low

suggest me the mid range ones
Your local SMPS can't deliver even 300w.

Mid range ranges from 7-13k.

k suggest some name
brand and series

in the mid range
just for a little gaming
and dvd movies

Last edited:
Top Bottom