Graphics Cards related queries here.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Which is better???

XFX 9500GT 1GB - 3.5k
Zotac 9500GT 1GB - 3k
Palit 9500GT 1GB - 3k
Sparkle 9500GT 1GB - 3k

Though I can afford XFX but the other brands r offering less price. Is XFX have some extra features??

I think Zotac doesn't hav ny VGA port in thr gfx card...

Plz help......which one shud I go for?? Nything xtra features over the others??

I do not think you get extra features with XFX. Yea the physical bundle may be different in terms of connectors/game discs/cables.

Most cards offer DVI/VGA/S-Video Composite as standard connectivity. Even if you get two DVI connectors, you can easily hook up using a DVI-VGA connector module.

Just get the cheapest one.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

Okz.......I'm going to pickup Palit one......Everyone is saying Palit is a gud performer and more VFM.

My default PSU wont support tat.......so I'm going to buy a PSU too.....
Zebronics Platinum ZEB-600W - 1.6k(i think so, correct me if I'm wrong)
*www.zebronics.net/Platinum_Powersupply.asp

As I'm on a very low budget....

Do u hav ny other options in tat budget....??

One more ques.......One of my friend need a PCI Graphics card.....I dont hav ny idea?? Are they available?? What will b the price?? Plz suggest.....

I suggested him to upgr8 the total antique model........But he wont.....he want a PCI graphics card for now........later he will buy a lappy....!!

So plz suggest me a gud PSU in tat Zebby Platinum ZEB-600W range.......and a PCI graphics card on as low budget as u can...

Wat will be the price of Zebronics Platinum ZEB-700W???

tkin

Back to school!!

I do not think you get extra features with XFX. Yea the physical bundle may be different in terms of connectors/game discs/cables.

Most cards offer DVI/VGA/S-Video Composite as standard connectivity. Even if you get two DVI connectors, you can easily hook up using a DVI-VGA connector module.

Just get the cheapest one.
The cheapest are from zebronics(yes, they make low end GPU), you won't advice that right? Also some cheap companies give 2 yrs warranty. Check that out.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

The cheapest are from zebronics(yes, they make low end GPU), you won't advice that right? Also some cheap companies give 2 yrs warranty. Check that out.

What difference will it make.

The core is ATI. That is what I believe for GPUs.

tkin

Back to school!!

What difference will it make.

The core is ATI. That is what I believe for GPUs.
But the warranty is 2 yrs, what if it goes boom, some early HD4850 went that way, remember, same for 8600gt.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^

True. I guess Mr. Sarkar will have to weigh it out.

Cheap Price + risky quality vs Good quality (read: service, warranty) + higher price.

But he is choosing Palit, so he should be good to go..? Tkin..?

tkin

Back to school!!

^^

True. I guess Mr. Sarkar will have to weigh it out.

Cheap Price + risky quality vs Good quality (read: service, warranty) + higher price.

But he is choosing Palit, so he should be good to go..? Tkin..?
Palit is good, but he should never get companies like PoV, sparkle and of coarse Zebronics,, they make lousy cases, so they should stick to it, not gpu.

BTW- anyone think the 5850 and 5870 are a bit too costly, specially with a non-existent DX11 titles lineup(except dirt 2, but nothing substantial).

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

BTW- anyone think the 5850 and 5870 are a bit too costly, specially with a non-existent DX11 titles lineup(except dirt 2, but nothing substantial).

Yea true. They are too expensive. I will probably skip the whole 5xxx series..thought about it a while, and let technology catch up. And what will 150+ FPS do in a game. Am happy with the FPS my system is pushing out.

Also I have read, that even the i7 with QPI are causing bottle necks for the 5870.
:(

But on the flip-side release of 5xxx will lower the price for 4xxx series (hopefully). A 4870 is good for all games today.

Hi,
I need info abt Graphic card worth 10k-12k

i hv following system

AMD phenom II 940@3.00GHz | ga-ma78gm-s2h | Corsair TX 650 | CM 690 | 2x2Gb Kingston @800Mhz | Samsung 2233sw
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
Hi,

i hv following system

AMD phenom II 940@3.00GHz | ga-ma78gm-s2h | Corsair TX 650 | CM 690 |WD 500GB | 2x2Gb Kingston @800Mhz | Samsung 2233sw

Last edited:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

Okz.......I'm going to pickup Palit one......Everyone is saying Palit is a gud performer and more VFM.

My default PSU wont support tat.......so I'm going to buy a PSU too.....
Zebronics Platinum ZEB-600W - 1.6k(i think so, correct me if I'm wrong)
*www.zebronics.net/Platinum_Powersupply.asp

As I'm on a very low budget....

Do u hav ny other options in tat budget....??

One more ques.......One of my friend need a PCI Graphics card.....I dont hav ny idea?? Are they available?? What will b the price?? Plz suggest.....

I suggested him to upgr8 the total antique model........But he wont.....he want a PCI graphics card for now........later he will buy a lappy....!!

So plz suggest me a gud PSU in tat Zebby Platinum ZEB-600W range.......and a PCI graphics card on as low budget as u can...

Wat will be the price of Zebronics Platinum ZEB-700W???

Okz.......aftr reading all the suggestions......I wud like to go for XFX or Palit...

But sum1 plz advise about the PSU plz.....

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Hi,

i hv following system

AMD phenom II 940@3.00GHz | ga-ma78gm-s2h | Corsair TX 650 | CM 690 | 2x2Gb Kingston @800Mhz | Samsung 2233sw
Posted again:
Hi,

i hv following system

AMD phenom II 940@3.00GHz | ga-ma78gm-s2h | Corsair TX 650 | CM 690 |WD 500GB | 2x2Gb Kingston @800Mhz | Samsung 2233sw

MSI 4870 1 GB ~12K should compliment your system just fine.

Krow

Crowman

Hi,
i hv following system
Wait for some days. ATI's 5xxx series will lead to a decrease in price and if you can't, then get the 4870 1GB @ 10.3k or better get Palit GTX260 SONIC @ 10.5k. Other cards are: Sapphire 4890 1GB @ 12.8k & GTX275 @ 13k

My recommendation is Palit GTX260 SONIC as it is most VFM card today and beats the 4870 1GB and falls sweet into your budget.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Friends....

We have an absolute winner here. For the price and performance this card is phenomenal. It is really scary in Cross fire. Scaling so close to the 5870s. And at times it is beating the GT285 series. Power consumption is low too...! :)

Read the review here.

The only think I did not like, they placed the PSU connectors in an air-intake slot. How dumb...! Hope non-reference OEMs will change that.

*www.guru3d.com/imageview.php?image=20471

Once this GPU is less then 15K ---> its a hot-cake. Grab it.!

Last edited:

monkey

Padawan

5870 for 15k will be some wait...:-|
Just see what price we got in India ---> Erodov :shock:

Why does it have happen in India?? :-x

monkey

Padawan

OOps...sorry! Saw just 5870...
Heard that 5850 would be around 18k when launched...

Top Bottom