Graphics Cards related queries here.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

I was so happy when I unboxed HD4850 thinkin' I had one of the most powerful GPU, but now, it's sh*t! Paid a staggerin' 13.6K!! :cry:

This will happen every year....new one comes old one becomes crap....
bcoz we have moore's law in 1st place.....:arrow::arrow::arrow:

iKnow

Right off the assembly line

1st check your mobo has PCI-E slot or not....& then decide...:|

within 6k u can get HD4770 or HD4830 :p also u need a gud PSU
I have one PCI-E slot as well as a std PCI slot. Should I worry about SMPS? Because i am not sure about my PC's Wattage :(
Thaks for the reply

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!

@Karan: Yeah, new one comes and ol' one goes, just like humans. I soon gonna go :D. But some can buy new ones & some can't. And, I'm in the latter group o' guys. :(

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!

^This guy here: efaco5 is the luckiest dude I've ever seen! Go to his page. He's awesome! Warnin': Explicit content! Reply for y'er post is, that's ol'!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

new card is coming -*news.cnet.com/8301-13924_3-10400295-64.html

It's already released and there is nothing new :p and news about HD5970 was discussed many times in this forum - look at the news date ( ie check your source ) it's dated
November 17, 2009 10:50 PM PST

Last edited:

I have a HD4670 on my system. How do i find out if it is installed in the PCI slot or the PCI-Express Slot?

Assuming it is in the in the PCI slot will there be any problem if i remove the card from there and stick it in the PCI-E slot will there be any problems/difference??

My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

It can only dock to the PCI-Express Slot. No where else, nothing else.

sxyadii

Drifting in DIRT 2

Download ATI 9.12

*www.mediafire.com/?mnmtt5nemmm

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Download ATI 9.12 ...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

I have a HD4670 on my system. How do i find out if it is installed in the PCI slot or the PCI-Express Slot?

Assuming it is in the in the PCI slot will there be any problem if i remove the card from there and stick it in the PCI-E slot will there be any problems/difference??

No offense bro but before asking such dumb question, why didn't you look up the internet to find out about PCI and PCIe slots.

PCI and PCI-E are totally different. you can't stick a PCI-E card in PCI slot and vice versa. if you have HD4670, it should be PCI-E card and you can use it only on PCI-E slot.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

Heee what a noob..if u can see ur display...working & can play hi-fi games then its ur Gcard on its ryt slot....
even if u r soooo curious then open the cabby....check the three parallel (white) slots they r the PCI.... & the one alone colorful slot(may b 2 in some boards) like pole star is PCI-E slot...dats my dumbest answer

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Download ATI 9.12

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Download ATI 9.12 ...

These are good drivers. I read some forums, great reviews. But to be safe wait for the official ones on the ATI website. Thanks, for the information though.

No offense bro but before asking such dumb question, why didn't you look up the internet to find out about PCI and PCIe slots.

PCI and PCI-E are totally different. you can't stick a PCI-E card in PCI slot and vice versa. if you have HD4670, it should be PCI-E card and you can use it only on PCI-E slot.

Yea, forgot to mention in my original post. Physically they are different. True. It is like fitting a 'D' size cell in a torch that requires 'C' size cells.

Heee what a noob..if u can see ur display...working & can play hi-fi games then its ur Gcard on its ryt slot....
even if u r soooo curious then open the cabby....check the three parallel (white) slots they r the PCI.... & the one alone colorful slot(may b 2 in some boards) like pole star is PCI-E slot...dats my dumbest answer

Nice. :)

Download ATI 9.12

Download ATI 9.12 ...

not available on official site.

IllegalUser

Caution !

Hi guys, :) need your help in getting a new graphic card below 5k..which should play almost all latest games atleast in mid- high settings. :? And im having a normal PSU ..450W Odyssey..:sad: so i dont think it wont be a good idea if i get a DDR3 Graphic Card. Is there any possibility to play if i get a DDR 3 card without buying a new PSU ??

Here is my system settings

AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+
Asus M2n68- AM Graphic Integrated Motherboard
2GB RAM
and a normal PSU (450W Odyssey)

So suggest me a good graphic card.

I have got some options. :razz:

1. Xfx Nvidia9600 GT 512/1gb DDR2
2. Xfx Nvidia GT 220 1gb DDR 2
3. ATI Radeon™ HD 4670 DDR 2

So please help me guys.

Thank you.
Illegal User. :)

Last edited:

for instant but which gfx 1gb is better , only for gaming, price upto 15-16k, a friend of mine wants it, i said hd4890,

smltngs

Broken In

which provides better driver support, nvidia or ati?(according to recent times)

tkin

Back to school!!

for instant but which gfx 1gb is better , only for gaming, price upto 15-16k, a friend of mine wants it, i said hd4890,
HD5850 @ 16.8 k is faster than HD4890, its also DX11 capable, the fastest card below 20k now.

Top Bottom