Graphics Cards related queries here.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

^^ So satisfied with red devil and feeling a unstoppable attraction towards the green demon :p

Yeah, i am satisfied , but as a previous green demon user i just feel the red devil is just not enough for me. But till now, with every game i have played, i played them at max settings that too with 8xAA and 8xAF(or whatever is max). So i am just satisfied in this part, where nVIDIA can't handle that IMO.(Previously used 7600GS and 7600GT too. Even a 2xAA or AF will eat the FPS by a large margin...:lol:)

DarkDante

Journeyman

thx asigh.when will the prices drop to abt 15k?
-----------------------------------------

Last edited:

DarkDante

Journeyman

i cant get it through d net(i dont hv a credit card),has ny1 got any other ideas for getting d GPU :?:?

Last edited:

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

guys....
bjorn3d is holding a gpu contest to win a Sapphire 5850 1GB GPU here:
*www.bjorn3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31126

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

thx asigh.when will the prices drop to abt 15k?

Well they should for the 5850..might take 2 months though.

i cant get it through d net(i dont hv a credit card),has ny1 got any other ideas for getting d GPU :?:?

1. You can transfer funds using EFT, you do not need CC for that.
2. Go to your bank, and deposit the cash physically in the vendors bank account -- get the transaction number give it to the vendor.
3. Send a demand draft (DD) via courier to the vendor.
4. Ask a friend to use his CC or debit card online. Pay him the cash.

^you can courier a demand draft to the person you are buying online from dude.

www.lynx-india.com (Chandigarh)
www.theitwares.com (Mumbai)

Yups..do this. Safe..but slow.
Posted again:
Yeah, i am satisfied , but as a previous green demon user i just feel the red devil is just not enough for me. But till now, with every game i have played, i played them at max settings that too with 8xAA and 8xAF(or whatever is max). So i am just satisfied in this part, where nVIDIA can't handle that IMO.(Previously used 7600GS and 7600GT too. Even a 2xAA or AF will eat the FPS by a large margin...:lol:)

There is quite a difference between the 7600GT and the 4xxx series card you got. Your card was created to combat the 8xxx series of nVidia. But honestly just because of the PhyX you should not down-say the red cards...........!

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

There is quite a difference between the 7600GT and the 4xxx series card you got. Your card was created to combat the 8xxx series of nVidia. But honestly just because of the PhyX you should not down-say the red cards...........!

Just because i saw the PhysX in the games i just can't resist saying that. But when it comes to performance and VFM, no match for ATi. Also, this is the first time i am playing with 8xAA,8xAF:lol:,with a steady 50+ fps in Fuel. Thats really great for me.:D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ simsak - Do what asigh told you. 1st post the full sys spec.from your post it's not clear that - when you are not getting any display can you boot into windows I mean can you hear the normal beeps and see hdd activity.

Try updating your mobo bios. It's seems like there's some prob with mobos pci-e slot or RAM. BTW, are you running your mem in DC config ?

But try removing every component including cpu, ram , hdd, psu, odd and gfx card from mobo and clean the mobo. clean the other components and reseit them.

sometime humidity can cause this type of prob. Get some sachet of silica powder from nearby medicine store and put them inside your cabby.

xbonez

NP : Crysis

Specifications:

Motherboard: EVGA 132-BL-E758-A1 X58 3-Way SLI Core i7 Motherboard

Processor: Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz 8M L3 Cache

Cabinet: Antec Twelve Hundred ATX

Power Supply: Cooler Master UCP Series 700W Crossfire/SLI certified

RAM: Corsair 3x2GB 1600MHz Tri-Channel

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB SATA II, 32 MB Cache, 7200 RPM

Sound Card: Creative Labs SB0886 PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series Sound Card

Whats Missing?

A good graphics card

Budget: $250 - $300

Options:
EVGA GTX 275 896MB Superclocked ($268)
EVGA GTX 275 1792MB ($286)
an SLI / Crossfire / ATI solution (?)

Requirements:

Gaming, of course, at resolution of 1920*1080 on a 28" HD monitor

So, please tell me what graphics card would be nost suitable.

PS - any changes I should make to the rest of the configuration? I haven't bought it yet.

EDIT

Found this review/test by Tom's hardware. *www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-graphics-card,2404.html#
According to it, it seems my best bet is 2 x HD 4850 in SLI. My question now is, with the given configuration, should I go for

(a) HD 4850 512MB x 2 (approx. $100 each)
OR
(b) HD 4850 1 GB x 2 (approx. $125 each)
OR
(c) HD 4870 1 GB x 2 (approx. $160 each) [i am willing to spend this much if the performance increase justifies it. I don't want other components to bottleneck it]

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

According to it, it seems my best bet is 2 x HD 4850 in SLI :lol: :D. My question now is, with the given configuration, should I go for

(a) HD 4850 512MB x 2 (approx. $100 each)
OR
(b) HD 4850 1 GB x 2 (approx. $125 each)
OR
(c) HD 4870 1 GB x 2 (approx. $160 each) [i am willing to spend this much if the performance increase justifies it. I don't want other components to bottleneck it]

Thats Crossfire dude. BTW HD4870 1GB Crossfire will be suitable for you, but before that check whether your mobo has the Crossfire support.(That EVGA X58 3-way SLI) AFAIK SLI boards don't support Crossfire.Ain't so? :rolleyes:

So just go for 2xGTX 260 SP216(Whatever edition ,Superclocked or underclocked :D :lol: ). Go for it. It'll compete with the 28" HD Monitor.

Dunno about HD4850 CF / HD4870 CF, but sure they beat the a$$ of nVIDIA cards in that range.The closer one is GTS250 in SLI for HD4850 and GTX 260 in SLI match HD4870 CF. Do some research by reading reviews of HD4870 in CF and GTX 260 in SLI and you may come to a conclusion.

Revolution

Wise Old Owl

Is there chances of price cut for ATI GPUs in near future(one or two months) ???

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

most probably yes. They are going to release new mid-range GPUs in less than two weeks.

Krow

Crowman

Whats Missing?

A good graphics card

Budget: $250 - $300
Have a look at the recently released ATI 5850 1GB GDDR5. Its some $279-299 AFAIK and it beats the crap out of the GTX285! Later you may even add a second 5850 in CF. :)

xbonez

^^ yeah...after reading up some reviews and test results, thats the conclusion I arrived at. I can get the HD 5850 (1Gb DDR5) for about $260, and then down the line, crossfire it with another.

online benchmarks say that the HD 5850 beats the GTX 285 (which is priced over $400), and in crossfire, the HD 5850s compare with/outperform the GTX 295 ($500 +) too.

HD 5850s aren't available yet on amazon or newegg. Only pre-orders are available for the XFX, diamond etc. Sapphire HD 5850s are available though.

Krow

Crowman

The Sapphire ones should be good IMO. Although the 5870 is good too, but that will set you back by about $379! Not VFM. U stay in US or getting it from someone there? AFAIK newegg doesn't ship to India.

xbonez

yeah, i'm comfortable with Sapphire. my first and only experience with ATi cards (the X1600) was a Sapphire and it worked great. However, i'm not getting the components till later this month, so if XFX HD5850 is out by then, I'd prefer that.

I live in the US. I'm pretty newegg doesn't ship to India

Arnab boss

In the zone

Is there chances of price cut for ATI GPUs in near future(one or two months) ???

Dude as far s I have seen all these years...' hardware prices increases in sep to nov months due to pujas and it decreases in dec till mid of feb....'

This is the trend of kolkata hardware business...'

Wait 4 few days it will come down....'

Krow

Crowman

yeah, i'm comfortable with Sapphire. my first and only experience with ATi cards (the X1600) was a Sapphire and it worked great. However, i'm not getting the components till later this month, so if XFX HD5850 is out by then, I'd prefer that.

I live in the US. I'm pretty newegg doesn't ship to India
Ah! Then newegg is your dealer. :) 5850 should be great for you whether its XFX or Sapphire. :)

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted

NEW specs and prices of 5750/5770...........at last from amd itself !!

*www.madboxpc.com/amd-radeon-hd-5750-y-hd-5770/

Page is another language but atleast look at the pictures

Top Bottom