Graphics Cards related queries here.

snehit

Broken In
WHich configuration is better choice for gaming

I am thinking to order this configuration for HP laptop but probably graphics card is the average even Nvidia stated that this card is "performance". I want to play high end game. what I gonna do?

Espresso Black
• Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
• Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-720QM Processor (1.6GHz, 6MB L2 Cache, 1333MHz FSB) w/Turbo Boost up to 2.8 GHz
• FREE Upgrade to 4GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm) from 2GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• FREE Upgrade to 320GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
• 1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 230M
• 15.6" diagonal High Definition LED HP Brightview Widescreen Display (1366x768)
• LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-RW with Double Layer Support
• Webcam Only
• Intel Wireless-N Card
• HP Integrated HDTV Hybrid Tuner
• HP Color Matching Keyboard
• 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
• No Modem
• System Recovery DVD with Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
• Microsoft(R) Works 9.0
• HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope

Espresso Black
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo Processor P7550 (2.26GHz, 3 MB L2 Cache, 1066MHz FSB)
4GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
FREE Upgrade to 500GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive from 250GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
1GB ATI Radeon(TM) HD 4650 Graphics
15.6" diagonal High Definition LED HP Brightview Widescreen Display (1366x768)
LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-RW with Double Layer Support
Webcam Only
Intel Wireless-N Card
HP Integrated HDTV Hybrid Tuner
HP Color Matching Keyboard
6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
No Modem
System Recovery DVD with Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Microsoft(R) Works 9.0
HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope

Last edited:

snehit

Broken In
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

please reply soon. i want to buy it early may be in two or three days

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!

I am thinking to order this configuration for HP laptop but probably graphics card is the average even Nvidia stated that this card is "performance". I want to play high end game. what I gonna do?

Espresso Black
• Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
• Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-720QM Processor (1.6GHz, 6MB L2 Cache, 1333MHz FSB) w/Turbo Boost up to 2.8 GHz
• FREE Upgrade to 4GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm) from 2GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• FREE Upgrade to 320GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
• 1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 230M
• 15.6" diagonal High Definition LED HP Brightview Widescreen Display (1366x768)
• LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-RW with Double Layer Support
• Webcam Only
• Intel Wireless-N Card
• HP Integrated HDTV Hybrid Tuner
• HP Color Matching Keyboard
• 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
• No Modem
• System Recovery DVD with Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
• Microsoft(R) Works 9.0
• HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope
OK, bad news, that won't play any good high end game(forget crysis, that won't run far cry 2).
Tell us your budget.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

please reply soon. i want to buy it early may be in two or three days

The mobile graphics card version is 40% less performance compared to Desktop version

For ex.ie - GTX 260 & GTX 260M are same category but desktop & mobile version bay be said as eco version powerless , the mobile version performs 25-30% lesser than desktop version

Krow

Crowman

I've read that mobile versions of GT200's are rebrands of 9xxxM series. Is this correct?

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

what other option I do have for gaming laptop? what kinda card i need to have in laptop

Studio XPS 16 from DELL cost u 67000 - 69000 but it comes with HD4670 moderate to play only @ 1200 X 800 kinda resolutions not more than that !

Please if u want to go for gaming then desktop is the only choice or else u need more than 1 lakh budget for laptop

snehit

Broken In

Studio XPS 16 from DELL cost u 67000 - 69000 but it comes with HD4670 moderate to play only @ 1200 X 800 kinda resolutions not more than that !

Please if u want to go for gaming then desktop is the only choice or else u need more than 1 lakh budget for laptop

okay. I got the clear understanding for this. What about GTX series? Is that better in all the graphics card available today?

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

okay. I got the clear understanding for this. What about GTX series? Is that better in all the graphics card available today?

@ now , HD 58XX series is peak for ur budget if ur going for Desktop HD58XX DX11 series is an option , GTX is OLD 08 cards but enough power to handle todays games @ full HD 1080p buts it is DX10

If u r going for Desktop please post BUDGET based on the config u need ??

If u r gaming desktop means i ll tell u the config & more over u can have everyone suggestion to make best gaming gaming desktop ever

snehit

Broken In

@ now , HD 58XX series is peak for ur budget if ur going for Desktop HD58XX DX11 series is an option , GTX is OLD 08 cards but enough power to handle todays games @ full HD 1080p buts it is DX10

If u r going for Desktop please post BUDGET based on the config u need ??

If u r gaming desktop means i ll tell u the config & more over u can have everyone suggestion to make best gaming gaming desktop ever

hey thnx. So what is best HD 58XX series or GTX one ?.I can afford laptop but I cannot afford desktop as I am trying for student visa laptop is the only option

Last edited:

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

hey thnx. So what is best HD 58XX series or GTX one .I can afford laptop but I cannot afford desktop as I am trying for student visa laptop is the only option

Alienware MX15 is 1.2lakh comes with GTX 260M will satisfy all ur needs - u can get thru DELL

DELL.CO.IN

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg

My friends gfx card xfx 8600gt bought on August 2007 is dead,
do anyone know the warranty period for xfx card in india??

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

@ snehit

Hi buddy

If you're considering a gaming laptop then i suggest you to wait a bit until you jump the ALIENWARE bandwagon.The reason is that the current mobile gpu's (the gtx260m in case of mx15) will become obsolete as they don't support upcoming dx11.So the graphics chips of current laptops will be replaced by dx11 supporting cards.Since ATI has already launched its 58xx series mobile gpu's & i suggest to wait until they find their way into the mx518.

Since you'll be spending more than a lakh, i don't recommend purchasing old hardware.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Alienware MX15 is 1.2lakh comes with GTX 260M will satisfy all ur needs - u can get thru DELL

DELL.CO.IN

Imagine with 1.2L, the type of assembled system which can be created..Mmmm..! Alienware is way way way to over priced and over hyped.

snehit

Broken In

@ snehit

Hi buddy

If you're considering a gaming laptop then i suggest you to wait a bit until you jump the ALIENWARE bandwagon.The reason is that the current mobile gpu's (the gtx260m in case of mx15) will become obsolete as they don't support upcoming dx11.So the graphics chips of current laptops will be replaced by dx11 supporting cards.Since ATI has already launched its 58xx series mobile gpu's & i suggest to wait until they find their way into the mx518.

Since you'll be spending more than a lakh, i don't recommend purchasing old hardware.

thanks dear for your warm reply. I am not going for alienware anyhow. I am nt that fool. I really appreciate your say. What you think how much time I need to wait to have my laptop? Desktop graphics card is now suppporting dx11 but any idea when for laptop?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

Wait till march if you can and you'll be ready for some awesome deals.The dell studio xps 16 comes with a core i7 mobile processor i.e the 720qm.It just doesnt have a good graphics solution and does with a 4670.Wait until a new dx11 gpu heads into the xps 16.

Top Bottom