Graphics Cards related queries here.

monkey

Padawan
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

If you r quoting from Lynx then please note that those prices are without taxes.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

power consumption isn't a big matter when buying cards @ 28K , any way we gona buy PSU for 7K .

IMO HD5870/HD5850 are no VLM , the price is high . Nvidia announced m physx will be disabled in games which is used by ATI !
*www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-physx-ati-gpu-disable,8742.html

i want to purchase a zotac 9600GT eco edition card, i am from delhi and i am unable to find this card in nehru place. It is available only at one shop(i.e. COMPUTER EMPIRE ) and i dont want to purchase it from there. can anyone suggest me better shop in nehru place to purchase this card.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ asigh - thanks for be the 1st to post about HD5850 review link in forum :p

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

power consumption isn't a big matter when buying cards @ 28K , any way we gona buy PSU for 7K .

IMO HD5870/HD5850 are no VLM , the price is high . Nvidia announced m physx will be disabled in games which is used by ATI !
*www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-physx-ati-gpu-disable,8742.html

I think nVidia all ready has done that. Some games were tested and when the game code detected an ATI build, the Physics and certain features got disabled. I guess games with TWIMTBP have these features, and are tweaked for nvidia optimization.

I personally think that the HD5xxx are value for money -- though if the prices pan out a bit more, it would be nice. We should see that this is:

1. A 40nm process - latest fabrication and done successfully. nVidia's first yield by TSM has failed.
2. Compared to the 4xxx series, this is a big change -- performance ratios, power optimization, raw processing power, new code path compatibility.
3. This time round ATI has the first mover advantage -- and they will capitilize -- they got to do business after all. :)
4. And to reiterate this card line-up is really really fast. Last time I was this excited when the 8800GT monster was released. It was fast for its time. Ground breaking.

i want to purchase a zotac 9600GT eco edition card, i am from delhi and i am unable to find this card in nehru place. It is available only at one shop(i.e. COMPUTER EMPIRE ) and i dont want to purchase it from there. can anyone suggest me better shop in nehru place to purchase this card.

SMC -- First Floor / Right side if you enter from the Paras Cinema side. It is in the same line as Computer Empire.

SMC -- First Floor / Right side if you enter from the Paras Cinema side. It is in the same line as Computer Empire.[/QUOTE]

not available there

tkin

Back to school!!

I think nVidia all ready has done that. Some games were tested and when the game code detected an ATI build, the Physics and certain features got disabled. I guess games with TWIMTBP have these features, and are tweaked for nvidia optimization.

I personally think that the HD5xxx are value for money -- though if the prices pan out a bit more, it would be nice. We should see that this is:

1. A 40nm process - latest fabrication and done successfully. nVidia's first yield by TSM has failed.
2. Compared to the 4xxx series, this is a big change -- performance ratios, power optimization, raw processing power, new code path compatibility.
3. This time round ATI has the first mover advantage -- and they will capitilize -- they got to do business after all. :)
4. And to reiterate this card line-up is really really fast. Last time I was this excited when the 8800GT monster was released. It was fast for its time. Ground breaking.

SMC -- First Floor / Right side if you enter from the Paras Cinema side. It is in the same line as Computer Empire.
ATI 58xx series is good but not at all VFM, according to lots of reviews the most VFM card is now GTX275 and HD58xx don't even make it to the top list, performance is good but so is the price hike, so you get a faster card for higher price but not a faster card for same or equivalent price which some of us wanted. The prices are not justified, you get performance, lose PhysX(many titles using it now and since it supports X360 and PS3 it will stay) and also face a non existent dx11 lineup, as long as X360/PS3 is here you can expect DX9 games to stick around. Dirt2 will support DX11 but nothing ground breaking, Dirt and grid had great graphics and Dirt2 looks like an highly optimized Dirt.

BTW- The nVidia GT300 poor yield is just a myth, an ATI fanboy site called Semiaccurate.com started to spread it, its a damn lie,both ATI and nVidia suffered from poor yields but never as low as 0.02%.

*www.fudzilla.com/content/view/15689/65/
*www.guru3d.com/news/nvidia--gt300-yields-are-fine-/

Fermi Specs:
*www.fudzilla.com/content/view/15756/65/
It seems nVidia will make a true cGpu, this card can execute C++ codes directly and has a L1 cache

Fermi Pictured:
*www.fudzilla.com/content/view/15762/65/

The only thing that worries me is price, with those specs, if true, this card will cost an arm and a leg, lets follow up.

Anyway Lucid Hydra finally launches the Hydra 200 chip, MSI is already testing it, die SLI/Crossfire Die.

*www.fudzilla.com/content/view/15669/65/

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

That will never happen, faster/new generation cards being released at the current prices. We will always have to pay a 'premium' for high performance parts. I can bet 6-7 months down the line many of us will have 5xxx parts...like we transitioned to 4xxx series.

So what if we are loosing Physics. That is a technology which nVidia is holding to their chest, and they are refusing to share it to the competition -- infact disabling it for non nVidia chips.

We should remember these are new generation parts and which are much much quicker then the existent line - up. Okay the GTX275 is approximate 14K cheaper (hell you can get two 275s for the price of a 5870), but if we see performance the 5870 beats the pants of the the 275. And then the 5850 series which is just 4-5K more then the GT275 series, is also performing better.

I think the amount of $$$s one pushes into the 5xxx series is correctly mapped to the output one will get. So it makes it VFM..definitely.

Do not take me for a FAN-BOY here. Am just justifying the business logic which ATI is using. Am sure, I will be writing the same when the GT300 series are released by the 'green side'.

Krow

Crowman

ATI 58xx series is good but not at all VFM, according to lots of reviews the most VFM card is now GTX275 and HD58xx don't even make it to the top list, performance is good but so is the price hike, so you get a faster card for higher price but not a faster card for same or equivalent price which some of us wanted. The prices are not justified, you get performance, lose PhysX(many titles using it now and since it supports X360 and PS3 it will stay) and also face a non existent dx11 lineup, as long as X360/PS3 is here you can expect DX9 games to stick around. Dirt2 will support DX11 but nothing ground breaking, Dirt and grid had great graphics and Dirt2 looks like an highly optimized Dirt.*www.fudzilla.com/content/view/15669/65/

Sir, the HD5850 is available for 17.5k (Kolkata - Exodus PC rate) and it pwns the GTX285, what more do you need? What you are talking about is highlighting only what is not there. Since, nvidia is losing the performance war now, it will bank on PhysX of course, but even ATI is pushing Bullet Physics and has given up Havok. Bullet Physics is also gonna be open source. About VFM, the 4890 is neck in neck with GTX275 and is cheaper, so that would be best for the 10-15k price segment.

5850 will be the most vfm buy under 20k, whether anybody wants to admit it or not.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^ As long as I get good FPS at FSAA = highest I am satisfied....! PhysX is just 'small' icing on the cake. If it is not there..big deal..I can still eat my cake. :)
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:

not available there[/QUOTE]

If you cannot get it in any of the shops in that same linear line as SMC..then order it from Lynx...not sure though if they have it. They deliver fast to New Delhi.

Last edited:

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

That will never happen, faster/new generation cards being released at the current prices. We will always have to pay a 'premium' for high performance parts. I can bet 6-7 months down the line many of us will have 5xxx parts...like we transitioned to 4xxx series.

So what if we are loosing Physics. That is a technology which nVidia is holding to their chest, and they are refusing to share it to the competition -- infact disabling it for non nVidia chips.

We should remember these are new generation parts and which are much much quicker then the existent line - up. Okay the GTX275 is approximate 14K cheaper (hell you can get two 275s for the price of a 5870), but if we see performance the 5870 beats the pants of the the 275. And then the 5850 series which is just 4-5K more then the GT275 series, is also performing better.

I think the amount of $$$s one pushes into the 5xxx series is correctly mapped to the output one will get. So it makes it VFM..definitely.

Do not take me for a FAN-BOY here. Am just justifying the business logic which ATI is using. Am sure, I will be writing the same when the GT300 series are released by the 'green side'.

I know u r not any fanboy !!! :))

i have been using HD4850 before GTX260 , the card has such power to run all the games @ HD except crysis @ high settings , i was happy but when i saw my friends GTX280 the graphics in Nvidia is strong & physx isn't ice ! the main feature of eyecandy .

Then only i shifted to GTX260 , since i knew that HD4850 itself handles all the games @ HD means sure HD 5850 takes up to 2XXX resolution .

Tkin point is - GTX285 performs more than HD5850 when the physx is disabled , i used enabling physx reduced 10-13 FPS ! Any want to play maxed out games @ full HD then sure HD5850 is TRUE VLM , but like me they dont care about resolution , all they need is heavy graphics + eyecandy then Nvidia is the key ! :-o:idea:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^ D.Goodman999..

Not sure I understand. You saying the nVidia chips spin out better graphics..or they render quicker compared to ATI..?..Or is there something else..?

tkin

Back to school!!

^^ D.Goodman999..

Not sure I understand. You saying the nVidia chips spin out better graphics..or they render quicker compared to ATI..?..Or is there something else..?
I think he means PhysX, some of my friends own good ati hardware like HD4850/4870 and one of them owns HD4890, although their hardware eats mine for breakfast but all of them felt jealous when they knew that PhysX is nVidia exclusive(I felt jealous for getting low FPS, but ....:sad: ), and about that bullet PhysX, it has 10% market share trailing behind Havoc and nVidia, now Havoc is owned by Intel, they won't let ATI accelerate it over GPU till larrabee comes out, as for PhysX......

nVidia on the other hand is moving away form the gaming business, they are going the GPGPU way, their fermi is actually a hybrid CPU/GPU and they are focusing more on CUDA. It will be bad if they abandon the GPU market. Lets wait and see.
Posted again:
Sir, the HD5850 is available for 17.5k (Kolkata - Exodus PC rate) and it pwns the GTX285, what more do you need? What you are talking about is highlighting only what is not there. Since, nvidia is losing the performance war now, it will bank on PhysX of course, but even ATI is pushing Bullet Physics and has given up Havok. Bullet Physics is also gonna be open source. About VFM, the 4890 is neck in neck with GTX275 and is cheaper, so that would be best for the 10-15k price segment.

5850 will be the most vfm buy under 20k, whether anybody wants to admit it or not.
HD4890 and GTX275 is similiarly priced, both GPUs can accelerate any Game(except Crysis) at 1920x1080,4xaa,16xaf no sweat, you think anyone will pay 4k extra for HD5850? After all not many of us(read none) own 2560x1600 monitor. Thats what I meant by VFM, considering PERFORMANCE PER DOLLAR HD4890(DX10.1)/GTX275(PhysX) wins.

BTW- Forget DX11 games, most DX11(read - a very few) games will disable a few effects unless you own a DX11 hardware(GOW), true DX11 games will ship with next gen consoles(when unreal engine 4 hits).

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!

OMFG, nVidia is going to leave the PC gaming market, at least it tends to, WTF??

Read this; *arstechnica.com/hardware/news/2009...ct-aim-at-intel-supercomputing-with-fermi.ars

That settles it, the next ATI 6xxx card will cost 500$ due to lack of direct competition. nVidia should be sued or something like that.

With the launch of Fermi all the different websites are saying the same thing.

Krow

Crowman

HD4890 and GTX275 is similiarly priced, both GPUs can accelerate any Game(except Crysis) at 1920x1080,4xaa,16xaf no sweat, you think anyone will pay 4k extra for HD5850? After all not many of us(read none) own 2560x1600 monitor. Thats what I meant by VFM, considering PERFORMANCE PER DOLLAR HD4890(DX10.1)/GTX275(PhysX) wins.
Just what I said,except for the HD5850 bit. When people paid 22k or so for their GTX285's, why wouldn't they pay 17k for a card which kicks the crap out of the GTX285? It is value for money in the sense that it is the only card now, which can render all games at max resolution without a hitch and will continue to do so for quite some time (read future proof). For 4k more, performance will have a huge gain. Why did people pay around 17k for the GTX275 when it launched along with the HD4890, when more VFM options were always there in GTX260 and HD4870? Cuz they perform better. Similarly, people will buy the HD5850 as it is THE card to buy if you have about 20k to shell on a GFX card. Without DX11 it is kicking the nvidia cards outta the world, so why bother with DX11?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Just what I said,except for the HD5850 bit. When people paid 22k or so for their GTX285's, why wouldn't they pay 17k for a card which kicks the crap out of the GTX285? It is value for money in the sense that it is the only card now, which can render all games at max resolution without a hitch and will continue to do so for quite some time (read future proof). For 4k more, performance will have a huge gain. Why did people pay around 17k for the GTX275 when it launched along with the HD4890, when more VFM options were always there in GTX260 and HD4870? Cuz they perform better. Similarly, people will buy the HD5850 as it is THE card to buy if you have about 20k to shell on a GFX card. Without DX11 it is kicking the nvidia cards outta the world, so why bother with DX11?

Yups..true. When ever a new GPU will be released and it is faster with better features, the world will lap it up. People will always want the fastest..at a good price..and the ATI line up offers just that.

tkin

Back to school!!

GTX260/HD4870 can't propel all games @ 1920x1080 maxed out with 8x AA, theres games like FC2, Stalker not to forget Crysis/WH, something that HD4890/GTX275 can do, HD5850 is faster than GTX285 no doubt but its moving away from the mainstream line, and HD5870 is a complete waste of money, the performance difference isn't worth 100$. We will just have to wait and see which team brings out the mainstream part first.
Posted again:
Yups..true. When ever a new GPU will be released and it is faster with better features, the world will lap it up. People will always want the fastest..at a good price..and the ATI line up offers just that.
If that was true GTX285 would've sold like hotcakes, it didn't, it lost to HD4870 even though it performed less, it was all about VFM.

Last edited:

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

^^ D.Goodman999..

No , this is'nt about Nvidia / Ati ! i can say that ATi HD48XX series was my personal fav :smile: , i luv HD4850 playing all games @ 1080p with out a single lagging @ that too with dump processor AMD phenom 9550 , but the FPS is the heart for playing games but Nvidia totally differ from Eye candy thats all .

Even i say all this next i am going to get the ATi only HD5850/5870 wen the price is reduced when i get my 24" inch monitor:razz:

seriously i luv to use Nvidia for graphics & eyecandy , ATI for the high resolution monitor .

But the money only problem !

Krow

Crowman

^damngoodman999 Which model monitor are you gonna get? :)

Revolution

Wise Old Owl

Still no sign of price drop for old graphics cards after launch of Ati 5xxx series .....:(

Top Bottom