Graphics Cards related queries here.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
@rajendra99 : atleast a 6800GT or a X800XT ........

@QwertyManiac : ha! ha! i wish u had the luck that i had when i sold that card .... i sold the one i had for 4k's ... that too only 6 months ago ....

rajendra99

Broken In
thanx deathvirus,

but 6800GT is very expensive (over 23K). Won't a 6600GT do? It is available around 10K. And I need VGA out, not DVI.

Any ATI card compareble with 6600GT? Who stocks ATI cards in Mumbai?

Ringwraith

Journeyman
1600*1200 plus AA/FSAA will be too much for the 6600 GT...however i guess u can run it without the eye candy at this resolution at a playable framerate.

ps.@ rajendra wat 21" monitor do u have? how much did it cost?

loo_31

Broken In
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

geek_rohit said:
loo_31 said:
geek_rohit said:
I'm sick of seeing so many graphics cards related threads. Now I have made a new thread. Now post all your GFX card related questions and queries in here. Whether it is price, whether it is which card to buy and whether it is nVidia or ATi, anything which includes graphics cards. And mods please make this thread this sticky. So that it stays on the top for everyone to see. This will make it easier to find the thread for graphics cards and also it will make it more neat.
hi geek_rohit I have bought recently XFX 5700LE 256MB graphics card for Rs.3500/-. I have seen replies that it sucks, is it true if it is then tell me what to do? After one month it has started giving problem that driver failed to draw and system is gets restart again & again. Is there any solution???

Well the 5700LE is an entry level card so don't expect much performance from it. Now as for your problem, how the trouble started, was it sudden or after u installed some software or tinkered with ur hardware. Since ur system keeps on rebooting I doubt it is a GFX card prob. Some thing else is wrong. Now if after powering on nothing is diaplyed that mean the GFX card isn't working. If the POST messages are displayed that means some other hardware problem is there, and the card is OK. Check all the cables and see for some loose connections. See if it gives some beeps.

Well thnx buddy, there was really a driver problem. I installed sp1 and updates using autopatcher then i re-installed my graphics driver again and my problem was solved. This problem was actually started after month .I checked everything, card is alright, well there is also no latest driver for this card available after v56.55. Latest driver provided by nvidia v77.00 something does not support this card.

Well i want to ask that is the price 3500/- is ok or not or i have been looted.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
@Ringwraith : hey i own a 6600GT .. i am able to play all the current games 1280x1024 , 2x/4x aa , 8x/16x af at maxed out settings ...... and so i really dont care about playing games at 1600x1200 .... and if u want proof then u can visit the following link to see some screenshots i've taken during gameplay ....
*s4.invisionfree.com/friendzforlife/index.php?showtopic=254

the only radeon card comparable to the 6600GT is the x800 (not x800pro/xt) ......

Important : A friend of mine just got a GeForce 6200 128mb 64bit mem. agp8x card for just 3800 bucks .... so i think even the low end fx card will be out of the market soon .... (like the fx5700le) ......

@rajendra99 : ok .. but dont get anything less than a 6800 (nonGT/nonU) ... it shouldn't cost much more than a 6600GT ....

Ringwraith

Journeyman
yeah dude me getting the leadtek 6600GT extreme on monday too :) , btw rajendran was asking abt 1600*1200 res...ofcourse the 6600GT can handle almost every new game @ 1280*1024 at decent framerates

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
@ Ringwraith : I've got the XFX 6600GT Gamer's Edition ... i consider myself the lucky one as they have ceased manufacturing this card for the agp8x anymore ....... comes with 1.6ns ram modules ... very good at oc'ing .. i managed 595/1225 with the stock heatsink .....

Hey i get 60.5 fps in CS : Stress Test at 1280x1024 , 4x aa , 16x af , maxed quality , vsync off ......

sesi5674u

Broken In
are asus cards good?i'm thinkin of buying one.But somebody earlier posted not to buy it.so should i change my decision.somebody plz help?

Ringwraith

Journeyman
dont think ne1 retailer keeps BFG cards here in india...thr was discussion on BIG cards which are probably frm the same fab factory as BFG's cards...so maybe u cud try that thread....

magnet

Youngling
guys i dont hav xperience on graphic cards...but i know on 1600*1200 6600gt doesnt work......got this frm xbitlabs.com.......

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
hey .. my friend recently brought a big card ... hell i think my xfx performs better than that at stock ...

Actually the 6600GT is a bit bottlenecked by its 128bit mem. interface at 1600x1200 .... i've seen people playing games at 1600x1200 with a 6600GT but they prefer 1280x1024 with 2x aa more ....

magnet

Youngling
check this link...i decided frm here..may b i m wrong...

btw sorry its tomshardware not..xbitlabs

*graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20050524/vga_charts-02.html

nishantv2003

We Both Have a Mouse!!!
hi guyes,
when i went to buy me a graphic card(128MB,8X,AGP) i only had 2 options because of my budget (2k-2.2k),
so my options were-
1.XFX 5200 (nvida) -2.2k (with video out but w/o DVI port)
2.ATI 9250 (Mora Board) -2.2k (with video out and DVI port)
so i asked the shopkeeper which one should i choose(i didnt needed DVI port),
so he suggested me ATI 9250 and i bought it.
Now you guyes tell me did i made a mistake or was it a good buy?

P.S. i got 789 3d marks from 3d mark 03 and my config is Amd 64 athlon 3000+, msi k8mm-ilsr, 512 mb 400 fsb ram and 80 gb sata.

regards,
nishant

nishantv2003

We Both Have a Mouse!!!
thanx Ringwraith for your reply.
for how much and when did u bought fx5200.
and what can i do now??
should i sell it or keep it.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
dont go by ur 3dmark score .... the fx5200 might score better than the 9250 in benchmarks coz the former support sm2.0 while the later only sm1.1 ... but in-game the story will be a bit different ...

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
*users.erols.com/chare/video.htm

here is a link... cheak it out... all the cards compaired here..

humm dont know whether any one has posted it or not....

Top Bottom