Graphics Cards related queries here.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Police Chowky is located on the opposite foothpath of Prime ABGB. I recommend you first get out of stationg, then pass on the tunnel after which you have to take compulsory left. Go straight till the lane ends & you get to the junction of four roads(the bridge should be on your left). Now turn right & keep going on the foothpath. You will reach realtime soon.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!

What's the price of HD5850 now? Thinkin' of buyin' it. Is it good? 'Cause I'll be playin' with 1440x900 res. Wha'che guys think?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^
It is still for 17K.
If not talking about Crysis, even a 4870 and 4890 are good @ 1440x900 @ all maxed out.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

at1440*900 resolution, i played crysis at high settings on hd4770.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!

Thank God! So, I can wait calmly for Fermi then. Thank you, budds :doublethumb:. Got a Q though, is there will be any performance increments if I change my DDR2 667MHz to DDR3 1xxxMHz or DDR2 10xxMHz? I'm a "serious gamer", nothin' more.

r4gs

In the zone

@nvidiageek: does your motherboard even support ddr3?

tkin

Back to school!!

Whats EOL :noob:

moreover performance difference type between 1600MHZ & 1333MHZ RAM
EOL- End Of Life, that is no more in production.

End-of-life (EOL) is a term used with respect to a retailed product, indicating that the product is in the end of its product lifetime and a vendor will no longer be marketing, selling, or promoting a particular product and may also be limiting or ending support for the product. In the specific case of product sales, the term end-of-sale (EOS) has also been used. The term lifetime, after the last production date, depends on the product and is related to a customer's expected product lifetime. Different lifetime examples include toys from fast food chains (weeks or months), cars (10 years), and mobile phones (3 years).

Product support during EOL varies by product. For hardware with an expected lifetime of 10 years after production ends, the support includes spare parts, technical support and service. Spare part lifetimes are price-driven due to increasing production costs: when the parts no longer can be supplied through a high volume production site (often closed when series production ends), the cost increases.

In the computing field, this has significance in the production and supportability of software and hardware products. For example, Microsoft marked Windows 98 for end-of-life on June 30, 2006. Its software produced after that date, such as Office 2007 (released November 30, 2006), is not supported on Windows 98 or any prior versions. Depending on vendor, this may differ from end of service life, which has the added distinction that a system or software will no longer be supported by the vendor providing support.

With hardware products, the term has come to incorporate the disposal and recycle-ability of an article. Many companies are now charging a "recycling" fee up front to cover the cost of disposal at end of life. Many hardware products are now engineered with end of life in mind.
------------------Wikipedia.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!

@"Mad" :razz: - Hell no! I'll borrow my cousin's :D. I'm usin' his GF9800GTX+. Tell me is it worth?

tkin

Back to school!!

^^
Well from a thermal point of view for GPUs. They can withstand 6-7 hours of use. That is why we pay so much for them.
Do you mean 6-7hrs of gaming or runtime? Cause I usually forget to turn off my PC. :lol:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

is there ne AMD proccy which competes core-i5 or core-i7 :?:

Moreover is core-i5 or i7 has 4 cores just like Quad-Core :-o

Krow

Crowman

Sad truth is Core i5 750 more or less pwns all AMD processors. Its your best bet. IMO it is the most VFM processor right now.

Yes. Core i7 has hyper threading enabled, so each core handles 2 threads at a time, hence it is a total of 8 threads which are functional at any given point of time. Core i5 does not have hyper threading, so it is a quad core.

Zangetsu

thanx krow....to tell u the truth my eyes r stucked on 5850 but it is damm costly...:shock:

bcoz my upgrade will b one time only.....(final)
so,i want atleast a better card 2 b owned proudly for @least 1.5-2yrs
coz i will b upgrading after 6yrs ....i.e 2010 march-apr

so my moto is "take one-best one"

Krow

Crowman

If you are gonna upgrade in March, why ask now? Prices change every week almost. Get what is best then. Its too long to call. Besides, you can't use Core i5 without a GPU. :)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Thank God! So, I can wait calmly for Fermi then. Thank you, budds :doublethumb:. Got a Q though, is there will be any performance increments if I change my DDR2 667MHz to DDR3 1xxxMHz or DDR2 10xxMHz? I'm a "serious gamer", nothin' more.

Not that much of a visible difference to the naked eye. Yes, your FPS will go up a shade or two. 2-4 points to a max.

Do you mean 6-7hrs of gaming or runtime? Cause I usually forget to turn off my PC. :lol:
Yea they can withstand that much. Cause once the GPU reaches say 70C(my system), it does not move beyond that. So I can continue to game at this temperature for "n" hours. The core can withstand that much.

Not as of now. The i5 and i7 chipsets are blazing fast. And with DMI and QPI respectively they have negated the NB bottleneck for the PCI.E and RAM lanes.

Sad truth is Core i5 750 more or less pwns all AMD processors. Its your best bet. IMO it is the most VFM processor right now.

Yes. Core i7 has hyper threading enabled, so each core handles 2 threads at a time, hence it is a total of 8 threads which are functional at any given point of time. Core i5 does not have hyper threading, so it is a quad core.

But the i5 is fast as you mentioned. Even without hyper threading -- in gaming hardly much of a difference, HT. Infact the DMI of i5 chipset is quicker than the QPI of the i7..!

thanx krow....to tell u the truth my eyes r stucked on 5850 but it is damm costly...:shock:

bcoz my upgrade will b one time only.....(final)
so,i want atleast a better card 2 b owned proudly for @least 1.5-2yrs
coz i will b upgrading after 6yrs ....i.e 2010 march-apr

so my moto is "take one-best one"

Not possible. You can never create a machine 'today', and have it future proofed for 6 years. Yea, if you do not game, then probably you could for basic word processing and surfing. But for gaming -- 6 years is to far wide a window. Sorry. A latest GPU will max support you 2-2.5 years if you want to play with max settings and high resolutions.

Zangetsu

Not possible. You can never create a machine 'today', and have it future proofed for 6 years. Yea, if you do not game, then probably you could for basic word processing and surfing. But for gaming -- 6 years is to far wide a window. Sorry. A latest GPU will max support you 2-2.5 years if you want to play with max settings and high resolutions.

I mean my 1st PC was on 2004
now my 2nd Updgrade will on 2010

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Ok..sounds good. You can buy the best VFM money and what matches your requirements, in a few days...! (2010).

And then see how technology advances, and how well your system maintains.
:)

Hi guys i was surfing few sites lately, on Nvidia one it was written that the min PSU requirement for 9600 GT 1GB is 400 W on another site it was written 9600 GT requires 500W I am a bit confused.
What is the power supply requirement for 9600 GT 1GB :?::?:
thanks

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

As a general rule:

Any GPU (non dual PCB or non dual core) which requires a PCI.E PSU connector, 450W is good to go.

450W will give you exact power, you cannot OC, you cannot add extra devices.

Top Bottom