Graphics Cards related queries here.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

They got hot.

Master runs at 82-83C, and slave at around 75-77C. I play 3-4 hours, when I do, at stretch. (Get up to go to the washroom only--pause the game).

Fan profile is default. The 2nd card is slightly OC'ed to match the first one.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

They got hot.

Master runs at 82-83C, and slave at around 75-77C. I play 3-4 hours, when I do, at stretch. (Get up to go to the washroom only--pause the game).

Fan profile is default. The 2nd card is slightly OC'ed to match the first one.

My time is also same....but what will happen to those hardcore gamers cards.....smokkin cards...:flamethrower:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^
Well from a thermal point of view for GPUs. They can withstand 6-7 hours of use. That is why we pay so much for them.

Zangetsu

^^
Well from a thermal point of view for GPUs. They can withstand 6-7 hours of use. That is why we pay so much for them.

ya i know i just thinking about those who play 10-12 hrs online like World of Warcraft seriously addictive....:|

Zangetsu

How much is the performance difference when we play a game on this two configs:

Setup A: C2D E8500,4GB 800MHZ RAM,HD4870 1GB
Setup B: Core-i5,4GB 1600 MHZ RAM,HD4870 1GB

in both setups graphics cards r same....:wave:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

I would say 4-5 FPS at the most. Top of my head. Since the GPU is the same.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

how about this:

Setup C: Athlon II X4 620,4GB 1333MHz RAM,GTX275 or HD5850
Setup D: Phenom II X4 945, 4GB 1333MHz RAM, GTX275

Zangetsu

how about this:

Setup C: Athlon II X4 620,4GB 1333MHz RAM,GTX275 or HD5850
Setup D: Phenom II X4 945, 4GB 1333MHz RAM, GTX275

I was checking the performance improvements coz i have chosen core-i5 over C2D E8500
& 4GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM instead of 1333MHZ RAM :smile:

Krow

Crowman

core i5 is much better than E8500 and best part is that it is not EOL. Most games dont use 4 cores. This will be implemented in all games to come. Check GTA 4 scores for i5 vs E8500. You will see a big difference there.

Zangetsu

core i5 is much better than E8500 and best part is that it is not EOL. Most games dont use 4 cores. This will be implemented in all games to come. Check GTA 4 scores for i5 vs E8500. You will see a big difference there.

Whats EOL :noob:

moreover performance difference type between 1600MHZ & 1333MHZ RAM

Krow

Crowman

End Of the Line. RAM's should perform slightly better, not sure about that.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

You could say future proof. But as of now, there will not be earth-shattering difference -- example 15-12 FPS differential between the both.

Whats EOL
moreover performance difference type between 1600MHZ & 1333MHZ RAM

Really hard to say exact numbers here...again. You wont physically see the differences between the two RAMs. But overall (big picture), things will happen quicker. Faster boot time, multip-tasking quicker, wee bit higher FPS. Stuff like that.

Zangetsu

if HD5850 comes under 10K till Feb2010 then i will buy it....
or else i'll buy HD4890 what u all think :-o

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

I was checking the performance improvements coz i have chosen core-i5 over C2D E8500
& 4GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM instead of 1333MHZ RAM :smile:

Will you have gone for latest tech. So you are future proofed, and will have a quick system. Rest...peace...game..!

Cool G5

Conversation Architect

@KaranTH85 - The higher frequency of RAM will mean faster load times & a much more snappy PC. Though it won't be make too much difference in normal applications but for games where you require to squeeze out the max it sure will. Getting a low latency RAM will further improve the speed. But then again you will need to spend handsome amount to get them.

BTW the realtime computers is located ahead of the lamington road police chowky i.e towards the bridge. When you land at grant road, passs through the tunnel, take left & go straight without entering any lanes. Once you get to the main road simply walk on foothpath on the right hand side & you should reach realtime within 5 mins. :)

Zangetsu

BTW the realtime computers is located ahead of the lamington road police chowky i.e towards the bridge. When you land at grant road, passs through the tunnel, take left & go straight without entering any lanes. Once you get to the main road simply walk on foothpath on the right hand side & you should reach realtime within 5 mins. :)

let me explain...i take a fast local from dadar..stop @ a point grantroad station where
the local moves(i.e direction)
then turn left go along the footpath where on left side lots of "Cloth Shops r there"
then turn right cross the highway bridge...then choose which footpath after crossing
Left or Right coz for prime abgb i choose right one....:?:
I will ask for police chowky ....

Top Bottom